Telekinesis/Pyrokinesis

Sure - so what?? The cannot raise their body temp to the point of igniting paper. What does that have to do with the title of this thread?

I will agree there is no proof of pyrokinesis......but there is evidence of such possibilities.....like the raising of body temp.
Im not saying I belive that pyrokinesis is real.....but I am saying there is room for the possibilty and could be plausable.....

and yes you are right about the chemicals on the hands for the chi demonstration that lights paper on fire. There was a investigative report on the matter that concluded igniting chemicals were at use.

Regardless though we cannot assume we know what the human body can and cannot do.......we only KNOW what science tells us and science is always on-going.

I will agree there is no proof of pyrokinesis......but there is evidence of such possibilities.....like the raising of body temp.
Im not saying I belive that pyrokinesis is real.....but I am saying there is room for the possibilty and could be plausable.....

and yes you are right about the chemicals on the hands for the chi demonstration that lights paper on fire. There was a investigative report on the matter that concluded igniting chemicals were at use.

Regardless though we cannot assume we know what the human body can and cannot do.......we only KNOW what science tells us and science is always on-going.

And regardless of what science may discover, they aren't one day going to find that people can fly on their on, "project" energy from their minds to perform various physical acts, etc. There are limitations on what the human mind can do and ALL of those things are way beyond it.

It's all like the one instance you mentioned - nothing but simple trickery. And only the simple minds will fall for it.

And regardless of what science may discover, they aren't one day going to find that people can fly on their on, "project" energy from their minds to perform various physical acts, etc. There are limitations on what the human mind can do and ALL of those things are way beyond it.

It's all like the one instance you mentioned - nothing but simple trickery. And only the simple minds will fall for it.

How can you assume if one instance is a trick ALL instances are a trick? If you weren't implying that sorry.
If you were doesnt that go against the scientific process?

So by saying
There are limitations on what the human mind can do and ALL of those things are way beyond it.

you are also saying
"I know everything about the mind and what it is and is not capable of."

and by saying:

you are saying that if one instance of an event is a trick......thereby ALL instances of the same even are tricks as well?

If this is not what your saying sorry again, but this seems to be my take on what you are trying to say.

How can you assume if one instance is a trick ALL instances are a trick? If you weren't implying that sorry.
If you were doesnt that go against the scientific process?

So by saying

you are also saying
"I know everything about the mind and what it is and is not capable of."

and by saying:

you are saying that if one instance of an event is a trick......thereby ALL instances of the same even are tricks as well?

If this is not what your saying sorry again, but this seems to be my take on what you are trying to say.

Let me try to consolidate it all for you.

Yes, they are ALL tricks - humans are not able to do those things using their minds alone. And, no, I certainly do not know the full range of human capabilities BUT I do know some things are WAY beyond them.

Can you - or anyone else - cause you body to float up in the air by mind power alone? Can you hold your breath underwater unaided for an hour? Can you look at a tree and push it over with just your mind?

No one can do those things. That's what I mean by limitations - every one of those things is totally impossible.

All of those people are just magicians - illusionists - tricksters. like Houdini was and David Copperfield and others are today. Would you actually believe that Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty vanish? Of course not. And neither should you believe ANYONE can do all those outrageous claims they make.

Let me try to consolidate it all for you.

Yes, they are ALL tricks - humans are not able to do those things using their minds alone. And, no, I certainly do not know the full range of human capabilities BUT I do know some things are WAY beyond them.

Can you - or anyone else - cause you body to float up in the air by mind power alone? Can you hold your breath underwater unaided for an hour? Can you look at a tree and push it over with just your mind?

No one can do those things. That's what I mean by limitations - every one of those things is totally impossible.

All of those people are just magicians - illusionists - tricksters. like Houdini was and David Copperfield and others are today. Would you actually believe that Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty vanish? Of course not. And neither should you believe ANYONE can do all those outrageous claims they make.

Well I do see what your getting at. Because the ability to do such tricks exists and can be demonstrated, without scientific proof the only explanation is a trick and therefor can only be a trick every time unless proven otherwise.

Logical Thought process, however.....

I dont feel right in assuming that I know what is possible and what is not possible. Just a personal approach to my reality. :)

If you can have Tele-phone and Tele-vision, I am sure you can have Tele-kinesis. But you have to build the device first and integrate to your brain.

If you can have Tele-phone and Tele-vision, I am sure you can have Tele-kinesis. But you have to build the device first and integrate to your brain.

Really? And how are you going to power it enough to move more than a tiny speck of dust? The human brain can only generate a few milliwatts at most - and it needs all of that for it's regular functions.

Really? And how are you going to power it enough to move more than a tiny speck of dust? The human brain can only generate a few milliwatts at most - and it needs all of that for it's regular functions.

Duh! The same way you power the Television stations. It is called Electricity.

Duh! The same way you power the Television stations. It is called Electricity.

Then you would have to be connected to an external power source just like they are. And we aren't going to spend our lives dragging a long extension cord along with us.

It doesn't matter anyway, because you are talking much more science fiction than you are science.

Then you would have to be connected to an external power source just like they are. And we aren't going to spend our lives dragging a long extension cord along with us.

It doesn't matter anyway, because you are talking much more science fiction than you are science.

Another Duh! Today we are developing brain implants so that paraplegics can use artificial motor devices and communicate. That is no science fiction, it is science. By 2040 (see Kurzweil site), the computers and nonotechnology can provide full brain interfaces.

The brain commands can be relayed by such implantable devices to a short distance where it is picked up by a higher power device for action. We live in a rural area where cell phone coverage is spotty. So we installed a repeater at home to communicate better.

Then again by 2040, who knows what new technology will be invented to do the work.

Pyrokinesis is being able to do anything to do with fire using only the mind. The word pyrokinesis comes from the Greek word for fire, "πυρ" (pir), and "κίνησις" (kínisis), movement, motion, a suffix that denotes movement. -Wikipedia

Perhaps...if our mind can excite atoms at a atomic or subatomic level, then there would be a lot of unintended fires...besides those who get burnt due to spontaneous human combustion did not do it to themselves. No body knows how those things happen. Theories from methane gas to body'es ability to burn glucose thus igniting fat cells abound...That is a whole different can of worms!

Another Duh! Today we are developing brain implants so that paraplegics can use artificial motor devices and communicate. That is no science fiction, it is science. By 2040 (see Kurzweil site), the computers and nonotechnology can provide full brain interfaces.

The brain commands can be relayed by such implantable devices to a short distance where it is picked up by a higher power device for action. We live in a rural area where cell phone coverage is spotty. So we installed a repeater at home to communicate better.

Then again by 2040, who knows what new technology will be invented to do the work.

Well, DUH!!! yourself! :mad: I'm well aware of all of that. Once again, do you think you're talking to some little snot-nosed kid instead of a retired resercher well over 60?? (You seem to have trouble remembering things like that.)

The things you've just mentioned are a LONG way from being as real as your imagined devices. It's doubtful - from my perspective - that 32 years is long enough to take us into that realm. Right now, the best we can do is control artifical limbs and even that does NOT directly interface with the brain itself but rather through nerve endings that have been servered in the loss of those limbs. Again - far from what you seem to believe.

One question and a suggestion:
Q. At what temperature does paper ignite ? Does anyone remember the book or the film " Fahreheit ...". and how about damage to human flesh, normal temp 94.8 degrees F.

Suggestion: If you have not read James Randi , Psychgic Investigator. do so and you will get an insight into how all tricks of the kind we are discussing are done. He offers a substantial reward to anyone who, under controlled conditions, can perform tricks which he cannot explain. Yuri Geller, the spoon bender, refused to take Randi up on his offer.

Perhaps...if our mind can excite atoms at a atomic or subatomic level, then there would be a lot of unintended fires...besides those who get burnt due to spontaneous human combustion did not do it to themselves. No body knows how those things happen. Theories from methane gas to body'es ability to burn glucose thus igniting fat cells abound...That is a whole different can of worms!

If this, then that. If not, then something else and so on and on and on. A rational mind is not interested in such vague speculation; it seeks proof, which is never forthcoming under controlled conditions.

I see, its just that i never tried starting a fire by use of my body.

i would like to take this time to post a warning to people intfreseted in thsi subject or making ameture attempts.

NEVER USE YOUR BRAIN TO EXCERCISE ANY POWER OVER A OBJECT, IN OTHER WORDS DO NOT PROJECT TO A OBJECT USING
YOUR HEAD, WHICH CONTAINS YOUR BRAIN.
ANY SUCH PROJECTIONS TO A OBJECT TO CAUSE A PREFORMANCE IN THE OJECT SUCH AS LEVITAION, MOTION OR EVEN COMBUSTION, SHOULD ONLY BE PREFORMED WITH THE USE OF THE BODY (A PART OF THE BODY OTHER THAN THE HEAD)
NEVER ATTEMPT TO FOCUS THE BODY ON ANY OBJECT GREATER THAN 6 POUNDS (2.7KG).
IN ATTEMPTING TO EXERCISE POWER OVER A OBJECT WITHOUT PHSYICAL CONTACT, 6 POUNDS(2.7KG) IS THE SAFTY LIMIT FOR THE FOCUS OF THE ENITRE BODY, A ARM OR LEG OR FINGER CAN NOT SAFTELY EXERCISE POWER OVER A 6 POUND OBJECT. SO OBJECTS OF LIGHTER WEIGHT MUST BE USED FOR THESE SMALLER AREAS OF THE BODY WHEN THEY ARE FOCUSED ON A OBJECT.
THE BRAIN (A ORGAN OF THE HEAD) IS A SENSTIVE INSTRUMENT DO NOT DAMAGE IT SEEKING TO PLAY GAMES OF ENTERTAIMENT SUCH AS LEVIATION,PYROKENESIS ECT... THE WORLD THAT WE LIVE WAS MADE TO BE MOVED WITH THE HAND.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Back