The physics behind Jesus walking on water

What are the physics behind Jesus walking on water?

• it is an optical water illusion...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • there was a high velocity water flow/stream from the bottom

• he was very electrically charged...from all the lightning

• Its all relative...his students were the ones on water while he was in boat

• He was being held by a beam from a spaceship/God/some source

• This wasnt ocean of water...this was a spill of mercury

• he moved at speed of light back and force on water for nanocentimeter

• this life is matrix...anything is possible

• This has to do with anti-gravity properties...Heim theory

• I really don't know

• Total voters
i almost put that option, but it tends to suggest that jesus controls the laws of physics through his own potency - this, while an option some people might agree with, doesn't suggest that god's business is the universal cosmos, while the pure devotee's business is to glorify god (thus any mystic display of the pure devotee can be attributed to their intimate connection to god)

but is Jesus not an entity of God? but are not we not entities of God if God is everything?

but is Jesus not an entity of God? but are not we not entities of God if God is everything?
the precise term for a living entity is "part and parcel" of god
IOW they both partake of the same nature, but eternal distinctions of "sustainer" and "sustained" remain

the precise term for a living entity is "part and parcel" of god
IOW they both partake of the same nature, but eternal distinctions of "sustainer" and "sustained" remain

what sort of distinctions are these? And how in the world is that possible to exist in a universe that is God in its entirety?

what sort of distinctions are these? And how in the world is that possible to exist in a universe that is God in its entirety?
ok - that's a technical question but here is the condensed version of the answer

the universe of matter is one eternal contingent energy of god
the universe of spirit is another eternal contingent energy of god
the living entities are also another eternal contingent energy of god

god exists independent of these three energies, much like a fire exists independent of heat, fire and smoke

the distinction is that the living entity is constitutionally marginal - that means it has no scope for being independent and must exist in either the universe of matter or the universe of spirit.

IOW the living entity is never in a situation where the material or spiritual universe is contingent on them, no matter whether they are conditioned or liberated

the universe of spirit is another eternal contingent energy of god
the living entities are also another eternal contingent energy of god

IOW the living entity is never in a situation where the material or spiritual universe is contingent on them, no matter whether they are conditioned or liberated

are you saying living entities are same eternal contingent energy as spirits? Or are these two different? And if living entities are contingent energy of God...than is God a contingent energy of us?

are you saying living entities are same eternal contingent energy as spirits?Or are these two different?
I don't understand your question

And if living entities are contingent energy of God...than is God a contingent energy of us?
no

contingency (generally) indicates a one way relationship
for instance heat, smoke and light are contingent energies of fire - if fire is moved 50 meters somewhere else, the contingent energies follow.
If the heat, fire and smoke is somehow sucked up, the fire simply continues to generate them

are you saying living entities are same eternal contingent energy as spirits? Or are these two different?
sorry
now I understand your question
no the two are different
the universe of spirit accommodates consciousness of god (while the universe of matter accommodates forgetfulness of god)
the living entity is thus situated in either one or the other states of existence

I don't know lightgigantic...something doesn't smell right in your theory.
usually validity is examined according to models of logic or truth ... as opposed to aroma
generally of course, any discussion becomes difficult when one would prefer to use one's nose (ie personal bias) rather than one's faculties of contemplation
... mind you - opening a thread about the physics of jesus walking on water, i'm not sure what sort of dialouge you were expecting .....

usually validity is examined according to models of logic or truth ... as opposed to aroma
generally of course, any discussion becomes difficult when one would prefer to use one's nose (ie personal bias) rather than one's faculties of contemplation
... mind you - opening a thread about the physics of jesus walking on water, i'm not sure what sort of dialouge you were expecting .....

I was expecting to hear something like this:

If Jesus is an object with mass of 50kg and surface area exposed to water is 1.8 square meters...the pressure induced on water molecules...

I was expecting to hear something like this:

If Jesus is an object with mass of 50kg and surface area exposed to water is 1.8 square meters...the pressure induced on water molecules...
so in other words you were expecting answers along the lines "It seems pretty difficult to do"
:eek:

what special contribution does discussing jesus, per se, have to do with your blissful anticipation of copious equations?

well maybe...just maybe I want to hear what religious people have to say of Jesus walking on water and not in language of physics but their beliefs.

Back