Stoned Ape Theory

Did humans evolve their minds by eating psychedelic plants?

• Yes (Explain)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No (Explain)

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
I reckon it's a yes from me.
I have done psillocybin mushies with my dog once. It was a complete hoot, the dog was off his 'nana (as was I). He was definitely seeing the world differently.
I don't doubt the earliest humans did psychoactive drugs (humans just can't seem to get enough of them in general) and I don't doubt it gave them pathways to different levels of thought.
I've certainly taken thoughts and feelings from various benders and applied them in normal life.

:) Well, at least we know that mushrooms can cause "spiritual experiences."

Its very cool you tripped with ya dog!

10,000 years ago an ape like creature consumed a psychedelic mushroom and saw "God." He went to all his ape like friends and showed them what he had eaten, they all saw this "God" together.... and evolution of the mind began!

Do you agree or disagree?

So I am not sure how this would make the brain evolve.
Do apes like to be high?
Have they shown some proclivity towards this behaviour of enjoying the feeling of being less aware of their daily existence and that which will effect them in the short term?

How would they have communicated their experiences to the other apes? Seems to me, and what we know now, they could not do this anyway.

So what is the point?

oh, and one more thing:
Have modern apes been shown to seek out psychedelic mushrooms?

I am trying to wrap my head around this.

What if the brain does not posses this capacity\capability? How would a mushroom bring this transition about?

Why would a substance consumed have any kind of profound effect on the brain anyway? To tell you, i have not seen any evidence of this myself. So sure, if it can only be so easy. I really dont know of any substances found on this Earth that can do this.

Last edited:
Back