Test Your Knowledge of Islam ! a Quiz

maxzuk said:
Holy Qur'an (Koran) Chapter 98, Verse 6 :

"The People of the Book and the Pagans will burn forever in the Fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures."

Sounds like very special respect alright.

Why you deny something to Muslims THE BIBLE itself practices ?

Stoning for preaching a different religion

Deuteronomy 13:6-11 "If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,' which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples that are round about you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him; but you shall kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and never again do any such wickedness as this among you.

Stoning for practising a different religion

Deuteronomy 17:1-7 "You shall not sacrifice to the LORD your God an ox or a sheep in which is a blemish, any defect whatever; for that is an abomination to the LORD your God. "If there is found among you, within any of your towns which the LORD your God gives you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it; then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abominable thing has been done in Israel, then you shall bring forth to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones. On the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses he that is to die shall be put to death; a person shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness. The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from the midst of you.

Stoning for blasphemy

Leviticus 24:10-16 Now an Israelite woman's son, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the people of Israel; and the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel quarreled in the camp, and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. And they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelo'mith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. And they put him in custody, till the will of the LORD should be declared to them. And the LORD said to Moses, "Bring out of the camp him who cursed; and let all who heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him. And say to the people of Israel, Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. He who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

Leviticus 24:23 So Moses spoke to the people of Israel; and they brought him who had cursed out of the camp, and stoned him with stones. Thus the people of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.

John 10:25-40 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness to me; but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of these do you stone me?" The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we stone you but for blasphemy; because you, being a man, make yourself God." Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, `I said, you are gods'? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came, do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, `You are blaspheming,' because I said, `I am the Son of God'? If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father." Again they tried to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands. He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John at first baptized, and there he remained.

HYPOCRITE !!

Proud_Muslim said:
Why you deny something to Muslims THE BIBLE itself practices ?
Um ok. Now can you tell us which Christian society actually and currently practices stoning people for practising a different religion, preaching a different religion and for blasphemy?

Bells, since I established and expose you as a liar, from now on, you will be put on ignore, dont bother and answer my posts because I wont be answering any of your lies anymore.

I have more interesting things to do. :)

I read an intersting essay not so long ago. The commented on the fact that christianity did indeed have a phase of great violence. The essay also commented that unlike the islam this phase was left in the past.

I wonder how much of this is true.

Proud_Muslim said:
Bells, since I established and expose you as a liar, from now on, you will be put on ignore, dont bother and answer my posts because I wont be answering any of your lies anymore.

I have more interesting things to do. :)
So I take it this means that you cannot answer the question? Ah such form and decorum PM. You've just reiterated my point. Where you can't answer a question, you deem them to be 'lies' and the person making the statement a 'liar' and then you run like a girl because you in effect, have no idea.

In Forrest Gump fashion... run PM run..

"using the F word" - PM

come on PM, you can do it, you can say fuck, i believe in you

the American govt is trying to censor out the word fuck, and you are helping them

spuriousmonkey said:
I read an intersting essay not so long ago. The commented on the fact that christianity did indeed have a phase of great violence. The essay also commented that unlike the islam this phase was left in the past.

I wonder how much of this is true.

You do also realize that it is the muslim land which is invaded, it is muslims who are tortured and bombed to death, you do also realize that it is NOT the muslim armies which are invading the west and imposing sharia on the western world, it is the other way around !!! :rolleyes:

You do also realize that it is the muslim land which is invaded, it is muslims who are tortured and bombed to death, you do also realize that it is NOT the muslim armies which are invading the west and imposing sharia on the western world, it is the other way around !!!
If you wish to start this arguement about who started what i suggest you look up the battle of tours/poitiers.

You do also realize that it is the muslim land which is invaded, it is muslims who are tortured and bombed to death, you do also realize that it is NOT the muslim armies which are invading the west and imposing sharia on the western world, it is the other way around !!!

The difference is that the nations of the west don't act in the name of christianity. It is true that they are by majority christians, but we have advanced to a stage where religion is secondary (farther down that actually) to political considerations. The west is not imposing Christian laws, it is imposing western laws, democratic laws.

I don't know why I'm even bothering with this, it seems this thread has degenerated into endless head-bashing as well. sigh. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

15/18, maybe PM would be so kind as to clarify how I have strayed from true knowledge.

I'm under the impression that there are more than 6 million Muslims in the world- Didn't I read Over a Billion Served, somewhere? I know it's a very big franchise.

I seem to have read into the question too much on the Shi'a: I doubt that Shi'a consider their schism political, because to Shi'a believers, it originally involved a difference of opinion about the divinely-ordained legacy of the Prophet. Considering that, I leaned toward the answer alluding to leadership.

I was completely unaware that Elijah Muhammad is recognized, beyond America's Nation of Islam, as a Prophet of God. Which makes me curious- How many pilgrims from abroad come to Sandersville, Georgia to pay their respects each year?

Although I answered it "correctly", I suspect that the question about the Prophet's wives could be an attempt to pull a fast one, regarding some of the various controversies, or avoided subjects, involving the ages, independence/freedom/bondage, and divorces of certain among them. These really don't interest me all that much, but it seemed like a way to discount allegations about other wives while asking about the first. I know that Muhammed's first wife was older, but I also remember historical references to some of his marriages, perhaps politically-driven ones, that involved girls who would be considered well under age by today's prevailing standards. Carefully splitting hairs between which wife was which, seems less like the intent of the question as to dispell pesky controversy.

I think it's beneficial for people everywhere to learn more about Islam. Still, this test had a couple of small hiccups for me, where some questions almost seemed like an attempt to gloss over controversy, and like an attempt to package Islam for a specific audience. Ma'lesh, salaam.

Wait a minute here, it was a while since I took the quiz, but I seem to remember the Elijah Muhammed question saying he wasn't a prophet, and that the real muhammed only had one wife. I did wonder about the 6 million muslims, that's not very many. I too seem to remember various references to 2 billion or so.

edit: wait, the 6 million was american muslims wasn't it? I can't remember for sure. There was a worldwide muslim count question wasn't there?

Proud_Muslim said:
Or perhaps you should look at Alexander the Great battles first !! eh ? :rolleyes:
Yeah and if you want to play this stupid game then lets go back to Xerxes or Darius' invasion of europe.

Nexus, I went back through, and you're right, the question was about American Muslims (3-6 Million), not world Muslim population. And the Elijah Muhammed question does dismiss him as a Prophet- I think I clicked Adam as not Prophet, forgetting that you don't have to predict anything in Islam to be one, but just be God's Ambassador, and also forgetting that if Adam was (bling) the first man, there would have been no competition for the job.

I didn't read very carefully, so the confusion was mostly self-induced. I still think there's something a little slippery about the test's treatment of Muhammed's wives, and of the Shi'a schism.

Proud_Muslim said:
Or perhaps you should look at Alexander the Great battles first !! eh ? :rolleyes:

You're a fool.

In 323 BC, Alexander was planning a voyage around Arabia when he caught a fever, dying at 33.

Muhammed was born at Mecca in 570 AD, about nine centuries after the death of Alexander.

Islam did NOT EXIST when Alexander was alive.

How in GOD's NAME did you think Alexander had anything to do with the attack or oppression of Islam?

EDIT:

For Allah's sake, man, Alexander lived and died three full centuries before the birth of Christ!

Are you seriously this oblivious?

Last edited:
Or perhaps you should look at Alexander the Great battles first !! eh
Do you know anything about history? Alexander the great died before muhammed was born and islam founded, and even before christianity was founded, so alexander the great didnt invade any muslim land, didnt i warn you not to play the 'you attacked us first' game?

Back