Skepticism

I just find it very funny how these so-called skeptics completely ignore the testimony of a great many people whom previously had security clearance to work with nuclear weapons and beyond. Also the people whom you would logically associate with a high probability of viewing UFOs on a more likely occurance - Pilots, Astronauts, ATCs, radar operators.

I personally laugh at the absolute ignorance of ignoring these testimonies and frankly some pretty hard evidence over the years. I suspect people might be floored in a few decades how people today could be so ignorant despite the information out there, easily available, despite U.S government denial/coverup. I personally do not care if i'm seen as a laughing stock, where as skeptics seem very much more concerned with this. I think some of this has a lot to do with general personality.

A great deal of what's quoted in the original post is pure nonsense - probably better than 90% of it.

The guy who wrote that "testimonial" obviously has no clue how the Razor works or how it's applied. And also knows no more about the scientific method than you would expect from a small child.

Skepticism is actually a very good thing. It prevents intelligent people from believing in nonsense like astrology, fortune tellers, palm readers, ghosts, goblins and the like. It also saves a TREMENDOUS amount of resources (time money, effort) that would otherwise be wasted on crackpot ideas. Many men, and possibly a few women, have squandered a large portion of their lives trying to do things like contact the dead and invent perpetual motion or free-energy machines.

In what way does it 'prevent' them...by mind control? Sceptics don't make a blind bit of difference to anything...although let allow R-O his delusions of grandeur.

If anything they're a bunch of weirdo's. Who else would spend a life time researching ghosts and UFO's?..lol what a joke! I should know I've met them and I've spoken to them..

...put it this way Sir Patrick Moore is an expert about the Moon. Sadly he's as daft as a brush in every other regard.:D

I'm awfully sorry, Olly..I didn't realise that you weren't skeptics.

Are you merely pretending to be skeptics?

Of course everyone treats tales of hauntings and UFO's with some scepticism...why do people spell it Skepticism. Is it an americanism. Are we all Americans on here..I associate skepticism with the odd little pamphlets published so I accept an honest mistake.

Scepticism is of course the correct spelling.

I'm awfully sorry, Olly..I didn't realise that you weren't skeptics.

Are you merely pretending to be skeptics?

Of course everyone treats tales of hauntings and UFO's with some scepticism...why do people spell it Skepticism. Is it an americanism. Are we all Americans on here..I associate skepticism with the odd little pamphlets published so I accept an honest mistake.

Scepticism is of course the correct spelling.

Yes, that's the way it's spelled across the pond from you. No more incorrect than color/colour.

the problem with skeptics is that they are not skeptical enough. a real skeptic must be skeptical about skepticism too. you wouldn't want be so gullible that you would swallow a whole thought system without proof would you?

when you start to doubt skepticism, it selfdestructs. the skeptical view "i'll believe it when i see it" is replaced with "i'll see it when i believe it".

It prevents intelligent people from believing in nonsense like astrology, fortune tellers, palm readers, ghosts, goblins and the like.

it's not nonsense. i know it sounds insane but: there are people with x-ray vision.

Billy Chyldyshe said:
Are we all Americans on here..

american is a better language than english. english sounds annoying and they say "bloody" all the time.

Yes, that's the way it's spelled across the pond from you. No more incorrect than color/colour.

Ah yes...but then why is the English version of the Skeptical Enquirer called the Skeptic.

I always think of it as a generic title.

the problem with skeptics is that they are not skeptical enough. a real skeptic must be skeptical about skepticism too. you wouldn't want be so gullible that you would swallow a whole thought system without proof would you?

when you start to doubt skepticism, it selfdestructs. the skeptical view "i'll believe it when i see it" is replaced with "i'll see it when i believe it".

it's not nonsense. i know it sounds insane but: there are people with x-ray vision.

american is a better language than english. english sounds annoying and they say "bloody" all the time.

Bloody Hell, your darn right, Dude!

Actually I'm with the Yanks in spelling things in an uncomplicated way..as in colour...although then theres the PC brigade and 'People of Color'.

Yer can't win, boy.

the problem with skeptics is that they are not skeptical enough.

i know it sounds insane but: there are people with x-ray vision.

Is that tantamount to nutters not being insane enough? :rolleyes:

Yeah i think you have to be very aware that what passes for skepticism these days is really a dogma-driven form of selective pseudo-skepticism.
Id really like to see a true renaissance happen for skepticsism. where everything is held to the same level of scrutiny (not just the stuff that conflicts with your personal sensiblities). At the moment its all confirmation bias and blind propaganda.

Sorry, I thought your post above was actually serious. My bad.

That IS insane... :bugeye:

Back