Street cameras

Do you support government street security cameras?

• Total voters
'Should' be? Why?

For the greater good of whom?

Really, aren't we talking a matter of degree here? It seems selfevident that all societies develope a system of government in which individual freedoms are traded for 'stability and safety'. Why do you desire so much protection? Why are you willing to sacrifice personal liberty in the name of this 'protection'? Have you looked at the historical connotation of 'benevolent dictatorships'? Or do you make this up as you go along?
The greater good of society, to ensure stability. There will, of course, still be certain freedoms, but ultimately the goal is to create an environment in which everyone can be happy, comfortable, and safe.

Sure you can. You just can't have the society you envision.

No, you can't. You need civilized rules.

The greater good of society, to ensure stability. There will, of course, still be certain freedoms, but ultimately the goal is to create an environment in which everyone can be happy, comfortable, and safe.

What happens if some individuals can not 'be happy, comfortable, and safe' in a society with the restrictions you propose? Let me guess... Eliminate and / or contain, right?

For instance, I am not happy in your 'brave new world'. What will you do?

What happens if some individuals can not 'be happy, comfortable, and safe' in a society with the restrictions you propose? Let me guess... Eliminate and / or contain, right?
Every individual can be. That's the beauty of it.

For instance, I am not happy in your 'brave new world'. What will you do?

Nothing, except encourage you to move to where you are happy.:shrug:

Every individual can be. That's the beauty of it.

Don't be stupid, norsefire. That was the question. What if some individuals can't be? I gave myself as an example. Now what?

Nothing, except encourage you to move to where you are happy.:shrug:
Move where? Are there parts of the world you do not envision incorporating into your enlightened society? Parts reserved for us savages? Like the American Indian reservations, perhaps?

According to whom? What is your definition of 'society'?
The complete organism of all Humans living and interacting together

Don't be stupid, norsefire. That was the question. What if some individuals can't be? I gave myself as an example. Now what?
Then such a government would ask you why, you'd answer, and they'd adapt to you, or you could leave.

Move where? Are there parts of the world you do not envision incorporating into your enlightened society? Parts reserved for us savages? Like the American Indian reservations, perhaps?

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of different societies for different types of people.

It'd all be under one central government, and they'd still interact of course, but generally you live with people whom you are comfortable and safe with. Why not?

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of different societies for different types of people.

It'd all be under one central government, ...

You do enjoy contradicting yourself, don't you?

Last edited:
You do enjoy contradicting yourself, don't you?
How so?
And go where? It's all one central government, according to you, so where would I go?

It'd be one central government, but it's main job would be ensuring the regulation and stability and economic welfare of seperate societies. i.e, this central government governs each society differently based on the way the people want it

Therefore you'd go to where you are comfortable and welcome

“ Originally Posted by Randwolf
“ Originally Posted by Norsefire

It'd all be under one central government, ... ”

You do enjoy contradicting yourself, don't you? ”

No way. you're not that obtuse and ignorant. You know exactly how you are contradicting yourself...

*sigh*
OK, Norsefire. Let's try it again.

You don't see any inherent contradictions in the following?

“ Originally Posted by Norsefire

It'd all be under one central government, ... ”

OK, We will be patient...

The central government would regulate each society differently and respectively according to each of their interests and desires and needs, however it would be centralized in order to ensure overall stability.

The central government would regulate each society differently and respectively according to each of their interests and desires and needs, however it would be centralized in order to ensure overall stability.

What? If 'each society' is regulated differently, where does the concept of central government lie? You mean a republic or confederacy, like the US?

What? If 'each society' is regulated differently, where does the concept of central government lie? You mean a republic or confederacy, like the US?

The central government is basically many different governments for each society: it's centralized only to ensure stability overall and for economic purposes.

Back