The christian Bible...

Not in the least. Genocide relates to man's inhumanity to man. It has nothing to say about the Creator and judge of all mankind.

Sorry Dan but God's inhumanity went beyond mere inhumanity. He killed the innocent and the wicked, and the plants, and the bugs and the animals and the birds, everything with wonton disregard.

Wholesale murder on a planetary scale.

That sure seems unjustifiably EVIL!

He even repents of his EVIL!after the fact and like an abusive spouse promises not to murder like that again. Of course he doesn't keep his word and gets right back into murdering innocents again in just a few pages.

swarm-define evil. does doing something pragmatic make one evil? Or is it taking joy in doing something which brings pain and suffering?

swarm-define evil.

EVIL:

Damning any one to hell, even those you think disserve it.

Destroying an entire planet, babies, kids, adults, animals, plants, all life; in a fit of pique, even though you think they disserve it.

Killing all the first born male children of an entire nation, even though you think they disserve it.

Ordering your people to wipe out another people, even though you think they disserve it.

Damning children for the sins of their fathers, even though you think they disserve it.

Being a jealous god.

Funny, none of that strikes me as evil. To God's chosen, it was justice and righteousness. Curious.

See what you learn from the bible, mass murder on a planetary scale doesn't seem to phase you at all, in fact, you appear to think it a good thing.

I don't know, the practices of followers of Ba'al and molech strike me as reason for genocide. I'm not a big fan of sacrificing children on a heated cast iron idol, or generic human sacrifice to appease the gods, but those are just my opinions of course.

I don't know, the practices of followers of Ba'al and molech strike me as reason for genocide.

And, you don't mind if the innocent are killed either. Surely, not every single living person on the planet was evil in gods eyes, were they?

No, it would seem more that god is petty and jealous and take his wrath out based on his own inadequacies and deficiencies, like any other murderous despot.

And, you don't mind if the innocent are killed either. Surely, not every single living person on the planet was evil in gods eyes, were they?

Apparently, they were. We'll get to Sodom and Gomorrah soon enough, where this will be made more evident.

I don't know, the practices of followers of Ba'al and molech strike me as reason for genocide. I'm not a big fan of sacrificing children on a heated cast iron idol, or generic human sacrifice to appease the gods, but those are just my opinions of course.
M*W: Do you know much about Ba'al? I've read that the name means "husband."

Apparently, they were.

Is that a yes or a no? Every single solitary human being was evil? Newborns? Toddlers? The mentally ill? All were so evil that only a cruel and painful death would warrant justice in the eyes of your god?

Why wouldn't he just snap his fingers or wave his hand, similar to when he created the universe? Why the huge charade?

Apparently, they were. We'll get to Sodom and Gomorrah soon enough, where this will be made more evident.
M*W: Let me save you some time. According to modern archeologists of the region, no such place as Sodom and Gomorrah ever existed. It was only myth. It had nothing to do with homosexuality at all. It was a story about man's inhumanity to man.

Further, 'Lot's Wife' is actually a salty pillar on a mountain in the desert formed due to erosion. Lot's wife, and possibly Lot and his daughters didn't exist either.

Reference:

Panati, Charles. Sacred Origins of Profound Things: The Stories Behind the Rites and Rituals of the World's Religions, 1996.

What is your evidence that "followers of Ba'al and Molech" did such things? I'm just curious.

There are accounts in the OT that the followers of Yahweh killed and raped children with Yahweh's permission and instruction -though I've yet to see any evidence that this was a real practice, so I consider it a lot of hyperbole and propeganda for later Jewish leaders to prop up their people

There are accounts in the OT that the followers of Yahweh killed and raped children with Yahweh's permission and instruction -though I've yet to see any evidence that this was a real practice, so I consider it a lot of hyperbole and propeganda for later Jewish leaders to prop up their people-Skinwalker

I'm sorry, could you give me a reference on this? I'm not familiar with any such story.

Funny, none of that strikes me as evil. To God's chosen, it was justice and righteousness. Curious.

Then you yourself are evil if you find non of that abhorrant. But I suspect you are lying to try and excuse your god's misdeeds. If I laid out the lesser crimes of Hitler, you would probably be happy to wax poetic about how evil he was.

Each of those acts is an act of unmitigated EVIL!done by an EVIL!god.

Last edited:
But God will smash the heads of his enemies, crushing the skulls of those who love their guilty ways. The Lord says, “I will bring my enemies down from Bashan; I will bring them up from the depths of the sea. You, my people, will wash your feet in their blood, and even your dogs will get their share! (Psalms 68:21-23 NLT)

EVIL!

The King James version is just one of the many versions that survived the Middle Ages.
It was once a much larger collection of writings. And there are a lot of other writings - these days they're generally decried as "false", or not "accepted". But they were before some pope made a choice about the final cut. That was the Catholic version, which became the Lutheran version, which became the Anglican version.

Then there are all those other books, the ones that got written by "non-Hebrews", like all over the place. The Bible is therefore just a collection of writings from a certain region; it borrows ideas from other regions, other civilisations and religions. Religions are a collection of ideas, from which presumably some sort of "religious" principle or essence, is available

The King James version is just one of the many versions that survived the Middle Ages.
M*W: The idea for the KJV was conceived in 1604 and published in 1611. The Middle Ages are dated from the 5th century AD (400s) to the 16th century AD (1500s).

Okay, this is not where we're going to talk about how King James had a translation of the Gutenburg made or anything. Let's do the next chapter, shall we?

1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.

5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.

8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.

9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.

10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,

12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.

13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,

14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.

15 And Canaan begat Sidon his first born, and Heth,

16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,

17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,

18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.

19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.

20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.

22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.

23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.

24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.

25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,

27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,

28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.

30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.

31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.

32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

This sort of thing would be way more interesting if I knew where the hell these places were.

Back