The Naked Truth Would be Nice

God is original sin.

God is a concept and is not a sin. We decide what we do with that concept, how we wield it, and than as a result of our actions it becomes either a blessing for us or a sin.

Last edited:
Except they wouldn't know what shame is or if talking serpents were unusual.

They were instructed to not eat the apple and from what I understand there wasn't other beings around besides God, Adam and Eve. Hanging out with God a talking serpent may have not been too unusual, or maybe it was intoxicatingly so.
The question does arise that God probably knew they would eat from that tree, maybe that is why the tree was there. That is conjecture, though.

In actuality perfection is not unique to any individual, as perfection itself cannot have any irrelevances and disagreements of its own nature.
If that was the case, you would see that everyone would take the same path in the pursuit of their goals

Perfection can only be one, to all the same.
Does communism enjoy a trendy retro flavour in Russia?

That is why reaching for perfection is the best practice for all of us to do, but never reaching it at the same time. For if we reach perfection, we would cease to be.
Unless one is having a dreadful time, I don't understand how perfection entails ceasing to exist.
Perhaps life in communist russia poses a scenario where ceasing to exist offers positive alternatives to existing, .... but otherwise it is unclear what value lies in ceasing to exist, .......much less why it is perfectional
:confused:

Last edited:
Is there good shame and bad shame?
sure

Do you think the shame a 32 year old man might feel to bathe naked with his mother is bad?

Without original sin LG could bathe with his mother at any age without trepidation.:D
If its your ambition to establish moral imperatives by "one size fits all", the sky's the limit buddy ....
:runaway:

Last edited:
God is a concept and is not a sin.

If you believe god is the source of all, then god is the original sin.

God would also be evil since he chose to make sin.

Apparently he eventually felt guilty for all the evil he did an had himself tortured to death.

If you believe god is the source of all, then god is the original sin.

God would also be evil since he chose to make sin.

Apparently he eventually felt guilty for all the evil he did an had himself tortured to death.

God allows sin to exist to allow free will to exist for us all. If he did not create sin we would not have free will to decide for ourselves which path to follow.

Do you think the shame a 32 year old man might feel to bathe naked with his mother is bad?

If God made you so that you didn't know good from evil then you could have sex with your mother. Kill someone if you want.

The problem is that people equate not knowing good and evil with being good. Of course nothing is good or bad if there is no knowledge of these terms.

This was heaven on Earth. Something for all believers to look forward to? You wouldn't even know if heaven was good or bad had mankind not sinned. What kind of world did God have planned anyway? One filled with the blank stares of mindless automatons?

Would we be able to philosophise if we didn't know good or evil?

If God made you so that you didn't know good from evil then you could have sex with your mother. Kill someone if you want.
Funny how social/psychological contexts frame moral imperatives, eh?

The problem is that people equate not knowing good and evil with being good. Of course nothing is good or bad if there is no knowledge of these terms.
One particular vedic word for transcendence (ie being beyond the dualities of material existence, like good and bad, for instance) is visuddha sattva (purified goodness). The word for plain old run of the mill goodness is sattva. IOW its a misconception that spiritual advancement reaches a level where one becomes "beyond goodness". Rather, the idea is that the standard goodness that mundane life incorporates is not sufficient for transcendence.
This was heaven on Earth. Something for all believers to look forward to? You wouldn't even know if heaven was good or bad had mankind not sinned. What kind of world did God have planned anyway? One filled with the blank stares of mindless automatons?
While I do have issues with the notion of heaven being on earth (at the very least, I think the qualities of this heaven has to be unpacked a bit before you can really discuss it) I think you have a few problems with your examination of unconditioned life. Basically you are determining the quality of life in transcendence by examining conditioned life ..... This is kind of like making a guess what life in the outside world is like based solely on studying prisons and their inmates.
This is not to say that one cannot pitch reasonable guesses.
For instance Plato also launched a few impressive guesses about the nature of an absolute world based on the inconsistencies of the material world.
IOW he didn't try and jam an absolute perfection within what are clearly conditioned boundaries.

Would we be able to philosophise if we didn't know good or evil?
Depends whether you understand that philosophy has a goal other than philosophizing ....

One particular vedic word for transcendence (ie being beyond the dualities of material existence, like good and bad, for instance) is visuddha sattva (purified goodness). The word for plain old run of the mill goodness is sattva.

Nice of them to develope a word but even those boys can't shake the goodness of not knowing. As I said, not knowing good or evil is a good thing in the minds of many.

Although I will admit that as an atheist, I feel it is an evil thing to withhold the knowledge of good & evil. Not sure if all atheists feel the same.

Am I to believe that the Abrahamic god intended us to never gain the knowledge? Perhaps we are the only planet in His creation where this happened. Now I know why we have not been contacted or haven't been able to contact other civilizations dispersed throughout the cosmos:rolleyes:

Nice of them to develope a word
Now that you mention it, your ability to develop a take on it is also worthy of a mention ... perhaps not as worthy as plato however .....
but even those boys can't shake the goodness of not knowing. As I said, not knowing good or evil is a good thing in the minds of many.
perhaps in the minds of those whose consultation of religious texts does not go any further than pop up books
(I think it was Aquinas who later absorbed the philosophy of plato into the christian church)

Am I to believe that the Abrahamic god intended us to never gain the knowledge?
Depends whether you agree that philosophy has goal other than philosophizing

Perhaps we are the only planet in His creation where this happened. Now I know why we have not been contacted or haven't been able to contact other civilizations dispersed throughout the cosmos:rolleyes:
Perhaps the inmates in prison are discussing how to escape from jail once they finish their jail term
:p

Does it? Not knowing is blissful:rolleyes:;).

images

hehe

even Mr. Perfect died of a cocaine overdose

God allows sin to exist to allow free will to exist for us all. If he did not create sin we would not have free will to decide for ourselves which path to follow.

Not much of a god then, is he?

If we have free will why are those who exercise their free will punished in hell?

Seems pretty evil still and / or incompitent.

PsychoticEpisode,

Let's say the Bible is correct. That would mean God created a perfect world when He created the Earth and all its trimmings.

It means God is perfect, and he created the Earth.

God Himself categorically states that it was good. All that goodness came to a crashing halt when mankind decided to commit the original sin. I think we can all agree that up until that point, the Earth was dead nuts perfect.

The Earth had all the ingrediants, and still has them, sin cannot change that.

Unfortunately we obtained the knowledge when we weren't allowed to have it, thus perfection also ended at original sin.

They were allowed to have it if they wanted it, and they did (eventually).
How do you define "perfection" in this case?

Of course we all know what happened after original sin. Nudity was shameful.

I doubt it was a case of "nudity was shameful", simply because, it wasn't shameful before.
I would say the mind became contaminated with lust.

Hard to believe that what God the omniscient perfectionist considered good, was really bad.

God cannot be a "perfectionist" and perfection at the same time. :)

I don't understand how something declared good, by a God with all the knowledge of good & evil anyone could want, can suddenly become bad.

The only transgression was the mind of the two people involved, and they only utilised their freewill.

The paradox is that nudity is both good and bad. How can God declare nakedness good when it was really bad?

Nakedness can neither be nor bad, anymore than bullets can. :bugeye:

jan.

Back