The oldest you are you willing to pair with?

Age limit ...?

• approximately 5 years more than me.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • approximately 10 years more than me.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • no more than 20 years

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • more than 20 years

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

perplexity

Banned
Banned
What sort of age limit do you usually set on a person you fancy, for sex or to procreate, (male or female)?

Readers may also be curious to know your present age.
Profile page information is not usually so helpful on that.

---

5 years for me. It's a personal preference. I do not think there is a real "moral" limit to age, younger or older.

IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER I WANT CHILDREN....

if i do... then under 35 ..... or so...

if not... then it doesnt matter..

-MT

perplexity said:
What sort of age limit do you usually set on a person you fancy, for sex or to procreate, (male or female)?

Readers may also be curious to know your present age.
Profile page information is not usually so helpful on that.

---
Well I'm in my 30s so I would want someone old enough to have a decent conversation with and young enough so he doesn't nod off in the middle of it, for say another 10 years. Shouldn't have much left to say after that so I'd say a max of 15 years older than me

On second thoughts I should have included a "nobody older" category, and perhaps a ".... years younger".
Please count any younger preference as 5 years.
I am expecting most of the votes to fall that way anyway.

-- RH.

samcdkey said:
Well I'm in my 30s so I would want someone old enough to have a decent conversation with and young enough so he doesn't nod off in the middle of it, for say another 10 years. Shouldn't have much left to say after that so I'd say a max of 15 years older than me

JUST GET your mate to take 12 miliqrams of DHEA, every 2 or three days....

and you will notice a major rise in his desire to be a man,.,,,,,,,

that stuff is amazing..... i use it every 2 or 3rd day...

and it seriously... can change a mans life.

-MT

Dihydroxyeicosapentaenoic acid also known as omega-3 fatty acids;

careful how you use it, it prevents blood from clotting ( so its good for the heart, among other things) but too much of it and.....

P.S. the post is a comment; my man is perfect.

btw are you following me around? how old are you?

i am 36... and i have rheuamtism... and i take 30 grams of omega 3 fish oil a day...

but dhea/.... is dehydroepiandrosterone... it literally becomes.. testosterone in the body after metabolism....

it has shaved 20 years off my life... and i feel as good as i did when i was 18.

omega 3... is my new best friend...

dhea... is a close second.

-MT

Mosheh Thezion said:
i am 36... and i have rheuamtism... and i take 30 grams of omega 3 fish oil a day...

but dhea/.... is dehydroepiandrosterone... it literally becomes.. testosterone in the body after metabolism....

it has shaved 20 years off my life... and i feel as good as i did when i was 18.

omega 3... is my new best friend...

dhea... is a close second.

-MT

You know I made the exact same mistake in my endocrinology class; I'm a nutritionist, so I think fatty acids first; just don't remember there are other things that are DHEA; btw we shouldn't hijack this thread :)

I LOVE OMEGA 3 SO MUCH... ID MAKE LOVE TO IT, IF IT WOULD RESPOND.

IVE BEEN IN constant pain for over 10 years... constant...

but omega 3 fish oil... makes me feel cured... totally... i love it.

30 grams maybe alot... but i dont care.

and since i feel so good... i could handle 30 wives.... young / old... i dont care.

-MT

Mosheh Thezion said:

So with somebody else who takes the fish oil does your age limit then increase from 15 years to 35 years?

The curiosity that started this was to see if a vote would arrive at all in "over 20 years".

--- Ron.

samcdkey said:
Sorry Ron, your thread seemed a little lonely :)

Thanks then for the pleasure of the company.

Most people would not ordinarily have cause to think about this as an issue, until a moment crops up in their life, and many would not even be bothered to ask an age, possibly suprised when they do find out.

Would anybody here ordinarly be aware of it if they happen to exchange postings with somebody more than 20 years older?

From what I know of people partnered with a wide age difference it was not at all expected, rather taken by surprise, swept of their own feet so to speak.

When I met my wife she was 19 and I was 8 years older but it never felt like an issue, never thought too much about about it but if I think about it now I was definitely not looking for somebody 8 years older when I was 19.

--- Ron.

perplexity said:
So with somebody else who takes the fish oil does your age limit then increase from 15 years to 35 years?

The curiosity that started this was to see if a vote would arrive at all in "over 20 years".

--- Ron.

honestly... as a man........ 20 years differnce would be to much..

unless she was 20 years younger.

its only natural... i didnt make the universe... i only live in it.

-MT

perplexity said:
Thanks then for the pleasure of the company.

Most people would not ordinarily have cause to think about this as an issue, until a moment crops up in their life, and many would not even be bothered to ask an age, possibly suprised when they do find out.

Would anybody here ordinarly be aware of it if they happen to exchange postings with somebody more than 20 years older?

From what I know of people partnered with a wide age difference it was not at all expected, rather taken by surprise, swept of their own feet so to speak.

When I met my wife she was 19 and I was 8 years older but it never felt like an issue, never thought too much about about it but if I think about it now I was definitely not looking for somebody 8 years older when I was 19.

--- Ron.

Life is unexpected; the man in my life is 10 years older. I had never actually thought that such a difference would be insignificant, in my opinion 4 years would have been enough. But I knew within 24 hours of meeting him that there could never be aanyone else. Go figure.

samcdkey said:
Life is unexpected; the man in my life is 10 years older. I had never actually thought that such a difference would be insignificant, in my opinion 4 years would have been enough. But I knew within 24 hours of meeting him that there could never be aanyone else. Go figure.

Already figured. According to available research a ten year difference is unusual.

According to UN information the mean difference in age at marriage is at least four years in 21 of 64 countries, and in only three countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Lebanon) does the age difference exceed five years.

http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/archives/L/2000/A/un000942.html

The Global mean as a matter fact and personal preference seems to be for a man to be 3, maybe 4 years older.

This web page from Norway includes a usefully illustrative bar graph to illustrate the distribution to be expected:

http://www.ssb.no/english/magazine/art-2005-01-31-01-en.html

--- Ron.

perplexity said:
Already figured. According to available research a ten year difference is unusual.

According to UN information the mean difference in age at marriage is at least four years in 21 of 64 countries, and in only three countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Lebanon) does the age difference exceed five years.
--- Ron.

Is there any relation between age at marriage and age difference in marriage?

samcdkey said:
Is there any relation between age at marriage and age difference in marriage?

Good question.

I don't have statistics to quote off hand but I'd expect it to make more of a difference at each end of the age scale.

At my age, with friends already dead and buried, I think seriously about who is going to be the first to go.

--- Ron.

perplexity said:
Well, you just got your "over 20 years" vote. :p

I wouldn't care how much older than me the person is if I really liked them enough. There isn't anything stopping me from flirting with, or pairing up with, someone twice my age. And who knows, maybe I have already. ;)

And no, big age gaps aren't creepy.

Athelwulf said:
Well, you just got your "over 20 years" vote. :p

I wouldn't care how much older than me the person is if I really liked them enough. There isn't anything stopping me from flirting with, or pairing up with, someone twice my age. And who knows, maybe I have already. ;)

And no, big age gaps aren't creepy.

I agree, though 10 years is my experience; you don't think about age with a person you truly care for and who cherishes you

Back