Sleeping with the enemy

No, you've missed the entire point of my post. It's like this:

Whites should only sleep with whites ...that they're attracted to.
Blacks should only sleep with blacks ...that they're attracted to.
Asians should only sleep with Asians ...that they're attracted to.

Onbiously the notion of 'sleeping' with anything is blurring your vision. So let's take sleeping out of the equation:

Whites should only be attracted to whites.
Blacks should only be attracted to blacks.
Asians should only be attracted to asians.

Is that racist or not?

Personally speaking, I think we should be allowed to be racist, because otherwise it will be dishonest. I believe that everyone has secretly / openly has some level of racism in their minds.

I agree. And you'll note that in virtually every large city in the world, there are sections of the city where people of like race live and mingle with those of their own race. Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Siagon, ghettos of blacks, Little Mexico, etc. They're all racists, they just pretend that they ain't.

I think everyone is a racist in some degree ...yet many, most, simply refuse to admit it even to themselves. But then, humans have been lying, even to themselves, for umpty-eleven million years or more.

Baron Max

.... So let's take sleeping out of the equation:

Whites should only be attracted to whites.
Blacks should only be attracted to blacks.
Asians should only be attracted to asians.

Is that racist or not?

Yes.

But racism isn't all bad. I think racism is natural. I just think that most people would not admit they're own feelings in the matter for fear of being labeled a "racist".

In modern western society, it's sometimes better to be a vicious murdering rapist than to be a racist! :D

Baron Max

I agree. And you'll note that in virtually every large city in the world, there are sections of the city where people of like race live and mingle with those of their own race. Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Siagon, ghettos of blacks, Little Mexico, etc. They're all racists, they just pretend that they ain't.

I think everyone is a racist in some degree ...yet many, most, simply refuse to admit it even to themselves. But then, humans have been lying, even to themselves, for umpty-eleven million years or more.

Baron Max

Only the blacks live in ghettos tho' ey max? Ah, that emotiional card keep playing it. :D

Anyway, is it ok for:

Whites to be attracted only to whites.
Blacks to be only attracted to blacks.
Asians to be only attracted to asians.

Or not? How does this fit into the picture:

Whites not being attracted to blacks.
Whites not being attracted to asians.
Blacks not being attracted to whites.
Blacks not being attracted to asians.
Asians not being attracted to whites.
Asians not being attracted to blacks.

Are both, either or neither racist?

Yes.

But racism isn't all bad. I think racism is natural. I just think that most people would not admit they're own feelings in the matter for fear of being labeled a "racist".

In modern western society, it's sometimes better to be a vicious murdering rapist than to be a racist! :D

Baron Max

A vicious murdering rapist is a murderer in any society.

Sometimes racism leads to murder.

Sometimes sexism leads to muder.

Sometimes homophobia leads to murder.

Do you think any of this may be connected in some small way....?

Only the blacks live in ghettos tho' ey max? Ah, that emotiional card keep playing it.

Yep, that's the usual idea when someone, anyone, in the western world mentions "ghetto". Why? Who do you think of when the word is used???

Anyway, is it ok for:

Whites to be attracted only to whites.
Blacks to be only attracted to blacks.
Asians to be only attracted to asians.

Or not? How does this fit into the picture:

Whites not being attracted to blacks.
Whites not being attracted to asians.
Blacks not being attracted to whites.
Blacks not being attracted to asians.
Asians not being attracted to whites.
Asians not being attracted to blacks.

Are both, either or neither racist?

You don't seem to get it. Racism is NOT about attraction ...which is an emotional sense. Racism is when, for example, you dislike/hate a person simply because he's a black (or asian or hispanic or....).

Racism is different to sexual attraction. I think everyone is a racist to some degree, though most won't admit it.

Baron Max

Well I cannot blame you for that one dependent on where you live the Black men are likely to be Gang Bangers or unemployed and the Asian fellows are more likely to be consumed by Making there VTEC Honda a Mean lean fart can machine.

Well I cannot blame you for that one dependent on where you live the Black men are likely to be Gang Bangers or unemployed and the Asian fellows are more likely to be consumed by Making there VTEC Honda a Mean lean fart can machine.

Where I live the majority of black men and asian men are hard working, family men. As are the majority of the white men.

Yep, that's the usual idea when someone, anyone, in the western world mentions "ghetto". Why? Who do you think of when the word is used???

Poveerty and racism.

You don't seem to get it. Racism is NOT about attraction ...which is an emotional sense. Racism is when, for example, you dislike/hate a person simply because he's a black (or asian or hispanic or....).
I see a connection there just because you (pretend) you don't doesn't mean there isn't one.

Racism is different to sexual attraction. I think everyone is a racist to some degree, though most won't admit it.

I am asking HOW it is different.

And yes it's all about degrees at the end of the day.....

I don't want to sleep with a black or asian man does that make me a racist or not?

It doesn't make you a racist. If you are not attracted you are not attracted. Its perfectly normal to be mostly attracted to those of your tribe or race or culture. A racist is someone who uses power and prejudice to disenfranchise, control or disempower another group. Not having sex with someone hardly fits into any of those categories.

Where I live the majority of black men and asian men are hard working, family men. As are the majority of the white men.

Hmm, then why do you say that you won't have sex with a black man or asian man? Sniffy, it's beginning to seem as if you're an avid racist, yet you seem to want someone else to accuse you. Is that it?

Explain why you won't have sex with a black or asian man. ...especially when you say what you did above.

Baron Max

It doesn't make you a racist. If you are not attracted you are not attracted. Its perfectly normal to be mostly attracted to those of your tribe or race or culture. A racist is someone who uses power and prejudice to disenfranchise, control or disempower another group. Not having sex with someone hardly fits into any of those categories.

So you don't see how my saying 'I don't find you attractive because you are black/asian' might slip into the realm of racism? Subconsiously even?

Doesn't someone saying that you shouldn't find those outside your tribe, race or culture attractive, slip into that realm?

How about if you do find those outside your race, tribe culture attractive are you racist against your own tribe, race culture for that?

Last edited:
Hmm, then why do you say that you won't have sex with a black man or asian man? Sniffy, it's beginning to seem as if you're an avid racist, yet you seem to want someone else to accuse you. Is that it?

Explain why you won't have sex with a black or asian man. ...especially when you say what you did above.

Baron Max

I like to ask questions Baron. When I ask questions I expect others to answer them for me. Or at least enter a discussion about the question. :D

But maybe I'm dishonest, childish, moronic or insane just for asking it.

Well then I fail to see a problem. Unless you just find them to be ugly an unattractive.

I like to ask questions Baron. When I ask questions I expect others to answer them for me. Or at least enter a discussion about the question.

But maybe I'm dishonest, childish, moronic or insane just for asking it.

No, no, that's fine ...simple philosophical questions can be fun and informative. But ....if you're going to do that, then you should refrain from using "I" in the scenarios. Use the all-inclusive "a person, you, he, she, they, etc". It gives the thread a little less personnel slant. If there's anything that's "dishonest, childish, moronic or insane", it's that ...putting yourself into the discussion as the "prime suspect".

Baron Max

No, no, that's fine ...simple philosophical questions can be fun and informative. But ....if you're going to do that, then you should refrain from using "I" in the scenarios. Use the all-inclusive "a person, you, he, she, they, etc". It gives the thread a little less personnel slant. If there's anything that's "dishonest, childish, moronic or insane", it's that ...putting yourself into the discussion as the "prime suspect".

Baron Max

Yes I can see how using the first person might get one into trouble. One might say I may even have anticipated it. Still, so far no-one has accused me directly of being a racist. In fact most folks have gone out of their way to point out why I might not be. How kind of them.

Still more to discuss, I think.

So you don't see how my saying 'I don't find you attractive because you are black/asian' might slip into the realm of racism? Subconsiously even?

I think the problem here is that you're trying equate attraction to racism. Racism isn't about not liking the color of someone's skin, or the type of their hair, or the width of their nostrils, etc.

Look at Lucy's comment - ".... A racist is someone who uses power and prejudice to disenfranchise, control or disempower another group. ..."

If you don't like some race because of their looks, it's an emotional think, not a racist thing. However, if because you don't like their looks, you do things to them, then it's racism.

Listen, Sniffy, racism is a complex issue and it's mostly misunderstood by many people, if not most people. Think about it ...in many instances, just the act of accusing someone of being a racist might well be a racist comment! President Osama showed his racism when he made that comment about the university professor and the Cambridge cops. It was a racist comment, and made on nation-wide tv! And yet few people called him on it ....for fear of being labeled a racist! ...LOL!

Personally, I think racism is a wonderful thing .....keeps people on their toes! ...LOL!

Baron Max

Well then I fail to see a problem. Unless you just find them to be ugly an unattractive.

Hmm. Well what does it mean when one says a whole group of people (no whole groups of people) are not attractive enough to warrant one to even consider sleeping with them?

.... Still, so far no-one has accused me directly of being a racist. In fact most folks have gone out of their way to point out why I might not be. How kind of them.

Yeah, people were just being kind. Your comment was racist, for sure, without a doubt. But ...notice how the "but" comes into play so often ...but your racism is a very mild form of racism and can be easily dismissed. Had you said, "I won't have sex with a black man because all black men are all ugly bastards and criminals and drug addicts and pimps and killers and....."

See the difference? You were nice in your statement, so people tried to be nice in their responses.

Baron Max

Hmm. Well what does it mean when one says a whole group of people (no whole groups of people) are not attractive enough to warrant one to even consider sleeping with them?

Very Picky and possibly has to high of a standard.

Back