Sinner or Saint: Which are you closer to?

I try my damndest to be a good person. I don't need a religion to tell me what's wrong and what's right, I can figure that out on my own.

Why would I want to lead a miserable and sour life when just being happy and nice makes things better. I do my share of mischievous things, but who doesn't?

Last edited:
I try my damndest to be a good person. I don't need a religion to tell me what's wrong and what's right, I can figure that out on my own.

Why would I want to leave a miserable and sour life when just being happy and nice makes things better. I do my share of mischievous things, but who doesn't?

You hit the nail on the head there, G.
I was going to say, 'good or bad by who's standards?' If by Christian standards, then I'm a bad person because I refuse to accept/commit to, or serve a God that gives his beloved children the choice of accepting him or going to hell.
However, like Gondolin says, I also feel like I'm a good person, although I have done my share of mischief and partying.

Always trying for good.
This morning on my way to turn in bottles/cans I passed a mentally disabled man with a shopping cart looking for cans in the gutter. I pulled over and gave him every one I had. I would have thought about him all day if I hadn't.

Its just so much easier to be good.

I think there are plenty of bad people who are not aware of the fact that they suck. I meet these ego-maniacs all the time.

In my actions, let's face it, I'm more of a sinner. I work too hard, have too much sex, and don't give a damn about anyone but me.

I'm a saint.
Awaiting official nomination anytime now.

I think there are plenty of bad people who are not aware of the fact that they suck. I meet these ego-maniacs all the time.
totally agree, 99.999999% are religious. "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

Oli said:
I'm a saint.
Awaiting official nomination anytime now.
I nominate Oli, who will second.

totally agree, 99.999999% are religious. "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

one of the reasons it was relatively easy to convict people on trial for nazi war crimes was that the nazi regime documented many of their "good deeds" thinking that "posterity" would be "thankful"

one of the reasons it was relatively easy to convict people on trial for nazi war crimes was that the nazi regime documented many of their "good deeds" thinking that "posterity" would be "thankful"
exactly hitler was a devout lutheran christian, so of course he thought he was doing good, as did torquemada.

Why would I want to leave a miserable and sour life when just being happy and nice makes things better. I do my share of mischievous things, but who doesn't?
M*W: Is it really that hard to be a good person?

M*W: Is it really that hard to be good?

exactly hitler was a devout lutheran christian, so of course he thought he was doing good, as did torquemada.

should do a full circuit on a stale thread and mention stalin too?

:runaway:

its a common practice of criminal interrogation to appeal to a person's sense of "goodness" in order to get them to tell the full story, never mind what they did

should do a full circuit on a stale thread and mention stalin too?
this is apt posted by me in another thread "Stalin's beliefs are complicated and sometimes contradictory. Historians Vladislav Zubok and Constantine Pleshakov noted, he received his education at Theological Seminary at Tiflis (Tbilisi), where his mother sent him to become a priest, but he became a closet atheist. Zubok and Pleshakov further noted, "Many would later note, however, that his works were influenced by a distinctly Biblical style" and "his atheism remained rooted in some vague idea of a God of nature." more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_...igious_beliefs
remember atheists have no belief in god/gods. so what was stalin. probably a pagan/wicci.

Last edited:
Back