Thanksgiving and religion

M*W: Sorry, but that's been my experience as well as the experience of every atheist on this forum. Call it what you want, but it still boils down to ignorance. If the shoe fits, wear it!

I'm simply trying to make you a better person, M*W, ...one who is tolerant of others, including those who are ignorant.

M*W: .... And as to your racial slur, I don't happen to be half black! Don't know where you got that from. I'm 100% Caucasian.

Racial slur? No, one has to be intentional to make a racial slur ...I'm totally ignorant. I thought I'd read somewhere that you admitted that you were half black. I apologize for unintentionally sluring your racial heritage.

Until then, I will believe what I believe, and I have no problem with you believing what you believe. This forum is open to all views, beliefs and opinions, and therefore, I will give mine.[/quotre]

Stating ones opinion is much, much different to calling others "stupid" and "ignorant" and "delusional" because they believe differently to you. Think about it, M*W.

Since you know where I stand, and I know where you stand, there is no further necessity to beat this dead horse.

No, you only know what you've read that I typed, not where I really stand on this or any other issue. Or are you saying that you believe everything that you read?

Baron Max

I'm simply trying to make you a better person, M*W, ...one who is tolerant of others, including those who are ignorant.
M*W: It is not within your boundaries to make anyone "a better person." You don't know me, you only think you do, and that's your delusion. I will accept those that I choose to, and I will tolerate those who don't think like I do, because these people haven't walked in my shoes, and neither have you. So you are quite incapable of making me anything to your liking, so don't even try.

Racial slur? No, one has to be intentional to make a racial slur ...I'm totally ignorant.
M*W: You said, "M*W, you should learn a little more about tolerance of others. And it's odd that I should have to tell you about that ...being half black as you are!"
M*W: That was a racial slur you made, because I am a Caucasian. There is no comment on this forum or anywhere else that would indicate I am half-black, green or purple! You said that intentionally, but I will agree with you that you are truly ignorant, and I have reported you to the mods for it.

I thought I'd read somewhere that you admitted that you were half black. I apologize for unintentionally sluring your racial heritage.
M*W: If I were a Black person or half-Black person, I wouldn't have to "admit" it to anyone, I would just say that's what I was, because I'm not ashamed of who I am or where I come from. Your using the word "admit" is also a racial slur. Obviously, you don't read what is posted herein, and you continue to refer to it as my "racial heritage." If I told this forum who my ancestors were, you all wouldn't believe it anyone, and as far as I know, none of them have been Black. I guess I'm going to have to report you again. Just to make it easy for you to understand, my avatar is my own picture. I am not ashamed of who I am. I was raised in the Deep South, USA, and I saw the travesties that happened to people of color. I guess I was one of the few children growing up in the South that didn't like, accept nor tolerate what my people were doing to them. If you saw the horrors I did as a child, you would not ever make a racial slur against these people. Maybe I don't have their genes, but I bet my white ancestors who were tobacco plantation owners put a few of our genes in them.

Stating ones opinion is much, much different to calling others "stupid" and "ignorant" and "delusional" because they believe differently to you. Think about it, M*W.
M*W: Then how can you call your racial slur an "opinion." I think it is your wishful thinking. You are obviously a racist.

No, you only know what you've read that I typed, not where I really stand on this or any other issue. Or are you saying that you believe everything that you read?
M*W: No, and I don't want to know anything else about you. I read everything I can and sort the information out. If I believed everything I've read, well then I would believe the bible. So, obviously I make up my own mind as to what is logical to me and what is not.

Please put me on Ignore. I don't have the time to communicate with you anymore.

To have one black and one non-black parent. Typically it describes black/white, as black-Hispanics are usually considered black, as are most people without a white parent.

My mom still says Mulatto. (Of course she also says Mongoloid still, so....I just consider her age)
Oh, and I was reading a Barbara Cartland (I know! I know!) and she mentions octoroons. That woman was a bigot wasn't she?

I thought I'd read somewhere that you admitted that you were half black.

Is this really something one 'admits' to being?

I can see a racist 'admitting' he or she, actually, is black, or some other kind of non-white.

But otherwise it seems like a strange way to say it, Max.

I think you meant you thought she 'said' she was black.

Back