The end is near!

Arp is a well known crank. His mathematics have been refuted as has his assertions. And although Sup says he is alone, he does have followers, equally oblivious.

If he's right he wouldn't be the first "crank" to turn out right.

Galileo was a crank, Copernicus, etc.

If he's right he wouldn't be the first "crank" to turn out right.

Galileo was a crank, Copernicus, etc.
Wrong. They actually had scientific evidence that could be tested. It was and they were vindicated (after the church gave up being assholes, at least temporarily).

superluminal,

what is your opinion of the fingers of God page? He's saying that redshift makes it appear as if Earth is the center of the universe somehow! Can you please respond to that?
It does! That's why it's soooo funny!

Every point in an expanding universe appears to itself to be at the "center". Surely you've read enough about modern cosmology to make a value judgement in favor of "electric" cosmology and such? Yes...? No...?

Hmmm...

Every large scale structure in the universe appears to be moving away from us. As it would to an observer a billion ly away. Google the "raisin bread" or "balloon" analogies.

I'm still looking for a couple more papers which look at Arp's models and refutes them point by point. So many papers, so little organization.

It does! That's why it's soooo funny!

Every point in an expanding universe appears to itself to be at the "center". Surely you've read enough about modern cosmology to make a value judgement in favor of "electric" cosmology and such? Yes...? No...?

Hmmm...

Every large scale structure in the universe appears to be moving away from us. As it would to an observer a billion ly away. Google the "raisin bread" or "balloon" analogies.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that, according to observations with redshift, objects are clustered in elongated formations that actually point to observers on earth. Did you read that part. I'm sorry but ff that is not a bogus claim, it destroys redshift as a tool.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that, according to observations with redshift, objects are clustered in elongated formations that actually point to observers on earth. Did you read that part. I'm sorry but ff that is not a bogus claim, it destroys redshift as a tool.
Observational bias. Did you read my post about the increasing error bars on more distant observations?

Back