Sylvia Brown

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!

Sylva Browne is a good name, and needs to get a better day job, but if she keeps talking slang, someone's gonna ... never mind. Might get tempa-baned.

I wish tiassa were my form of presentation. If I had a tiassa like mind I may concieve of a way to present Sylva frikkin Browne!

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!

Sylva Browne is a good name, and needs to get a better day job, but if she keeps talking slang, someone's gonna ... never mind. Might get tempa-baned.

I wish tiassa were my form of presentation. If I had a tiassa like mind I may concieve of a way to present Sylva frikkin Browne!

No, she doesn't need a different job at all. As long as there are foolish people in the world - and there always will be - she'll keep on being rich.

(And I don't feel the least bit sorry for those people, either. If she doesn't take their money some other con-artist will rip them off anyway.)

But isn't she just telling them what they want to hear. 'Yes, your love one is happy in heaven.'
She is smart enough to give bad news once in a while. Makes her seem more 'real'. She is on the Montel show a lot and its just so cringe worthy.

But isn't she just telling them what they want to hear. 'Yes, your love one is happy in heaven.'
She is smart enough to give bad news once in a while. Makes her seem more 'real'. She is on the Montel show a lot and its just so cringe worthy.

Yep, gotta slice & dice and mix it up to give the appearance of truth. That's also the mark of a good professional fake.

The other day i was at a party and i felt something. I thought to myself there is someone to the left of me beyond my peripheral vision they are staring at me...intensesly. Sure enough i turn my head and i was right.

The point is why can people tell when someone is staring at them?
Why can you tell someone is standing behind you?

Psychic ability? I would say YES.

Proof? YES.

The other day i was at a party and i felt something. I thought to myself there is someone to the left of me beyond my peripheral vision they are staring at me...intensesly. Sure enough i turn my head and i was right.

Proof? YES.

Not really, for the most part we all have two eyes that allow us to see. So the chances of someone with their eyes open is high. Being in a room governed by four walls, it increases the chances they would be looking your direction (Since most of the time at parties people don't tend to have their backs facing in towards the centre of the room and look at the walls.)

Sometimes there just happens to be coincidence, it's just some people make such a big deal about it.

Proof? YES.

Proof? A resounding NO!

Numerous trials have been run at various universities for the purpose of testing this very common myth. The resuts? 50/50 - just as pure chance would predict. Half the time they were right and someone was staring at them; half the time they were wrong because no one was even looking in their direction.

Although it probably doesn't apply to the situation you're talking about, there's sometimes another factor that comes into play. I used to work in a fairly noisy environemnt with several other people. It was pretty much of a steady-state sound with no change in pitch or volume. However, when someone else came pretty close to me, I could detect their presense by a slight change in the sound. We talked about it and everyone of us was constantly having the same experience. And of course, when they were that close, quite natrually they would be looking directly toward whoever was working there.

Not really, for the most part we all have two eyes that allow us to see. So the chances of someone with their eyes open is high. Being in a room governed by four walls, it increases the chances they would be looking your direction (Since most of the time at parties people don't tend to have their backs facing in towards the centre of the room and look at the walls.)

Sometimes there just happens to be coincidence, it's just some people make such a big deal about it.

There are other people in the room and i knew when i turned my head i would make eye contact with someone staring at me as if they were transfixed on an object. This was nothing more than someone watching what i was doing, the person was male so i know for sure that is all it was. Approximately 12 feet away and i felt it.

Proof? A resounding NO!

Numerous trials have been run at various universities for the purpose of testing this very common myth. The resuts? 50/50 - just as pure chance would predict. Half the time they were right and someone was staring at them; half the time they were wrong because no one was even looking in their direction.

Although it probably doesn't apply to the situation you're talking about, there's sometimes another factor that comes into play. I used to work in a fairly noisy environemnt with several other people. It was pretty much of a steady-state sound with no change in pitch or volume. However, when someone else came pretty close to me, I could detect their presense by a slight change in the sound. We talked about it and everyone of us was constantly having the same experience. And of course, when they were that close, quite natrually they would be looking directly toward whoever was working there.

You cannot test this, it is subconscious or else it is pure chance.

quite natrually they would be looking directly toward whoever was working there.

Possibly, but you can feel them, this is a significant point. We have all felt this so it is a common ability.

You cannot test this, it is subconscious or else it is pure chance.

Of course you CAN test it. Why would anyone make such a silly statement?Anything is testable. If the tests have negative results or nothing better than pure chance - as they always do - then it doesn't work. Again, you are only fooling yourself.

Of course you CAN test it. Why would anyone make such a silly statement?Anything is testable. If the tests have negative results or nothing better than pure chance - as they always do - then it doesn't work. Again, you are only fooling yourself.

So what? Look at Polygraph testing - not admissable!

Back