the sexual life of Jesus and God

What is your opinion on the sexual lives of Jesus and God?

• God had sex, Jesus had sex

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • God masturbated, Jesus had sex

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • God masturbated, Jesus masturbated

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • God had sex, Jesus masturbated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesus was homosexual, God masturbated

• Jesus was homosexual, God had sex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God has never done anything of the sort, Jesus has

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Neither Jesus nor God have ever done anything of the sort

• Total voters
you're still weird hippo

In a basic sense, sex without love is immoral..
who said Yeshua didn't love? maybe he had even had a wife, but she died, he got depressed and started preaching. Besides there's Maria Magdalena. He was just a human not a god hippo and humans have sex.
for a good Jewish boy, who abided by his belief system
where in the hell doesn that is stated in jewism that sex is bad? And Yeshua himself said smth like "live good and multiply".
Sexual relations with someone you truly love and respect and want to love and have sex with in a mutual life long attempt to unite with one another is a beautiful thing.
The sex that is on your mind is unnatural.
1st you are wrond. animals doen't have to love to have sex :bugeye: 2.nd 0- why do you think Yeshua was in the same thoughts as you. You don't know , you only assume on you want to believe in a Yeshua that is beneficial to you.
Just because it was funny, does not make it a good reflection on the goodness of the Man you denigrate.
I'm talking about christianity here in general, not Yeshua that was barely mentioned there. And it was a good movie. My christian friend I gave it to, didn't like it:p I said it was a good christian movie, before giving it to him:D
Look and Listen with your hearts and learn.
my first thought was- I won't go into this. Too much experience already. but then- what the heck.

heart is just a blood pumping organ. You learn with your mind. Mind that is logical and rational has most chances of success.

oh and just for my personal interest. Why do I have to love Yeshua. I respect him as a phylosopher, yes. But why to love a man that has died 2000+ years ago and whos phylosoph in places is quite utopic. I better love Nietzsche then, his phylosophy is closer to me. But I still say that you don't love dead people and I'm straight, so loving Yeshua would have been a sin by your laws;)

Hippo isn't weird

Originally posted by Avatar
heart is just a blood pumping organ. You learn with your mind. Mind that is logical and rational has most chances of success.

I can tell that hippo is an intelligent person, you very well knew what he meant by stating that Avatar.

sorry:D
it's my standart answer when smone asks me to believe with my heart.
I undertand the concept , but find it unlogical and idiotic.
believing with your heart is a belief based on emotional state. It supports no evidence no nothing. Just a game of our mind. while it's quite interesting it is not rational to use heart based beliefs.

chhers,
/Avatar/

Many would agree

Avatar..you must be young then. Your heart has never been broken by betrayal or lifted up in joy when you see a mother and child happy hugging each other or your heart in your throat in nervousness on a first date. Maybe you truly are a Nietchzean superman.
who said Yeshua didn't love? maybe he had even had a wife, but she died, he got depressed and started preaching. Besides there's Maria Magdalena. He was just a human not a god hippo and humans have sex.
Centuries of tradition say Jesus loved but did not mate..that he encouraged an enlightened intellect and heart that far surpasses the amoral animal world. Notice I said amoral, not immoral, smarty pants. Even if he was not a God...there is no requirement that he have sex. Many humans can do without. It is not a requirement of living.
where in the hell doesn that is stated in jewism that sex is bad? And Yeshua himself said smth like "live good and multiply".
Did I say sex was bad? No, that must be your own shame creeping in...go read your Nietschze to suppress your conscience a little more...your morals are showing. A Rabbi could help you understand Judaism and its sexual mores. Basically for 2000 year ago Judiasm, sex in marriage good, outside bad. There were plenty of hypocrites as in every era, I am sure, but you can look up the history yourself.
animals doen't have to love to have sex
Ah, but we are way beyond the animals. We know the difference between right and wrong. Humans are in the realm of Love. Animals are not.
why do you think Yeshua was in the same thoughts as you. You don't know , you only assume on you want to believe in a Yeshua that is beneficial to you.
If the records state that your mother was a good woman who cared for you [I hope she did] and you said this was true, I would trust that the records and your witness would be true. If I started making up stories that involved her in degenerate sexuality, then I would be a pathetic fool that is not basing my words on anything but my own dementia.
oh and just for my personal interest. Why do I have to love Yeshua. I respect him as a phylosopher, yes. But why to love a man that has died 2000+ years ago and whos phylosoph in places is quite utopic. I better love Nietzsche then, his phylosophy is closer to me. But I still say that you don't love dead people and I'm straight, so loving Yeshua would have been a sin by your laws
Love the lovable, ultimately Love will guide you. If you find Nietchze's nihilism, words and personality lovable, then more power to you. Nazism loved Nietchze to its logical conclusion. I hope you do not follow the same path.
Sorry...I do not understand your English on loving dead people, being straight and sin laws.

Read Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning as an antidote to your nihilism. His other books expounding his theories are intriguing as well. Be good and keep it in your pants...you can be like the angels in intellect or wallow in your mucked up neurons like the pigs...you are free to choose.:)

Last edited:
don't view god as a person, view him as an entity. as an unexplainable energy, then jesus as a human that harnessed all that was good of the energy of god.

Then jesus is a human that carries the word of god. but he is still human and prone to all teh animalistic characteristics of human nature, like doing the nasty.

and mary magdelene was his hottie.

Maybe you truly are a Nietchzean superman
you bet ya:D
Centuries of tradition say Jesus loved but did not mate..that he encouraged an enlightened intellect and heart that far surpasses the amoral animal world. Notice I said amoral, not immoral, smarty pants. Even if he was not a God...there is no requirement that he have sex. Many humans can do without. It is not a requirement of living.
recent news stories tell that those who claim not to have sex molest children;)
Ah, but we are way beyond the animals. We know the difference between right and wrong. Humans are in the realm of Love. Animals are not
that is your problem. we are a part of nature. not beyond it. and in the universal scale there is no difference you are a human or a fish.
humans don't know the difference between good and bad. it changes over time- the preception of what is good and bad. in bible times it was good for god to do mass genocides. For every human there is another good and bad. They are relative. While I'd have no problem with having sex on the curches altar, I suspect that you would say it's a bad thing.
Sorry...I do not understand your English on loving dead people, being straight and sin laws
on loving dead people- how can you truly love Yeshua (as your girlfriend- strong love I mean) if you have never met him nor talked to him.
being straight means - non gay (homosexualist)

love Yeshua if you are a man means- homosexualism. in the bible god kills homosexuals. thus being homosexual is a sin. sin is a law stated (supposedly) by your god

Last edited:
Originally posted by Avatar
that is your problem. we are a part of nature. not beyond it. and in the universal scale there is no difference you are a human or a fish.
humans don't know the difference between good and bad. it changes over time- the preception of what is good and bad. in bible times it was good for good to do mass genocides. For every human there is another good and bad. They are relative. While I'd have no problem with having sex on the curches altar, I suspect that you would say it's a bad thing.

I agree to the extent that i think the sacred texts of the world were the first dotrines to help us know what was right and wrong THEN. and now things have changed.

We are animals, animals with the ability to form society based on rules of right and wrong and those rules are flexable as much as the society allowes them to be based on how open or closed minded the culture.

Last edited:
weak

recent news stories tell that those who claim not to have sex molest children
Ah, but there is either evidence for or against the claims. The weight of evidence is that Jesus remained celibate.
we are a part of nature. not beyond it. and in the universal scale there is no difference you are a human or a fish.
We are siblings to nature, but if you cannot tell the difference between a man and a fish, then I never want to eat dinner at your house. No fish will risk his life to save a human, many environmentalists will risktheir lives to save a fish. Why the difference? Because we are endowed with something beyond the animal world.
in bible times it was good for god to do mass genocides
Re-read [or for you probably read it for the first time, the Old Testament. The Bible does not shy away from honest dispalay of the ravages of humanity in the name of God and God's attempt to re-awaken and free humanity from slavery to degradation.
While I'd have no problem with having sex on the curches altar, I suspect that you would say it's a bad thing.
The most wrong thing about it is your weak attempt at attention. I think it is wrong to have sex on the food preparation table at a restaraunt...very unsanitary AND rightfully illegal in most countries.
on loving dead people- how can you truly love Yeshua (as your girlfriend- strong love I mean) if you have never met him nor talked to him.
As your girlfriend? This is a strange elaboration. I love the writings of many people...if I become very intrigued, I read their essays and biographies and auto-biographies. Some of these authors I love, because they are lovable people and I grow to know them through their own words. Religious figures parallel this, but go beyond in most religions, but this is beyond your grasp. Get on your knees in private and pray for Wisdom to enlighten your intellect. It may help your complexion, too...hee hee.
If I am a man and I love my brother, I am not a homo and if I am a woman and I love my sister I am not a homo. If you can only think with your genitalia, then you are lower than the animals.
rules are flexable as much as the society allowes them to be based on how open or closed minded the culture.
Any society which allowed with full consent its children to be raped should be destroyed or at least restrained. Why? Because we are beyond the animals and there are some absolute lines which go beyond Utilitarian or societal freedoms. If you disagree with this, then you are poor examples of human beings. Hows that for an ad hominem.

The weight of evidence is that Jesus remained celibate.
there is no evidence, only a few lines in some book that was rewritten and edited countless times. Besides in the bible there is no mention of Yeshuas life between ~15 and 26 years.
We are siblings to nature, but if you cannot tell the difference between a man and a fish, then I never want to eat dinner at your house.
We are no siblings. We are nature. We are a part of it. And there is no difference between a man and a fish from your God's point of view -"we all are children of god";) From my perspective there is a difference, but from a universal perspective for now there isn't. Maybe we are only more perspective than fish.
Because we are endowed with something beyond the animal world.
We are animals. We are not beyond. Our instincts show the animal in us. We react like animals when our instincts take control of us. The main trigger for them is fear.
Re-read [or for you probably read it for the first time, the Old Testament. The Bible does not shy away from honest dispalay of the ravages of humanity in the name of God and God's attempt to re-awaken and free humanity from slavery to degradation.
I have read the bible, thank you. "re-awaken and free humanity from slavery to degradation"??? by killing all the humanity??? ROFL LMAO. you must be joking.
The most wrong thing about it is your weak attempt at attention.
there is no attempt here. I was just showing what wpuld make me no problem (in the night o course) and what I wouldn't consider bad and what you'd consider as a sin.
I love the writings of many people...if I become very intrigued, I read their essays and biographies and auto-biographies. Some of these authors I love, because they are lovable people and I grow to know them through their own words. Religious figures parallel this, but go beyond in most religions, but this is beyond your grasp. Get on your knees in private and pray for Wisdom to enlighten your intellect. It may help your complexion, too...hee hee.
you don't love writers , dead people, phylosophers. you can respect and honour them. not love.
of course if you're normal.
Any society which allowed with full consent its children to be raped should be destroyed or at least restrained. Why? Because we are beyond the animals and there are some absolute lines which go beyond Utilitarian or societal freedoms. If you disagree with this, then you are poor examples of human beings. Hows that for an ad hominem.
you are right. then why does god not kill almost all the catholic priests. they molest young children.

it's not constructive to talk with you- locked in your ancient artificial bible world.
there can be no god with a personality, with morals. so for christians - there is no god. for me- I don't care if there is.

are/ are not

there is no evidence, only a few lines in some book that was rewritten and edited countless times. Besides in the bible there is no mention of Yeshuas life between ~15 and 26 years.
Argument of necessity by lack of evidence is vacuous. I have no evidence that you have any education, but the fact that most children between the ages of 15 and 26 in the Western World attend schools as a cultural norm, is evidence enough for me that you are probably educated. Add on top of that that you can form cohesive sentences and there is the bonus proof. If there is no evidence for or against the actions of someone, you can only go by the norms of the society as a statistical guess. Since the norms of Jewish culture 200 years ago was celibate or married sex as the 'correct' conduct, then purely from a probability approach, we can say he was celibate.
We are no siblings. We are nature. We are a part of it. And there is no difference between a man and a fish from your God's point of view -"we all are children of god"
As an analogy, Saint Francis used the sibling terminology, but this does not diminish the otherness which we possess, we are of nature and beyond nature at the same time. My body may be 'Brother Ass' as Francis said, but my spirit is closer to angelic intellect. Both natures are fused together in the human. What other creature, for good or bad, creates Art, Architecture, Law, experiences Love, Joy, Sorrow, has the capacity to laugh and comprehend humor, or post to forums and debate topics. Animals can eat their own young and we cannot say they are being evil; An human eats their own young and we can say this is evil. We are called to a higher standard: We have eaten from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. There is Right and Wrong for Humans but NOT for all other animals.
We react like animals when our instincts take control of us.
And, yet, we can overcome and control our instincts. Bravery is the human overcoming of fear. Charity is the Human overcoming of selfishness. We can be weak and behave like animals or we can be strong and rise to our human potential.
I have read the bible, thank you. "re-awaken and free humanity from slavery to degradation"??? by killing all the humanity??? ROFL LMAO. you must be joking.
The old testament not only lists wars and slaughter, it also covers the evils of the Jewish leaders and many times condemns them with greater vigor than the Gentiles. You read the Old Testament with an eye to showing God said slaughter the innocent. There is much more to it than that. On a purely historical level, the OT Jews behaved in a manner that would raise no eyebrows, militarily, in the concurrent societies or civilizations. The possibility that God might choose one war-like people over another seems to shock you. It must be your animal instinct of fear that the idea of a God involved in history might be more than you can comprehend.
I was just showing what would make me no problem (in the night o course) and what I wouldn't consider bad and what you'd consider as a sin.
So you do not think it wrong to insult other peoples mores on their property? Maybe your neighbor sees nothing sinful in defecation[which no person should] and so they go defecate on your kitchen floor in the night? There is, as Inspector Clouseau said, 'A time and a place for everything.'
you don't love writers , dead people, phylosophers. you can respect and honour them. not love. of course if you're normal.
If you mean sex, everytime you type love, then of course not. I do say that I dearly love some authors and you cannot demand that another conform to your religion of 'not loving a dead person.' Perhaps you do not have any favorite authors you feel a love for. Not even Sartre? Ultimately, there is some valuable truth in what you say. A Dead God is meaningless, but a God who became born like all of us and was murdered, though innocent and came back from the dead! Now there is a God to be impressed by! A God of teh living, of Abraham, Issaac and Jacob. A Trinity of Life. I think I agree on that level. The dead are not as lovable as the living, so I will love the Living God. Thanks for the insight.
ou are right. then why does god not kill almost all the catholic priests. they molest young children.
A very small percentage of priest molest children. Personally, I believe those priests who are found guilty should be killed.
it's not constructive to talk with you- locked in your ancient artificial bible world. there can be no god with a personality, with morals. so for christians - there is no god. for me- I don't care if there is.
You do not see it as constructive, because you hate the idea that there may be some truth. My guess is that you were raised with a religion, but rejected it due evil actions by a person who claimed they were religious or you decided to do something your religion says not to, so you reject all God-stuff.
Ancient and artificial? Is it artificial to say that you should love your neighbor as yourself? Is it artificial to say Do not kill, or Do not Steal? There is a lot more 'realness' in these directives that protect humans from each other's ability to do wrong and give a framework for mutual demands, than your 'animals and humans are the same' philosophy. This animal/human synchretism has no value or worth. I suggest you work out a life plan based on this philosophy and perhaps you can convince people of your true faith. You would have more of an argument if you respected the 'good' parts of the bible, instead you invalidate your stance through what seems to be a hatred of the idea that there is right behavior and wrong behavior.

Why can their be no god with a personality? Is this what you are most afraid of?
Ultimately, the intensity of your rejection is commendable, but I suggest that if you are not going to accept that a faith, such as Catholicism, embodies a revelation, then study up on Sartre...he at least demanded of the athiest that a moral framework be developed for a consistent life and action.

God loves you, whether you believe in Him or not, whether you reject Him or not, whether you hate Him or not. This will never change. The most you can do is attempt to run and hide through behavior and evasions of intellect. There is nothing you can do to eradicate the Love and its pursuit of the Beloved. I may have spoken of dreams as being the potential ground of the battle field for your heart, but it may very well be in the interactions you have each day. Graces aplenty abound to everyone. Do good, be honest and care for others. Cultivate love for yourself and humanity and you will shine like the stars. Hate and hedonism will diminish your inner light and you will fade from relevance. God forbid you will be left with only a Sciforums thread to publicly ply your words.
By the way, are you Italian, perchance? ...if so, buon giorno & ciao and quit hanging around the bar with Mussolini's picture in it.

Last edited:
Argument of necessity by lack of evidence is vacuous. I have no evidence that you have any education, but the fact that most children between the ages of 15 and 26 in the Western World attend schools as a cultural norm, is evidence enough for me that you are probably educated. Add on top of that that you can form cohesive sentences and there is the bonus proof. If there is no evidence for or against the actions of someone, you can only go by the norms of the society as a statistical guess.
first- having an education 2000 years ago was not widespread.
second- thinking that a man hasn't had sex in his 20s has never been widespread.
. What other creature, for good or bad, creates Art, architecture, law, experiences Love, Joy, Sorrow, has the capacity to laugh and comprehend humor, or post to forums and debate topics
For instance, ants have a highly organised society. I have a dog and I can see when he's happy or sad. He even laughs (of course not like humans in voice, but I know the expression of the face). And he loves. Why else is he so happy to see me whenever I'm longer than a day away and how I've been told that he awayts me by the door .
Animals can eat their own young
Many mothers , especially in the third world countries kill their youngsters. And not all animals kill their children. Not all human mothers do so.
[QUOTE}There is Right and Wrong for Humans but NOT for all other animals.[/QUOTE]
have you ever been in some anials brain, you can tell for sure. maybe they have different morals. you do not know.
. Bravery is the human overcoming of fear
tell that to a bear mother protecting her children against a human. And not all humans are brave. A very little few, and maybe that would lead to their death and that means to be stupid.
So you do not think it wrong to insult other peoples mores on their property? Maybe your neighbor sees nothing sinful in defecation and they can go defecate on your kitchen floor in the night?
ok I'll build a church myself, hire a priest even and in nights make orgies in it. happy now.
(only theoretically)
s. Perhaps you do not have any favorite authors you feel a love for
I have many, but I "love" (as you say) the books, the words, not the authors.
I believe those who are found guilty should be killed.
I don't think your god agrees with it.
You do not see it as constructive, because you hate the idea that there may be some truth.
oh no , there is one truth-> The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth. Every truth is relative.
My guess is that you were raised with a religion, but rejected it due evil actions by a person who claimed they were religious or you decided to do something your religion says not to, so you reject all God-stuff.
you are wrong here. I even learned in a christian school for 4 years when I was little. I learned a lot about christianity then. And that what I learned made me laugh at the people who believed in such propostrorous ideas. I've never been easy to manipulate.
Is it artificial to say Do not kill, or Do not Steal?
that has alsmost nothing to do with christianity. Many cultures who had even never heeard about christianity had the same rules. Your mentioned are also taken from the old jewish (or was it roman?) law codex.
And there are more laughable and "bad" parts in the bible than "good" ones.

about your god- I don't believe in such a being, it in no way afects my life. so whatever. and besides Jumis and Perkons and Mara love me as much as your god, maybe even more, because they are gods of our culture.
There is nothing you can do to eradicate the Love and its pursuit of the beloved.
to answer this claim for a christian to understand I can say- I can kill the god in my "heart". Dead entities don't love.
And no , I'm not Italian. I'm Latvian.

more and more

second- thinking that a man hasn't had sex in his 20s has never been widespread
And your proof is? There have been plenty of cultures and religions that promoted and some enforced sexual mores. So your desire that it is not true does not make it true. Sex is not a necessary action. Now if you said that in general men in their 20's think about sex, then I would agree. The idea of education was a parallel thought, not one intended to illustrate 2000 year old educational practices.
For instance, ants have a highly organised society. I have a dog and I can see when he's happy or sad. He even laughs (of course not like humans in voice, but I know the expression of the face). And he loves. Why else is he so happy to see me whenever I'm longer than a day away and how I've been told that he awayts me by the door.
Did the ants have a Medieval period, Romanesque, Baroque, Art Deco? No, they are locked in an eternal style which will never develop into special styles of minimilism or grandeur. Creativity and Innovation is not in their nature or nature, for that manner. The distance between you and your dog is like the difference between you and God. As a lover of Dogs I know exactly what you mean, but I also believe a bit of human nature is granted to a Dog by its proximity to its owner. There is a difference between a happy dog and a happy human. I am glad you are a dog lover, this is a sign of a good person.
Many mothers , especially in the third world countries kill their youngsters.
And we call this action evil...rightfully so. Animals are not guilty of moral right and wrongs. In pack animals, they either abide by their place in the pack, fight for higher level or flee. They can steal, kill, mate indiscriminately,e tc., but there is no consequence other than the competition of others...no prohibition againt 'immoral' behavior.
tell that to a bear mother protecting her children against a human. And not all humans are brave. A very little few, and maybe that would lead to their death and that means to be stupid.
But very few Bears would protect the cubs of another bear, especially a bear of a different breed. Some animals as herds mutually protect each other's young, but not those of another herd. Humans have the special affinity for a courage that does not make 'animal' sense, when someone saves a stranger and risks their own life this is a uniquely human ability. Yes, few can be this heroic, but it is a distinctly human trait.
ok I'll build a church myself, hire a priest even and in nights make orgies in it. happy now.(only theoretically)
Happy, yes, but this is irrelevant to the argument: At least you are respectful enough to not violate other peoples sanctuaries.;)
I don't think your god agrees with it.
There has never been a prohibition against executing the guilty.
oh no , there is one truth-> The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth. Every truth is relative.
So it is sometimes OK to rape children?
I even learned in a christian school for 4 years when I was little. I learned a lot about christianity then. And that what I learned made me laugh at the people who believed in such propostrorous ideas. I've never been easy to manipulate.
Then I am partially correct. Your parents put you in a religious school. They wer either religious or believed that religious school would be good for you. You rejected it.
that has alsmost nothing to do with christianity. Many cultures who had even never heeard about christianity had the same rules. Your mentioned are also taken from the old jewish (or was it roman?) law codex. And there are more laughable and "bad" parts in the bible than "good" ones.
You are partially correct. Some cultures created laws and codex as cultural goods to protect the current rulers; few were intended for the lowest classes of people or non-members of the society. The directives in the OT were considered divinely instituted and not to be violated and acted both as self-restraints and directives of what other people could not act out upon the individual. Christ emphasized that these rules applied to all peoples of every level of society. What you call laughable and bad are reflections of your understanding of certain parts of the Bible and therefore, what you reject. If everything is relative then what you call laughable may be correct and what you consider bad, may mean more than you understand. If everything is relative, then you cannot assign qualities of correct or incorrect to any part of the bible. Your own standards as defined mean that you need to constantly re-evaluate whether each part of the bible is right or wrong. Your opinions become self-meaningless.
about your god- I don't believe in such a being, it in no way afects my life. so whatever. and besides Jumis and Perkons and Mara love me as much as your god, maybe even more, because they are gods of our culture.
And I contend that the creator above all is the seat of all goodness and life. Interesting that you use a narrow cultural Trinity. This is a good start. A god of sky, fertility and protection may ultimately point you in the right direction if you realize that the narrow cultural myth mirrors a greater Truth. The human pursuit of these gods, though, may also wallow you in human weakness and devilry, if you wallow in the hedonistic celebration. I imagine if you look in your history, there is yet a higher, proto-god figure which is barely visible through the smoke of history and once again you have an ancient memory that we once enjoyed the company of a Living God. Latvia is a beautiful country, by the way, with a fantastic mythology and folklore. You are lucky to be Latvian. Everyone should look it up.
If you look into to answer this claim for a christian to understand I can say- I can kill the god in my "heart".
Very good, you do remember some of your Sunday Catechism. But, why would you want to crucify the good in your heart? IS this the desire of Jumis and Perkons and Mara, that you kill the seat of conscience? Regarding sexuality, if you worship Jumis and fertility, then non-fertile sex would be a sin in the eyes of your Latvian god.
Dead entities don't love.
This is why a living God is the best choice.
May your path be blessed with pearls of wisdom and the sun never set while you are on the road.

Last edited:
Did the ants have a Medieval period, Romanesque, Baroque, Art Deco?
noone has actually studied ants for such a long time. we don't know.
The distance between you and your dog is like the difference between you and God.
actually I talk to him as if he was my brother. I even sometimes call him "brother". I'm not a god, I'm a friend.
I am glad you are a dog lover, this is a sign of a good person.
whatever
They can steal, kill, mate indiscriminately,e tc., but there is no consequence other than the competition of others.umans have the special affinity for a courage that does not make 'animal' sense, when someone saves a stranger and risks their own life. Yes, few can be this heroic, but it is a distinctly human trait.
Humans also steall, kill . Many do that with no self consciousness. Arab suiciders for instance. And humans have killed more humans than any other animal has killed of their own kind.
about saving and bravery, since you know dogs- there are dogs that save sinking people. they risk their life also for people they don't know.
So it is sometimes OK to rape children?
according to your god it is acceptable to sometimes kill children.
Your parents put you in a religious school. They wer either religious or believed that religious school would be good for you. You rejected it.
actually no. They were in great debt before the director of that school. as a sign of respect they sent me to that school. she sort of saved my and my mothers life when black-berrets were after us in 1991. I did reject the possibility of christians being right. But with a good deal of evidence I got in the very same school. reading the very same bible.
If everything is relative, then you cannot assign these qualities to any part of the bible. They become meaningless.
as you saw, but I think didn't notice I put good and bad in " ".
And I contend that the creator above all is the seat of all goodness and life. Interesting that you use a narrow cultural Trinity. This is a good start. A god of sky, fertility and protection may ultimately point you in the right direction if you realize that the narrow cultural myth mirrors a greater Truth. The human pursuit of these gods, though, may also wallow you in human weakness and devilry, if you wallow in the hedonistic celebration. I imagine if you look in your history, there is yet a higher, prot-god figure which is barely visible through the smoke of history and once again you have an ancient memory that we once enjoyed the company of a Living God. Latvia is a beautiful country, by the way, with a fantastic mythology and folklore. You are lucky to be Latvian. Everyone should look it up.
I don't use trinity. There are many gods , I mentioned only the first three that came to my mind. there are also Usins, Laima, Dievs, Dekla, Tekla, Saule, Zalktis.. maybe some more, but they are disputed to be spirits or gods. I've actually studied our mythology as much as christianity, maybe even more. christians have done a lot of harm to my ancestors.Thank you, you like my coutry, but those who like it too much usually try to invade or invade it;) :mad: very strategical geographical position.
Very good, you do remember some of your Sunday Catechism. But, why would you want to crucify the good in your heart? IS this the desire of Jumis and Perkons and Mara, that you kill the seat of conscience? Regarding sexuality, if you worship tehJumis and fertility, then non-fertile sex would be a sin in the eys of your Latvian god.
I didn't say I believed in those deities. After a long study I have found that they are more like a moral personification. A message. A time capsule of how our culture was in those times and how it should be at the present times. Our gods and evil spirits have their own society. Devil (Velns) for instance is not bad. He is very naive and a witty person can always outsmart him. He does not bad because he likes to cause misery, he simply is that way. Later devil was personificated with german lords who came here.
I have a very deep respect for our culture and ou ancient customs, but I don't sacriface to the gods.
In fact our gods vere not supposed to worship. They were more like daily companions a part of nature as much as humans are a part of it. Maybe they only were more powerful. I don't want to kill anybody, there is simply no god there. They weren't violent as jewish god is. If someone did something bad or wrong then it was only his matter. In our folklore it is often tht such a person may need help smtime afterwards and then Mara or Dievs could tell- but what were you thinking when..... They teach not kill for mistakes.
And if there even was a god, I would feel equal and not worse than him and I can't say that I would accept his authoroty.
May your path be blessed with pearls of wisdom and the sun never set while you are on the road
actually I love nights. they are magical. Spend a nite in a pine forest by the sea. Nothing can be more beautiful.

cheers and good luck

hmmm

noone has actually studied ants for such a long time. we don't know.
Gee, maybe somewhere on earth there is a cathedral in the Gothic style to a queen of ants and we have just never discovered it. :D
Humans also steall, kill . Many do that with no self consciousness. Arab suiciders for instance. And humans have killed more humans than any other animal has killed of their own kind.
about saving and bravery, since you know dogs- there are dogs that save sinking people. they risk their life also for people they don't know
And what do we say of theives and murderers? That they have committed an evil act. If you are going to use lack of numbers argument, then I will, too. Animals have been on earth longer than humans, no? There are plenty of animal killing within species that far surpasses human killing. But a billion bears killed by other bears is not immoral, whereas the murder of one human being is a horrendously evil act of immorality. Yes, there are fantastic stories of animals saving humans, especially dogs. But notice, it is dogs not wolves. The dogs have been 'humanized' so to speak. I believe this is an unstudied arena that will rewards the studier
according to your god it is acceptable to sometimes kill children.
Relate to me your specific passages and I will explain them to you.
actually no. They were in great debt before the director of that school. as a sign of respect they sent me to that school. she sort of saved my and my mothers life when black-berrets were after us in 1991. I did reject the possibility of christians being right. But with a good deal of evidence I got in the very same school. reading the very same bible.
What were the black-berets? I apologize...I am very ignorant of Latvian history. I am glad at least that the school[?] abided by their beliefs and took you in.
christians have done a lot of harm to my ancestors.
Again, I do not know the history...but I know that many people who claimed to be Christians were worse than the pagans they claimed to be enlightening. The abuses performed by Christians deserve to be condemned and discussed.
I didn't say I believed in those deities. After a long study I have found that they are more like a moral personification. A message. A time capsule of how our culture was in those times and how it should be at the present times. Our gods and evil spirits have their own society. Devil (Velns) for instance is not bad. He is very naive and a witty person can always outsmart him. He does not bad because he likes to cause misery, he simply is that way. Later devil was personificated with german lords who came here.
The idea of gods being a moral personification is a very good insight. Perhaps, you will continue your studies in the mythologies of the region, as did Tolkein?
And if there even was a god, I would feel equal and not worse than him and I can't say that I would accept his authoroty.
If your concept of God was broadened perhaps you would reconsider. The negative aspect of a relationship to a Supreme God is like a poor man to a powerful king. The king has the power of life and death over the man. The life of the man and his place in life are at the mercy of the king. This is more of the Old Testament view, though there are hints that this God is more than just a Tyrant. The positive aspect of a Supreme God, is that of a one who descends secretly into the world and becomes subject to His own creation and learns what it is like to live as one of His creations and to suffer and die then destroy the separation between the Creator and Created. This is a God who says, 'you are as my equal...a brother.' If you and He agreed on issues of morality, you would never be subject to any authority...you would be living within the moral framework.
actually I love nights. they are magical. Spend a nite in a pine forest by the sea. Nothing can be more beautiful.
On this we are in complete agreement.
Perhaps, if you study the bible first as history and set aside your antagonism. Then study it as myth or allegory. Then study it as literature. Whether you like the Bible or not, it is one of the most amazing collections of writings that the world has ever known. You may be able to apply your analytical abilities towards it in a productive manner. I may not agree with your analysis, but your criticisms would be on solid ground.
My sense is that your antagonism is heavily weighted towards your desire to remain unrestrained sexually. If you are truly young, then please at least think through your interactions and do not use people. Love, not sex, is at the root of right behavior. Pursue Love and Wisdom and you will flourish. And please, at least consider giving respect for the good representatives of religion and the doctrines that point to goodness.
Thanks to you I may begin studying the mythologies of your country.

Cheers to you as well,
hippo

Why do you think that a gothic style cathedral would be of any use to ants? They have different style. And their constructions are quite amazing and creative.

about the child killings- check the book of Job, where God orders Satan to kill his children and family by wrecking their house unto them. I do not remember the exact place, but you should know.

What were the black-berets? I apologize...I am very ignorant of Latvian history. I am glad at least that the school[?] abided by their beliefs and took you in.
not the school bu the directress of the school:D (she hid me in one house in the country). But I don't feel in a great debt before her, because my life has been two more times been at such a high risk. I think I got used to it. Black-Berrets are what Latvians call the Russian Special Police (OMON), because they wear all black uniforms and black berrets; they were the main attack force in 1990-1991, when we fought forindependence from SSSR. My father was quite into it and thus I was at danger also. Later he got his hands on the order that ordered me- our family to be deported to the far north. T'was ironic reading it after, but I don't think I would have grinned about it in 1991.
Again, I do not know the history...but I know that many people who claimed to be Christians were worse than the pagans they claimed to be enlightening. The abuses performed by Christians deserve to be condemned and discussed
I won't start a history lesson now, it would take too long, but just one case. In between of 1201-1205 German bishop Albert invited all local balt leaders for a peace party. Needless to say, that they all were captured and tortured till they each gave Albert one of their sons and a lot from their property. Smart move- those sons were sent to germany, educated there, brainwashed to be fanatic christians and when returned were devoted servants to the germans and helped in the wars against their own people. That was not very nice. There are a lot of cases. If you want to know some particular info , ask me, I know our history very good, my favourite subject at school. (I'm 18,5 btw).
Perhaps, you will continue your studies in the mythologies of the region, as did Tolkein?
I had devoted a whole one year to study mythologies of different world cultures. The most close to me were of course Latvian, then Scandinavian, then Greek. Egyptian is very interesting and fascinating, but hard to undertand, it was a whole lot different culture.
If your concept of God was broadened perhaps you would reconsider.
I have already made my conclusions regarding to god. I can say with an almost infinite probability that a god/s doesn't exist, but if it/they do, then I want to have nothing to do with it/them. Besides ,. every religion on earth thinks that their truth is the real one. So many thruths, so many cultures. To think that one jewish tribe is the right one and olds the ultimate answers about our universe is foolish and redicilous to think.
Perhaps, if you study the bible first as history and set aside your antagonism
Actually I did exactly that, but many places I found very questionable, in others I saw that christians misinterpreted them or magnificated them. For example- it is clearly seen that what those people saw in the desert was not a god, but a mechanical device- i.e. aircraft. It has all the properties. And by Ecikels' (sp) description of the "god" which he didn't claim to be a god but interpreters thought of tht like tht, one US NASA scientist even received a patent for a special kind of a wheel that can go in all dirrections. Does your god needs wheels to move around>?
Whether you like the Bible or not, it is one of the most amazing collections of writings that the world has ever known.
Actually I find Indian vedas as much interesting if not more and bonus to that they have not changed over time, they are older for some thousands of years than the bible
Love? I've yet to find a truly worthy other side. Those who I have met for a few days, months at the end (with the help of my deep analysis:p I couldn't help it) showed up too - how to say best - "unaware". but not in the religious aspect. Unaware of our history, unaware of science, phylosophy ... didn't even ask to know smth about computers (I'm a nerd/designer myself). Sure they were nice girls, but nice is not the answer. I need a more deep person.
And please, at least consider giving respect for the good representatives of religion and the doctrines that point to goodness
I give respect. Did I ever said you're an foolish idiot on one level of the evolution with homo eructus? No, and I have never thought like that. But n-thing can persuade me that I can't try to prove smth to others, that seems so logical for me. It's called discussion not a disrespect. But to be true, I really have more respect for local heathens and buddhists than christians. And I have a good reason for that.
If you really want to study the mythologies of our country (to which I'm smhow doubtful) you'll have some difficulties in finding good and obective information on-net. If you have any questions you are very welcome to ask me. I know a lot and I have a lot of literature, which you won't find on-net.
cheers,
/Avatar/

more

Why do you think that a gothic style cathedral would be of any use to ants? They have different style. And their constructions are quite amazing and creative.
Exactly...what use is a Gothic cathedral to humans? Humans can create art for art's sake. Humans have an endless ability to change styles based on politics, religion or pure whimsy. Ants may make amazing structures, but they are locked in a fatalistic sameness. Different species of ants may create different types of structures, but they are repeated, endlessly, without any variation other than environmental constraints and obstacles.
about the child killings- check the book of Job, where God orders Satan to kill his children and family by wrecking their house unto them.
In the Book of Job, we have one of the first existential philosophies in history. Job as a God-fearing man is hated by the Devil. The Devil says he can prove that Job will curse teh name of God if only he is allowed to take away everything that Job has...property, prestige, family, power. God says he knows Job will remain firm and allows the Devil to destroy Job's life. It is amazing that a religion, Judiasm, would include in its sacred writings the exact critique of the idea of a God which many haters of Judeo-Christian religion claim as proof there is no God. But from a non-believers standpoint, what is the difference between saying, the wheel of Fortune is fickle. 'Fortune may have lifted me up, but now I am thrown on the shit-pile of life?' In the book of Job, God is seen as the all-powerful who restrains or permits events in histroy, both to cultures and individuals. The core point is the many dialogues on what consitutes our duties to an all-powerful God which is the root of all life and trying to understand why bad things can happen to a good man. If you read the book of Job again, you may be amazed at the points it IS trying to make. Since you do not believe in the God, read it from the eyes of a man who is trying to understand why bad things happen to good people and see what you think.

Have you ever thought of writing down our family's eyewitness accounts and researching more of the Black-berets workings in Latvia? I tink it is important. I do not know of anyone in my life who has any idea of what your country suffered through.

won't start a history lesson now, it would take too long, but just one case.
I do not doubt that there have been horrible abuses by politically-minded religious leaders. The history of the Catholic church is riddled with hypocrites and power mongers and corruption. My contention is that the hypocrites do not invalidate the doctrines and teachings. This does not excuse the corrupt individuals. The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church is a general survey of the history and it does not hide any of the horrible crimes committed by members, from clergy to Kings to Popes, in the name of Christianity...but there is an underlying eternal truth which has not been violated and never will.
Egyptian is very interesting and fascinating, but hard to undertand, it was a whole lot different culture.
I have done a little study of the Eqyptians mythology. I have focussed more on Greek, Roman and Etruscan and some of the South Pacific.[a wee bit of Chinese, Indian and Japanese, too]
Besides ,. every religion on earth thinks that their truth is the real one. So many thruths, so many cultures. To think that one jewish tribe is the right one and olds the ultimate answers about our universe is foolish and redicilous to think.
Including teh religion of Avatar :D
There is a thread of necessary or desired truths which I think point towards a consistent awakening within human history that we are an oddity in the world and that we do not quite belong here, yet we are the tenders of the garden called earth. Love [That someone can love dearly sirsnîgi mîlçt] not sex[ is this the right word? dzimums], both our desire to love and be loved is within the realm of the divine and reminds us with stirrings in our soul of a mysterious Other.
And by Ecikels' (sp) description of the "god" which he didn't claim to be a god but interpreters thought of tht like tht, one US NASA scientist even received a patent for a special kind of a wheel that can go in all dirrections. Does your god needs wheels to move around>?
Ezekiel describes the indescribable. If a person is grasping to describe something, they may create quite a strange creature. I know many Ufologists try to make it into a spaceship. This description does not invalidate the messages in Ezekiel.
Actually I find Indian vedas as much interesting if not more and bonus to that they have not changed over time, they are older for some thousands of years than the bible
And what in the Bible has changed? Do you mean in the OT? The Vedas may be interesting...but I find more of a sadness and pessimism that does not bring a lot of hope. They are not older than the old testament writings. Isn't the oldest one from about 1500 BC? If anything, there is quite a bit of slaying and bloodshed going on in teh Vedas, no? If you take the same approach to the Vedas as you do to the Old Testament then you really ahve no complaint about blood-thirsty gods. Are you, perhaps, tainted by a little anti-semitism from theh Communist influence? This is a serious question, not one to start a fight.
I need a more deep person.
I would hope you are actually looking for a mutual respect, interest in common and a mutual self-giving love. Otherwise you may as well hire a servant girl.
Did I ever said you're an foolish idiot on one level of the evolution with homo eructus?
I am talking about respect of other religions, not of me...this thread's purpose is highly antagonistic and disrespectful adn compelled me to not let it stand unchallenged.
But to be true, I really have more respect for local heathens and buddhists than christians. And I have a good reason for that.
This generality is a little broad. If you hate Christians because of history, then you do not hate Chritianity, you hate the hypocrites. If you hate Christians currently, then you hate either their abuses of you OR you hate what you disagree with. I still think it is mainly because you want to get laid and do not want anyone to tell you that your sexual escapades are wrong. Everything else is just a smoke screen.
If you really want to study the mythologies of our country (to which I'm smhow doubtful) you'll have some difficulties in finding good and obective information on-net.
I do not study mythologies from web sources, I go to libraries and universities and converse with professors or take classes. Why doubt my interest in mythologies of your county? Maybe I should doubt you are a Latvian athiest and consider you a Jewish convert to Christianity who became a nun in a convent and teaches religious lessons to Latvian immigrants to Pashtar with a special emphasis on correcting their misinterpretations of the bible which were developed to protect their desire to copulate like animals?:)

lieliski!,
hippo

Could we all pitch in and maybe buy a few people a sense of humour? :rolleyes:

*Shrug*

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

If you read the book of Job again, you may be amazed at the points it IS trying to make. Since you do not believe in the God, read it from the eyes of a man who is trying to understand why bad things happen to good people and see what you think.
the thing that is important here is that in the book of Job your God kills his family. I don't care what reasons he has or thinks he has. The fact remains- he killed Jobs' family to win a phylosophycal debate with Satan.
ave you ever thought of writing down our family's eyewitness accounts and researching more of the Black-berets workings in Latvia? I tink it is important.
It was not just my family. Whole nation was fighting for independence. Those who need, can find the info. There are many sources. And as regards my case- the man who signed the document came out of jail recently. Those OMON guys are safe at Russia.
but there is an underlying eternal truth which has not been violated and never will.
which, if there is , has nothing to do with christianity. but as I said - the only universal truth is that there is no universal truth. everything is relative.
Including teh religion of Avatar
What religion?
both our desire to love and be loved is within the realm of the divine
Both are in our mind. Besides, noone has seen your divine reality , except for some mad people. And they did not hold any evidence.
You found some Latvian:D thanx, I was pleasantly suprised.
Ezekiel describes the indescribable.
The description is quite good. How would you describe a computer 3000 years ago? And it still was good enough to recreate a part of it and receive a patient.
This description does not invalidate the messages in Ezekiel.
that description is even more interesting. It describes in great detail one temple that has survived to this day in the Andes. Ancient indian temple.
And what in the Bible has changed?
parts taken out, rewriten, retranslated for a hundred of times. From the real text almost nothing remains. Vedas vere writen ~6000 years ago (according to the bible this is when Adam was a baby:D). But I suspect they were sayd from mouth to mouth from a lot ancient time.
I would hope you are actually looking for a mutual respect, interest in common and a mutual self-giving love. Otherwise you may as well hire a servant girl.
all what you said is true, but it isn't enough. I need smone who is very intelligent.
I am talking about respect of other religions, not of me...this thread's purpose is highly antagonistic and disrespectful adn compelled me to not let it stand unchallenged.
I didn't start this thread? It has nothing to do with me.
This generality is a little broad. If you hate Christians because of history, then you do not hate Chritianity, you hate the hypocrites. If you hate Christians currently, then you hate either their abuses of you OR you hate what you disagree with. I still think it is mainly because you want to get laid and do not want anyone to tell you that your sexual escapades are wrong. Everything else is just a smoke screen.
I don't hate christians or christianity. I never sayd I did. I said I have little or respect for it.
Maybe I should doubt you are a Latvian athiest and consider you a Jewish convert to Christianity who became a nun in a convent and teaches religious lessons to Latvian immigrants to Pashtar with a special emphasis on correcting their misinterpretations of the bible which were developed to protect their desire to copulate like animals?
LMAO ROFL . you made me laugh, thanx. I said I doubted because we are a small country and hardly ever anybody pays any interest to us. But if you are so interested, pay a visit:)

uz redzi,

(actually lieliski=great)
(dzimums=gender)
(uz redzi= see ya)

Back