Sumary of Christianity's Disproofs

water said:
How are they wrong?
What would be a right religion?
They are wrong in that all of them have false doctrine. I've been showing you how the more major religions are wrong all along. A right religion would have no false doctrines. That is boardering on an oxymoron.

Trilairian said:
They are wrong in that all of them have false doctrine. I've been showing you how the more major religions are wrong all along. A right religion would have no false doctrines. That is boardering on an oxymoron.

I don't see how they are wrong. Prove me that all religions are wrong.
That one may be derived from another doesn't automatically make it "wrong", I don't see how it would.

What is a true doctrine then? What is the true doctrine that you presume to have, and which allows you to asses other doctrines as wrong?

Prove me that all religions are wrong.

Simple, they don't agree with one another.

(Q) said:

Scientists often don't agree with one another either. Does this disprove science?

Since you know nothing of science and what they agree or disagree upon, your claim is baseless.

What's even more ridiculous is the fact you choose to compare reality with fantasy. Only children in elementary school make such comparisons. Should I carefully explain the blatant differences for you or are you able to think beyond one dimension?

(Q) said:

So your saying because they dont agree they are all wrong?

if 3 people are argueing on the shape of the world, one says flat, another cube, and yet another round, they are all wrong? Because that is what you are saying through that comment

Im not religous, I dont believe in god, but that is very poor logic you used

So your saying because they dont agree they are all wrong?

Sorry about that, usually I've been responding with a caveat, which by now was becoming redundant.

The caveat: 'all are not correct or only one is correct.'

So, we are left with the possibility that only one might actually be correct. If we look back through the scriptures of the various religions, we find that they all have blatant discrepancies that counter the very foundation on which they were created.

Not a single religion thus far has even remotely been discernable from fantasy.

But you probably already knew that.

As I said im not religous at all, Im athiest, I dont believe in god or that any are true, Religion is a big fantasy, a way to explain things we cant comprehend, instead of looking for anwsers we just say 'Because god made it that way', but thanks for clearing up what you meant

Thank you.

Im younger than everyone else here...so it can be hard to keep up. so Im looking for people to guide me

Trilairian said:
I never said they were real gods. What I am saying is that Christianity and Buddism are disproven by being copies of false Egyptian religion.

All the worlds religions are wrong.

dude you're an idiot.

Trilairian,

I repeat my questions to you:

I don't see how all religions are wrong. Prove me that all religions are wrong.
That one may be derived from another doesn't automatically make it "wrong", I don't see how it would.

What is a true doctrine then? What is the true doctrine that you presume to have, and which allows you to asses other doctrines as wrong?

I don't see how all religions are wrong.

So, you think all of them are right, some of them, what? Which one is right?

(Q) said:
I don't see how all religions are wrong.

So, you think all of them are right, some of them, what? Which one is right?

In my view, different religions are just different cars to the same goal: happiness and cessation of suffering.

Water,

If that's the case, why do you need the supernatural aspects of religion. Why gods? Why miracles? Why life after death? There are plenty of other ways to work towards happiness and cessation of suffering, aren't there?

water

So, you need to believe in a multitude of imaginary beings to find happiness? Why can't you simply find happiness in this world?

James R said:
Water,

If that's the case, why do you need the supernatural aspects of religion. Why gods? Why miracles? Why life after death? There are plenty of other ways to work towards happiness and cessation of suffering, aren't there?

I don't view those ways as "supernatural" at all. They may be considered "supernatural" and "miracles" by those who aren't practicing religion, but to practitioners, there isn't anything so special and "out of order" in religion.

I think the term "supernatural" was coined for unbelievers, not for believers.

(Q) said:
So, you need to believe in a multitude of imaginary beings to find happiness?

I don't believe in any "imaginary beings". They may be that to you, I understand that.

Why can't you simply find happiness in this world?

But I am finding it in this world. It is you who thinks I am not, or that my happiness is otherworldly.

It is true though that a particular way of finding happiness -- material possessions and sex and fame -- don't make me happy.

Back