The Bible is the truth

Bible

• Total voters

lixluke

Refined Reinvention
Valued Senior Member
Do you believe the Holy Bible 100% true?
Do you think it is less than 100% true?

but there is no room for division 100 % or 73.2 % for being true or not

i can tell u its around 70% applicable in my life

Weather or not it is applicable is a different topic.
The question is about weather or not you believe the Bilbe is the truth.

U r right it is a different topic ,

so the point here is , if i do not agree to one phrase , the Bible is not 100%true

do not u think the question needs some space

so the point here is , if i do not agree to one phrase , the Bible is not 100%true
If you do not agree to one phrase that doesnt change how true that phrase may or may not be.

cool skill said:

It is 100% true to those who believe in it and 100% false to those who don't.

Maybe im being picky but shouldnt the thread title be 'IS the bible the truth' not 'the bible is the truth', the first invites discussion, the second, arguement.

cosmictraveler said:
It is 100% true to those who believe in it and 100% false to those who don't.
I would say, in fact, 99% of all people fall between the two extremes.

sideshowbob said:
I would say, in fact, 99% of all people fall between the two extremes.

You mean all of the Russian and Chinese communists that don't believe in the Bible, who's total population exceeds 2 billion people plus the Indiaian Hindus and Buddhists who also exceed over 2 billion in population think the Bible somewhat truthful? I really don't believe that you know that much about who believes in what from your statement. That's not trying to put you down but to open your eyes a little and take a very good look at others beliefs.

The bible is a taited revamped, added, warped, twisted, version of some truth.
Cool skill has the black and white complex. It sees through a tunnel and with very narrow vision.

cosmictraveler said:
You mean all of the Russian and Chinese communists that don't believe in the Bible....
No. I mean that nearly all of those billions don't 100% disbelieve the Bible.
Certainly, there are people who have never heard of the Bible. The don't believe it, but they don't disbelieve it either.

cool skill said:

Who is the father of Joseph? Is it Jacob or Heli?

sideshowbob said:
No. I mean that nearly all of those billions don't 100% disbelieve the Bible.
Certainly, there are people who have never heard of the Bible. The don't believe it, but they don't disbelieve it either.

The question was whether or not the Bible was true or false. The answer I gave you was based upon that question, not your new question of believing in it or not. The Bible is 100 % false to any of those other religions or ways of thinking other that what the Bible states to BILLIONS of other humans. When you start to change the original question into what you interpert it as saying then you should start another thread dealing with what you are wanting to discuss about disbelief and belief in the Bible.

I'm sorry, I think it's a stupid question. As I type, 3 people have voted "Yes", but I don't believe they think it's 100% true in the sense that cool skill meant it.

cosmictraveler said:
The question was whether or not the Bible was true or false. The answer I gave you was based upon that question, not your new question of believing in it or not.
My understanding of the question is: Do you believe the Bible is 100% true? If my understanding of the question is wrong, then cool skill can correct me.
The Bible is 100 % false to any of those other religions or ways of thinking....
My point is that the Bible is not 100% false to those people.
Nobody doubts that there was a country called Egypt or a city called Jerusalem or a king called Herod. So nobody in their right mind would say the Bible is 100% false.
It is only the areas of belief - e.g. whether or not Jesus rose from the dead - that are in contention. Therefore, it would be ridiculous to ask the question without considering beliefs.

I hope I've made that sufficiently clear. :)

100% true from the mouth of God Himself...no wonder I don't understand all of it. Don't understand a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they're not true. I've had some weird spiritual experiences happen to me...especially recently...that have let me know and understand beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Bible is 100% true, and that I just don't understand all of it.

Peace,

Lori

Back