The Universe has boundary?

Are you saying it's possible to have a two dimensional volume? I mean, do you imply a two dimensional sphere? A two dimensional cylinder? Cool, tell me more! I can relate to cylinders. For instance, in an internal combustion engine, what would the stroke be of a 2 dimensional cylinder? How would the crank be able to turn with a 0" stroke? Things that make you go hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

An infinite 3D surface could bound a finite 4D hypersphere, but the 3D part is still infinite and unbounded, and you wouldn't come back to where you began.

It comes in all flavors! Just grab up a handful of mass and tap into the free energy. Motion for free folks!!! Yaaaaaahhhooo
You may not believe this but I think you might be right. If particles are *shhh, don't tell I said this* composed of energy in the form of waves then it might be reasonable to consider them vibrating with inflowing and out flowing waves ... :). I mean, if you are allowed to speculate about the imponderables, lol.

Are you saying it's possible to have a two dimensional volume?
No, I think you misunderstood me.
If there is a two-dimensional universe means there the "objects" do not have volume.
If they do not have volume, then the objects do not exist for us.
But not that was the "scenario".

Are you saying it's possible to have a two dimensional volume? I mean, do you imply a two dimensional sphere? A two dimensional cylinder? Cool, tell me more! I can relate to cylinders. For instance, in an internal combustion engine, what would the stroke be of a 2 dimensional cylinder? How would the crank be able to turn with a 0" stroke? Things that make you go hmmmmm. :rolleyes:
Lol, yes, it is hard to use the 2D analogy. I would like to say that though I agree with your greater point about any boundary, the boundary of the universe that would fit the definition of a boundary in GR would be one called the "no space" boundary. I other words, if it was weird but true that the universe was creating space into which it expanded then the boundary would be called "no space".

It would stand to reason that in a universe bounded by no space, straight lines would curve around and meet themselves.

An infinite 3D surface could bound a finite 4D hypersphere, but the 3D part is still infinite and unbounded, and you wouldn't come back to where you began.
If we consider a two-dimensional curved space so as it "closes" a sphere, and I would be a bi-dimensional "creature", then I came back to where I started, but from the other side.
Why not be true if we increase the dimensions by one?

Last edited:
Based on what facts do we conclude that the universe has boundary? We only can not see with our telescopes the things lying far far away from us, where the light has not yet reached us because it is too far away, we actually don't see and don't know what are those things so far away, however, we concluded that the universe has boundary,
this is not scientific. what do u think?
I think it's a reasonable inference. It's not quite scientific because we have no actual evidence for it. But on the other hand we have evidence from WMAP that the universe is flat with a 2% margin of error, we have evidence for the big bang, and we have no evidence for an infinite universe. So we're left mulling over a big bang universe where space itself is expanding, and isn't infinite. So it has some kind of boundary. It's important to appreciate that there is no space beyond this boundary. And that with a flat universe, you don't end up coming back on yourself. The universe we're talking about here would be a sphere rather than a hypersphere.

If we consider a two-dimensional curved space so as it "closes" a sphere, and I would be a bi-dimensional "creature", then I came back to where I started, but from the other side.
Why not be true if we increase the dimensions by one?

Perhaps if you were a 4-dimensional creature it would, somehow.

She??!!
I'm female?
OMG I'm going straight to bed...
Let me see ... that avatar ... Oh yes, I remember, you told me about the operation about a year ago. Was it you that has been to Kalamazoo or was that someone else?

You must first define the term "universe" before you can begin to answer the question if it's finite or infinite.

If you define the term universe as an element part of a larger element, then the universe has boundaries such as the earth does, or a snowball does. I do not define or consider the universe as an object with boundaries.

If you define the term universe as a volume which contains objects of mass, then certainly the universe is infinite, without boundaries. It is impossible to have a finite volume with this definition of universe, as you can always have a greater volume.

There is no boundaries on the volume of space.

Mass evolves to space!

Visible universe = All the galaxies with stars
Real universe = The visible universe and every thing else whatever it may be.

I think it's a reasonable inference. It's not quite scientific because we have no actual evidence for it. But on the other hand we have evidence from WMAP that the universe is flat with a 2% margin of error, we have evidence for the big bang, and we have no evidence for an infinite universe. So we're left mulling over a big bang universe where space itself is expanding, and isn't infinite. So it has some kind of boundary. It's important to appreciate that there is no space beyond this boundary. And that with a flat universe, you don't end up coming back on yourself. The universe we're talking about here would be a sphere rather than a hypersphere.

Does the Physics text book teaches so?

When he asked the question "The Universe has boundary?", I thought by reflex to how big is the universe.
But there is also a universe infinitely small.
This universe infinitely small, it has a border? So small that nothing there something even smaller?
There is a boundary for visible universe infinitely small? (I understand by this, thanks to a "super microscope", the increase is so large that the photon is so great that there no resolution on the retina.)

Back