The Stalin/Pol Pot/Hitler Killed Because of Atheism Fallacy

S.A.M.

uniquely dreadful
Valued Senior Member
For example? Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? Khmer Rouge? These are the mega killers of this century.

For example? Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? Khmer Rouge? These are the mega killers of this century.

Bet I can name more religious dictators than you can name atheist ones SAM :D Did those leaders claim atheism told them to kill people?

Oh so want the itty bitty killers rather than the democidal maniacs? You should have said so.

Okay, I'll wait too, it will be interesting to hear, in view of existing evidence of mega-democides by stated athiests, how they answer this one. :)

Here are some figures, as well

20TH_C_MORTACRACIES.GIF

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

You love stats.. I remember that one that claimed 30 million killed by islam in India over the centuries. However.. were not taking who got the largest death count. Allah/God already wins that one.

Im asking why religion can make some usually normal humans justify murder so quickly.

And I'm providing evidence that contradicts your thesis. :p

Do you have any evidence supporting yours?

Or should we just take you on...faith? :D

And I'm providing evidence that contradicts your thesis. :p

Do you have any evidence supporting yours?

Or should we just take you on...faith? :D

No again you need common sense to understand what I am asking. I told you.. I dont think you have the capacity to answer what I was trying to ask.

You keep bringing up mean atheists.. but none of them were told by "atheism" to do what they did.

Im not talking Stalin or Hitler sized stuff here. Im talking about your religious warrior struggler whatever you call ems. Theyre normal people who are doing what they are doing because they believe their religion wants them to do it.

Im sure you ganna come back with something you thinks relevant SAM.. completely ignoring my points. Or.. you may actually shock the word and respond straight. Im not following your dementia or your red herrings. Ill wait for more opinions from other people ta.

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Stalin,_Mao_Zedong_and_Pol_Pot

Interesting points..

While it is true that Joseph Stalin (1879-1953), Mao Zedong (1893-1976) and Pol Pot (1925-1998) were all atheists, this is not the only thing they have in common. They were also men, political leaders and communists. Merely citing common denominators does not establish the cause of their actions. It is important to consider what was the main driving force in their committing atrocities against their own people.
One could make a valid claim that since Stalin attended a Russian orthodox seminary (from 1894 to 1899) as a teenager in Tiflis, the dogmatic black or white outlook of the world influenced his subsequent actions. As the historian Alan Bullock in his book Hitler and Stalin: Parallel Lives (1991) explained:

Continued at the link.

Ah so they were not REAL athiests? :p
of course not,
real atheists love their fellow humans

http://www.atheists.org/Atheism/

An Atheist loves his fellow man instead of god. An Atheist believes that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth for all men together to enjoy.

An Atheist believes that he can get no help through prayer but that he must find in himself the inner conviction, and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and enjoy it.

An Atheist believes that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help to a life of fulfillment.

He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanquished, war eliminated. He wants man to understand and love man.

He wants an ethical way of life. He believes that we cannot rely on a god or channel action into prayer nor hope for an end of troubles in a hereafter.

He believes that we are our brother's keepers; and are keepers of our own lives; that we are responsible persons and the job is here and the time is now.”

No kidding! I wondered why there was an aura of warmth, tolerance and kindness over the Religion forum.

Mod Note: these posts were moved from another thread that was hijacked. I'm happy to remove 'fallacy' from the title if the OP successfully demonstrates these figures killed because or for atheism.

Why bother? The fact that stated atheists killed more people should be sufficient refutation of the fact that wizards hypothesis is bull. Its called falsification of the null hypothesis in the scientific method. The onus is on wizard to provide an evidence of causality in his claims

Still, data mining is a good way to prove a hypothesis. So have at it.

edit: and leave the "fallacy" in, it will attract more readers. :p

There was nothing wrong with their atheism. They just shouldn't have killed so many people.

Back