Telekinesis/Pyrokinesis

Beans

Yee-Haw
Registered Senior Member
Ive seen quite a few video's with "psi-wheels" and the sort. But what about the real thing? Monks can heat their hands and set paper on fire. How does this work? And don't tell me "chi"

Ive seen quite a few video's with "psi-wheels" and the sort. But what about the real thing? Monks can heat their hands and set paper on fire. How does this work? And don't tell me "chi"

Actually, it's neither chi nor shakti tantra. There's only one real word for all of that stuff - fake!

And what is your proof of it being fake, all mighty Read-Only?

The simple fact that those things are impossible to do using only the mind. Not one of those people who claim they can do it can ever do so under controlled conditions. (Meaning not allowing them to place chemicals on the paper beforehand, etc.)

Oh, and I sould also have included another word in my original post - trickery. But of course that still equates to fake.

And a question for YOU - what makes you so sure it's real?

Why would a monastery, far hidden from the world want to learn such Tantras unless they could actually do it. They are not trying to "show" off their ways but when outsiders come to them the outsiders can view for themselves as to what they do.

There's no hidden agenda of trying to fool others for what can they gain except only to fool themselves for they are very secluded way up in the mountains. They don't claim anything, they just do it for free for their own enlightenment, NOT YOURS! :)

Why would a monastery, far hidden from the world want to learn such Tantras unless they could actually do it. They are not trying to "show" off their ways but when outsiders come to them the outsiders can view for themselves as to what they do.

There's no hidden agenda of trying to fool others for what can they gain except only to fool themselves for they are very secluded way up in the mountains. They don't claim anything, they just do it for free for their own enlightenment, NOT YOURS! :)

You're not thinking it through fully, CT. They do it to impress the locals and thereby gain status. The very same sort of thing is very common among many groups of people - isolated or otherwise. (Think voodoo, black magic, shamans, so-called 'surgeons' that remove "internal tumors" from people with their bare hands without breaking the skin, etc. There are more variations than I care to name.)

Hacks.

I can only say that there are the fakers, charlatans and tricksters everywhere in this world but again I ask what is it they gain from poor pesant people they live with most of which live in poverty. What can they get for all of their trickery as you say? A few bowls of rice, a glass of water? That's about all they live on where they are because few other crops are grown there. I just can't see why someone can meditate so deeply that they can almost stop their heart from beating and you think it is a trick. Scientists have gone there and found that that can be proved as well as many other things they do. Perhaps you should be a little more open minded when it comes to the open mind!;)

I can only say that there are the fakers, charlatans and tricksters everywhere in this world but again I ask what is it they gain from poor pesant people they live with most of which live in poverty. What can they get for all of their trickery as you say? A few bowls of rice, a glass of water? That's about all they live on where they are because few other crops are grown there. I just can't see why someone can meditate so deeply that they can almost stop their heart from beating and you think it is a trick. Scientists have gone there and found that that can be proved as well as many other things they do. Perhaps you should be a little more open minded when it comes to the open mind!;)

I've no problem with them controlling heart rate and/or respiration. But I do have a problem with having such an open mind that my brains would fall out and cause me to believe sheer nonsense.;)

And you say you actually believe those tricks but DON'T believe in the importance of status among a group of people???? That's one of the very basic drives common to almost everyone - gaining status, respect and a degree of power!! Aside from hunger, thirst and sex, it doesn't come any more basic than that...

Two words:

Psychic Detectives.

Two more words: Also fakes.

If those people could actually do what the claim, wouldn't every major police dept. have at least one ot two on full-time staff? The would save MILLIONS on investigative work!

Why is it, you suppose, that NONE of them do?????

And you say you actually believe those tricks but DON'T believe in the importance of status among a group of people???? That's one of the very basic drives common to almost everyone - gaining status, respect and a degree of power!! Aside from hunger, thirst and sex, it doesn't come any more basic than that...

My thoughts are that some humans can do some very interesting with their "mind over body" thinking. I'm in total agreement with you that their are more fakers and cheats out there than the real deal. That being said it is interesting, to me, that the use of the techniques some humans have achieved is remarkable, but some are improbable.

My thoughts are that some humans can do some very interesting with their "mind over body" thinking. I'm in total agreement with you that their are more fakers and cheats out there than the real deal. That being said it is interesting, to me, that the use of the techniques some humans have achieved is remarkable, but some are improbable.

Well, I've been waiting for well over 50 years for proof that someone - anyone - can do those things using nothing more than their minds.

And guess what? I'm still waiting...

You're not thinking it through fully, CT. They do it to impress the locals and thereby gain status. The very same sort of thing is very common among many groups of people - isolated or otherwise. (Think voodoo, black magic, shamans, so-called 'surgeons' that remove "internal tumors" from people with their bare hands without breaking the skin, etc. There are more variations than I care to name.)

You're saying buddhist monks, living in an isolated monastery, trying to find nirvana, meaning a complete non-material state, are using their training to achieve material status in the world, which goes against what they are actually trying to achieve? Are you sure you've thought this through? Just because we Americans, have so called psychics who sell their "talents" for money and notoriety doesn't means people in other countries are.

The simple fact that those things are impossible to do using only the mind. Not one of those people who claim they can do it can ever do so under controlled conditions. (Meaning not allowing them to place chemicals on the paper beforehand, etc.)

Oh, and I sould also have included another word in my original post - trickery. But of course that still equates to fake.

Its been documented that meditation in monks increases body temperature......
http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

Back