Talking about god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as i said before, i find atheism a bit of a strangity; afterall, there are so many things we can't attempt to contemplate, an infinite amount of suggestions, and whilst they may seem pertinant, they also remain the most irrelevant, since there is an infinite amount of spacetime for an infinite amount of possibilities and proabilities for such a divine entity...
In short, let's not be selfish.
None of which, in any way, suggests the presence of a universal god. Simple really.

I know it is. The question really is, as a scientist, why don't you?

Because I don't adopt versions of psychology that are unverifiable.

Plus, when was the last time you saw homophobia in any species?

Its a social disorder of aberrant conditioning; like Nazi eugenics, thinking about it does not make it true.

Simple? It was a suggestion.

It suggested that a God of omnipotancy might be [a] probability in a universe of infinite possibilities.

Why? I think the supernatural is like science fiction; its a taste of whats there, just not at this time.

Science fiction is merely taking science oriented concepts and pushing the limits on imagination.

I can only conclude your analogy is the same, that the supernatural is merely the imaginative pushing the limits of reality oriented concepts.

Unverifiable? I think your confusing science with religion.

Humans.

Don't know of any other. It may be completely specific to humans.

Unless your argument is that since it dosen't exist in other species it just dosen't exist?

So since writing has not been observed in other species, humans really don't write, right?

Its a social disorder of aberrant conditioning; like Nazi eugenics, thinking about it does not make it true.
Uh Oh. She pulled the "Nazi" card...

Unverifiable? I think your confusing science with religion.

Humans.

Don't know of any other. It may be completely specific to humans.

Unless your argument is that since it dosen't exist in other species it just dosen't exist?

So since writing has not been observed in other species, humans really don't write, right?

Hmm so your definition of evolutionary psychology includes a behavioural trait with no known genetic basis that may be specific to humans?

And this is your opinion of rational thinking?

And writing is suddenly evolutionary behaviour?

Truth about beliefs? You really should use the dictionary more often.
Shall we start another thread dedicated to the definition of "truth" again? And beat what we understand as it's common usage in a discussion to death?

I'll leave you to it.

Ok. Let me help you.
Nothing in your precious writings points to a single way to test or observe this god they all speak of. You yourself know this. Therefore, unsupported rhetoric. QED.

never encountered a normative description in scripture?

BG 4.10 Being freed from attachment, fear and anger, being fully absorbed in Me and taking refuge in Me, many, many persons in the past became purified by knowledge of Me—and thus they all attained transcendental love for Me.

Tell me do you have supernatural powers to judge a book by its cover or are you widely read in religious issues?

Not at all. Every theist I have ever spoken to has gone through or is going through a crisis of faith. It is fully documented that this happens all the time.
what?
all three of them?

Nice try, strawman.
too late

you let the cat slip out of the bag by making a negative claim
;)

Show some evidence that god did it. Or give up.
and if I say the answer is practice and you give up on (or more realistically, never begin), what then?

Hmm so your definition of evolutionary psychology includes a behavioural trait with no known genetic basis that may be specific to humans?

And this is your opinion of rational thinking?

And writing is suddenly evolutionary behaviour?
Of course. Every behavior is evolutionary. You really should read literature more.

I never said that you man of straw.

erm - yes you did

You don't even know that your god(s) exist. You pray, you hope, you take any individual positive result and proclaim, for the masses, that, Hear Ye! I was sick, asked for god's help, and I got better! Halle-fucking-lujah!

:D

so tell us how you know this (simple answer please)

Here's another from your side of the fence:

"I think that naming your ignorance God and pretending that, having named it, you have converted ignorance to knowledge is a sorry approach to the unknown."
It's your own ignorance to think that we name our ignorance "God".

Surely you must also recognize the difference between 'know' and 'believe'?

Nice to see at least that you describe it as 'unknown'...

Sung to a "Mary Poppins" tune:

"Hum-diddle-diddle-diddle-hum-diddle-i
Hum-diddle-diddle-diddle-hum-diddle-i
Necrohippoflagellation, theists love to use it.
Even though the horse has died, they will still abuse it.
If they beat it long enough, they think you must enthuse it.
Necrohippoflagellation, theists can't refuse it."

Alt.Atheism

The truth be known, that God is so beyond the observer, that He cannot be proven nor disproven. The old ab><ba variable raises its head.

Of course. Every behavior is evolutionary. You really should read literature more.

Of course it is, hence the triumph of intellect over instinct.

Don't worry, I read a lot more scientific literature than pop science.

And I don't confuse opinions with facts.

Sung to a "Mary Poppins" tune:

"Hum-diddle-diddle-diddle-hum-diddle-i
Hum-diddle-diddle-diddle-hum-diddle-i
Necrohippoflagellation, theists love to use it.
Even though the horse has died, they will still abuse it.
If they beat it long enough, they think you must enthuse it.
Necrohippoflagellation, theists can't refuse it."

Alt.Atheism

championing the cause of ankle biting or something?
:rolleyes:

never encountered a normative description in scripture?

BG 4.10 Being freed from attachment, fear and anger, being fully absorbed in Me and taking refuge in Me, many, many persons in the past became purified by knowledge of Me—and thus they all attained transcendental love for Me.
Wow. That is sooo impressively uninformative.

and if I say the answer is practice and you give up on (or more realistically, never begin), what then?
I laugh at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back