The physics behind Jesus walking on water

What are the physics behind Jesus walking on water?

• it is an optical water illusion...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • there was a high velocity water flow/stream from the bottom

• he was very electrically charged...from all the lightning

• Its all relative...his students were the ones on water while he was in boat

• He was being held by a beam from a spaceship/God/some source

• This wasnt ocean of water...this was a spill of mercury

• he moved at speed of light back and force on water for nanocentimeter

• this life is matrix...anything is possible

• This has to do with anti-gravity properties...Heim theory

• I really don't know

• Total voters

draqon

Banned
Banned
It always fascinated me to read of Jesus walking on water...but what are the physics behind this phenomenon?

visc.gif

walk_on_water.jpg

jesus_walking_on_water.jpg

the surface tension of "pure" water
against air at 20 degrees C is 72.75 dynes/cm. This increases with
cooling and decreases with heating. Most inorganic solutes increase the
surface tension of the solution when dissolved in water. Most mineral
acids decrease the surface tension of the solution in water (sulfuric
acid is the most obvious exception). Most organic compouns decrease the
surface tension of the solution in water (organic acids and alcohols are
often exceptions).

and this: http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/explan5.html

-------

It seems that Jesus must have walked on: extremely cold water, extremely low pressure, as well as high cocentration of inorganic solutes in water at the time, lack of mineral acids, and presence of organic acids on his feet, and his very light weight, and the veeeeery salty water....but does it really?

just a question
given that god is held to be the ultimate creator and maintainer of all things (including the laws of physics), why would one hold that he be unable to transgress or manipulate these laws according to his will?

just a question
given that god is held to be the ultimate creator and maintainer of all things (including the laws of physics), why would one hold that he be unable to transgress or manipulate these laws according to his will?

didnt he specifically said he wanted to feel how hard it is to be a human? I read this in Bible somewhere...going overboard would show that he hasn't tasted how to be a human at all.

didnt he specifically said he wanted to feel how hard it is to be a human? I read this in Bible somewhere...going overboard would show that he hasn't tasted how to be a human at all.
Maybe you could contextualize your statement with a scriptural quote, since it sounds a bit whimsical as is

Maybe you could contextualize your statement with a scriptural quote, since it sounds a bit whimsical as is

I am sorry I can't...that would require extensive reading of Bible. And I have stepped away from the scriptures of this book...because I do not agree with it. I am now trying my best to become a buddhist, I always sought to be.

I am sorry I can't...that would require extensive reading of Bible. And I have stepped away from the scriptures of this book...because I do not agree with it. I am now trying my best to become a buddhist, I always sought to be.

maybe you would be better off inquiring along that line then ....

I mean...what other options are there...that are not included in "other" and "I really don't know" heh?

well than how does "Jesus used his spirit and mind" not fit into your answer?:bugeye:
i almost put that option, but it tends to suggest that jesus controls the laws of physics through his own potency - this, while an option some people might agree with, doesn't suggest that god's business is the universal cosmos, while the pure devotee's business is to glorify god (thus any mystic display of the pure devotee can be attributed to their intimate connection to god)

Back