Telekinesis/Pyrokinesis

Ok, paper ignites at about 411 degrees F, hence the title of the nove , which was about book burning. Can anyone truly believe that a monk can raise his temperature from 98.4 to 411 degrees F .

These charlatans rely on people believing what they believe they see ( sleight of hand ) without thinking the thing through. Many onlooker want to believe, of course: the old business of mind over matter

Well, DUH!!! yourself! :mad: I'm well aware of all of that. Once again, do you think you're talking to some little snot-nosed kid instead of a retired resercher well over 60?? (You seem to have trouble remembering things like that.)

And why is that you old folks claim to be retired researchers and do not know how to Google and getting Diarrhea of the brain? If you had done your home work, you would know this for starters.

What your age got to do with knowing and trending what goes on in the research labs around the world. Or, are you saying that because you are old, you should be forgiven for your Duh!

I do not want to even ask you what you were researching...the red light blocks in Amsterdam?:)

Please keep up with the new age...I do not have the time to teach you Systems Dynamics and exponential nature of the scietific development. Ray Kurzweil has already done that...just buy his book and read...atleast that you can do.

And Happy New Year...do not want to start the new year with the wrong foot. Take it easy...

[Note to myself: BillyT and Read-only are old folks, handle with care :)]

And why is that you old folks claim to be retired researchers and do not know how to Google and getting Diarrhea of the brain? If you had done your home work, you would know this for starters.

What your age got to do with knowing and trending what goes on in the research labs around the world. Or, are you saying that because you are old, you should be forgiven for your Duh!

I do not want to even ask you what you were researching...the red light blocks in Amsterdam?:)

Please keep up with the new age...I do not have the time to teach you Systems Dynamics and exponential nature of the scietific development. Ray Kurzweil has already done that...just buy his book and read...atleast that you can do.

And Happy New Year...do not want to start the new year with the wrong foot. Take it easy...

[Note to myself: BillyT and Read-only are old folks, handle with care :)]

OK, that cuts it - I won't ever respond to another of your rather dreamy posts. (Which cover the vast majority of them.) I can tell from having read many of your post in the past that've I've kept up with a far wider range of scientific interests than you ever have.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to take this time to post a warning to people intfreseted in thsi subject or making ameture attempts.

There are too many fail safe mechanism built in to prevent such mishaps. The only way one can do amazing feats is awakening Kundalini. That is not easy to do. My first try messed me up for 3 days. So, I decided not to try again until after retirement.

OK, that cuts it, bug off, jerk - I won't ever respond to another of your rather stupid, dreaming posts. (Which cover the vast majority of them.) I can tell from having read many of your post in the past that've I've kept up with a far wider range of scientific interests than you ever have.

So you think you've got problems with this guy ? Tell me about it !

OK, that cuts it, bug off, jerk - I won't ever respond to another of your rather stupid, dreaming posts. (Which cover the vast majority of them.) I can tell from having read many of your post in the past that've I've kept up with a far wider range of scientific interests than you ever have.

Looks like calling name suits you, perhaps because you are one? And what is your professional background anyway? Have you contributed any orginal ideas to science and engineering in those wide range of disciplines you are keeping up?, if so please do tell. Let us find out what you are made of? The forum members have a right to know because of your claim. How many patents you have received in science and engineering? How much dollar value you contributed to the companies you worked for? So tell us the facts you so cherish!

You know I will give it back, why are you commenting on my posts anyway? and what about brain prosthetics? Was that a stupid fact by new scientist? When I bring up the facts you call me jerk? Are you losing your marbles? Do you know that in seven years and thousands of forum members you are the first person to call me Jerk? Is that because of your really old age?

So you think you've got problems with this guy ? Tell me about it !

Yeah, he considers himself some sort of scientist but has no respect for those of us who do/did work in real scientific fields. A common syndrome - the amateurs always consider themselves more knowledgeable than the professionals.

And yet, while claiming to respect science, he believes in Kundalini and other such mystical nonsense and cannot even see the irony!

And yet, while claiming to respect science, he believes in Kundalini and other such mystical nonsense and cannot even see the irony!

Are you saying we can not discuss Kundalini in Parapsychology?

Are you saying we can not discuss Kundalini in Parapsychology?

You can discuss kundalini, your chakras and anything else . Just don't be surprised if you get laughd at...I assume that is allowed.

Your thinking strikes me as being rather wooly. You hear of a monk who is said to be able to raise his temperature such that paper ignites in his hand. Instead of dismisssing it as nonsense, you start speculating about atoms or subatomic particles in our brains and whether we might be able to do this that and the other with them. It never occurs to you to consider what rise in temperature would be necessary to ignite the paper.

My way was to get to the heart of the mystery. I asked myself what rise in temperature would be necesary and calculated that it would from 98.4 to 411 degrees F. This immediately shows that the whole thing is nonsense, so no more need be said. Had I not intervened with some common sense, never mind a scientific approach, you would still be speculating. Doubtless you would have mentioned it to someone else. That is how such rubbish circulates and is believed by the credible. You, yourself, were influenced in the same manner and by books which you read uncritically.

So , by all means tell us about the Kundalini. if for no other reason than to explain what the hell you hope to gain by practising such nonsense. Why not levitate and save a few air miles?

Has it ever occured to you that if you could demonstrate some paranormal phenomen, you would simply be showing it to be normal.

You may have read a book or two on science but you have not learned to think critically. I suspect such ability is innate and that you lack it.Best leave science alone.

As for your remarks about patents and so on, do you expect everyone who claims to be a scientis to have taken out patents ? What a silly notion ! You could, of course. always floor us with details of patents which you hold for yogic flying, raising Kundalini and so on. But , in the end , we are all judged by the quality of our arguments, not by what we claim to know.

Last edited:
As much as I have enjoyed you all tossing insults at one another, it is all irrelevant to my post. Kmguru chooses to believe in things such as Kundalini, that's why we have Parapsychology. Always remember to keep an open mind on EVERYTHING, and question EVERYTHING. Isn't that what drives a scientist? Yes, patents and innovations are wonderful. However science covers a wide area.

You simply have to respect the opinions of people such as Read-Only, if not for that generation of scientist where would the world be today? Simply because Read-Only wishes to stick with hard evidence, that is his call and his choice. 30 years and we'll be the old fogey's.

To a sufficiently high temperature to ignite paper ?

did i say that? no.....However it implies that increases in temperature through the mind ARE possible. Thats all I was trying to say. The implications of being able to raise your body temperature through your mind are interesting to me.

As much as I have enjoyed you all tossing insults at one another, it is all irrelevant to my post. Kmguru chooses to believe in things such as Kundalini, that's why we have Parapsychology. Always remember to keep an open mind on EVERYTHING, and question EVERYTHING. Isn't that what drives a scientist? Yes, patents and innovations are wonderful. However science covers a wide area.

You simply have to respect the opinions of people such as Read-Only, if not for that generation of scientist where would the world be today? Simply because Read-Only wishes to stick with hard evidence, that is his call and his choice. 30 years and we'll be the old fogey's.

Thank you, Beans, I and others appreciate that.:) Yes, this IS the parapsychology section and I fully understand that. The only thing that really bothers me people that appear on here and start talking about very fanciful things and presenting them as solid FACT. As someone who dealt with actual facts for well over 30 years, that sort of rubs me the wrong way - that's all. Speculation is fine (that's where all ideas came from originally) - but idle speculation should be presented as such and not as fact.

If someone wants to believe that a human can ignite paper and move objects using only their mine, that's fine. The world still has plenty of room for foolish people.;) Just don't expect those with fully working and rational minds to simply accept such outlandish claims without questioning it and/or asking for proof. While many things are possible, some things are not - no matter how much one wants to believe in it.

Just give me some solid proof of those wild things some of you want me to blindly accept as fact and I will honestly and sincerely apologize immediately.

did i say that? no.....However it implies that increases in temperature through the mind ARE possible. Thats all I was trying to say. The implications of being able to raise your body temperature through your mind are interesting to me.

I never suggested anything. I just asked you a question.

I agree with you. But I'm sure you didn't expect responses from believers only.

In the meantime why not explain the benefits of being able to raise Kundalinini or whatever else you do. I will not attempt to dazzle you with science because I have no need to prove anything to you.

You are miss-stating my posts. You are attacking me rather than sticking to the topic. So, I have no choice but attack back and tell you that not only you do not understand the differences between different topics, but you are a religious bigot who only attacks other religions and beliefs that is not your own, without that critical thinking.

Because your understanding is so low, I have to explain my own posts because you do not understand basics of the terms used or context to the other posts. This derails the topic at hand.

For example, I replied to the post Rabon made that it is dangerous to play with the mind and I agreed with him. when you play with auto-hypnosis or similar activities, you are asking for trouble. I even provided a reference at Wiki about Kundalini. Yet since you have very little understanding of that and could not read...you attacked without understanding what is being said. I understand, old people have a fixed mental model of the world around them and can not change or assimilate new information. But you, instead of asking questions, attacked me. If you know every thing about Kundalini, I suggest editing the Wiki. Are you an old man too? In the last 8 years on this forum, another old man had similar problems on speculation. His head exploded if he read anyone speculating ...of all places in pseudoscience!

As to Pyrokinesis, I never said people can do that but then how does the human combustion occurs if people body function is not causing it? You do not want to discuss real issues or stick to the topic. You want to derail the topic because you did not like it...same for the other old man who keeps derailing without asking questions.

Why don't you stick to the topic? And if you want to think critically, start with the virgin birth or ascending to heaven! You know, you can start new threads. Let us see how critical your thinking is.

BTW, if you watch history channel, you will see documentaries on Telekinesis by Russian experimenters. Atleast Read-Only brought up as to the limits of brain power level and asked a good question! He just did not understand my reply, and when he did, he said, it will not happen that we would not be able to build a gadget to manipulate matter or that brain prosthetics are impossible.

You are miss-stating my posts. You are attacking me rather than sticking to the topic. So, I have no choice but attack back and tell you that not only you do not understand the differences between different topics, but you are a religious bigot who only attacks other religions and beliefs that is not your own, without that critical thinking.

Because your understanding is so low, I have to explain my own posts because you do not understand basics of the terms used or context to the other posts. This derails the topic at hand.

For example, I replied to the post Rabon made that it is dangerous to play with the mind and I agreed with him. when you play with auto-hypnosis or similar activities, you are asking for trouble. I even provided a reference at Wiki about Kundalini. Yet since you have very little understanding of that and could not read...you attacked without understanding what is being said. I understand, old people have a fixed mental model of the world around them and can not change or assimilate new information. But you, instead of asking questions, attacked me. If you know every thing about Kundalini, I suggest editing the Wiki. Are you an old man too? In the last 8 years on this forum, another old man had similar problems on speculation. His head exploded if he read anyone speculating ...of all places in pseudoscience!

As to Pyrokinesis, I never said people can do that but then how does the human combustion occurs if people body function is not causing it? You do not want to discuss real issues or stick to the topic. You want to derail the topic because you did not like it...same for the other old man who keeps derailing without asking questions.

Why don't you stick to the topic? And if you want to think critically, start with the virgin birth or ascending to heaven! You know, you can start new threads. Let us see how critical your thinking is.

BTW, if you watch history channel, you will see documentaries on Telekinesis by Russian experimenters. Atleast Read-Only brought up as to the limits of brain power level and asked a good question! He just did not understand my reply, and when he did, he said, it will not happen that we would not be able to build a gadget to manipulate matter or that brain prosthetics are impossible.

I warned you that your thiking was a bit wooly. Well. in the first instance, I am an atheist so your babbling about god is irrelevant. Did you work out that the virgin birth is nonsense or did you have to read it somewhere ? I knew that when I was fourteen.

I have seen documentaries on telekinesis but nothing that has convinced me. Why do you reject virgin birth but accept telekinesis. Scarcely logical is it ?

I suggest you direct your question to James Randi. He offers a huge reward to anyone who can demonstrate such phenomena under "controlled conditions". That's why he has not had to spend a penny inthe last fifteen years.

I don't know how human combustion occurs or even if it occurs. Submit your question to James Randi, the author I have already mentioned.

Well, at least we have established that your psychic powers are on the wane because you assumed I was a god-botherer. You had a fifty-fifty chance of being right but you got it wrong. You are also wrong when you say I know nothing of Kundalini. I have come across several references to it over the years.

As to your having to fight back, why not just ignore me as I am going to do you from now on. Feel free to have the last word if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Looks like we will not resolve anything this way...but taking your suggestion I will ignore you from now on....happy trolling...

Back