• Yes!!

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No!!

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Each to they're own!!

Votes: 32 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plenty of religion has supported multiple sexual partners.

Keep in mind, I'm not religious. I just pretend to be at convenient moments.

Plenty of religion has supported multiple sexual partners.

Keep in mind, I'm not religious. I just pretend to be at convenient moments.

Correct, but there is no other system of morality that states swinging is wrong. If I'm wrong, then state the source.

it is wrong for me because i really dont like being around horny naked men.

Aside from your feelings having no bearing on whether it is right or wrong, your response to horny naked men is only a conditioning of society to the female body. You cannot escape seeing some part of a woman any day. It's everywhere, and women themselves tend to adopt this and show more and more of themselves because that is what society wants.

I think fashion's leaning more toward covering up, honestly.

I find the more "respectably" I'm dressed, the more I'm dealing with potential partners who want a relationship rather than a hook-up.

I think you're correct that monogamy is a product of monotheism, a-yup.

What, are you saying you are the authority of morality? Without reasoning, there is no morality.

My statement was that only religion (religious text) states that swinging is wrong. I believe that is fact, unless you can prove me wrong.

How can anyone obtain ethics without learning them from a person and adopting or assimilating the system?

I am only asking you, where are you getting your system of ethics, which states that swinging is wrong? Your parents? Your brother? Where did they get their reasons from?

I believe you will find the root is religious teaching.

basically you are saying that non religious people have no morals.

i really dont know what you are asking me afa where did i get my system of ethics from. it is like asking me if a squirrel sat beside me would i crush its head or just leave it be. i would leave it alone, where did i get that from?

to be clear, surely i did not read that in a book. perhaps if i were 2 years old i would crush the squirrel but by 10-12 i would know better. just natural i guess.

basically you are saying that non religious people have no morals.

No, that's not what i'm saying. Religious text has a system of morality. Religious text, like the Bible, states that swinging is wrong. If you are a religous person and have that moral, that's fine. I respect that, and I will buy into that for the good of society. I am just clarifying that it is the only system that judges swinging as wrong.

i really dont know what you are asking me afa where did i get my system of ethics from. it is like asking me if a squirrel sat beside me would i crush its head or just leave it be. i would leave it alone, where did i get that from?

I don't know, you tell me. Somebody or something taught you that it was wrong to crush the squirrel.

Perhaps you like the squirrels and would not think of harming a hair on their head, but that doesn't mean that it is moral thing to let it live. I can tell you that in the United States it is a moral thing to let the squirrel live, and also a moral thing to not be a swinger. But, where did that moral come from? I believe it came from Christianity.

People aren't born with morals, they are taught. And obviously, that is something that is not happening enough and the reason we have immorality in today's society.

How about historical text? Can you name one society that advanced by promoting indiscriminate and promiscuous sexual activity?

No, because religion is part of every society in history. And many religions teach monogamy.

Some Mormons practice polygamy, and their society does advance. Apparently, it is a well-knit family to have multiple wives, at least what I've seen from special reports of Mormons who do this.

No, that's not what i'm saying. Religious text has a system of morality. Religious text, like the Bible, states that swinging is wrong. If you are a religous person and have that moral, that's fine. I respect that, and I will buy into that for the good of society. I am just clarifying that it is the only system that judges swinging as wrong.

I don't know, you tell me. Somebody or something taught you that it was wrong to crush the squirrel.

Perhaps you like the squirrels and would not think of harming a hair on their head, but that doesn't mean that it is moral thing to let it live. I can tell you that in the United States it is a moral thing to let the squirrel live, and also a moral thing to not be a swinger. But, where did that moral come from? I believe it came from Christianity.

People aren't born with morals, they are taught. And obviously, that is something that is not happening enough and the reason we have immorality in today's society.

as soon as i understood pain i knew it was wrong. same for swinging. honestly leew, where are you getting this stuff from?

as soon as i understood pain i knew it was wrong. same for swinging. honestly leew, where are you getting this stuff from?

Swinging = pain?? Honestly John, where are you getting this stuff from? :shrug:

Actually, from Philosophy 101 course whicih was critical thinking and ethical reasoning.

The problem you are having is being able to separate thinking and feeling, or rather gut feeling and intuition.

Back