Simple Test for the quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THIS WILD BLUE YONDER
JUST A COPY AND PASTE FROM ABOVE
SO 'BIG SHOT.'
A-L-M, YEAH, I GUESS IT'S A SECRET NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS, BUT FOR THE EMBARASSED BIT, I CAN JUST VISUALISE IT ALL OVER YOUR FACE.

Even the Bible says: The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever. . ." (Deut. 29:29).

'IN HIYA 'ILLAA ASMAA' SAMMAYTUMO -HAA 'ANTUM WA- 'AABAA' -KUM MAA ANZALA 'ALLAAH BI- -HAA MIN SULT.AAN 'IN YATTABIcON 'ILLAA AZ.- Z.ANN WA- MAA TAHWAA AL- ANFUS WA- LA- QAD JAA'A HUM MIN RABB -HIM AL- HUDAA

They are but names, which you have named - you and your fathers - for which Allâh has sent down no authority. They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire, whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord! {Glorious Qur’aan 53:23}

Hey Mr Randolpho how about this:

Isaiah
028:011 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 028:012 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. 028:013 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken

Could that be a prophesy about the coming Koran? Remember that was revealed piece-by-piece over 23 years in a foreign tongue to a illeterate man

Or how about this?: Isaiah 21:7 And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels

The chariot of horses was being referred to Moses. The chariot of asses turned out to be Jesus (pbuh) who entered Jerusalem riding on two donkeys (Matthew 21:7). Who then was of the "chariot of camels"?.....Who rode camels?......You see i only post this to show that there are more important "mysteries" you should be concerning yourself with my friend ....peace

Again, i am almost feeling sorry for you.
Almost.

Even the Bible says: The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever. . ." (Deut. 29:29).
My dear friend, thank you for attempting to use the Bible to prove your point, I know that you, as a muslim will have a hard time using some passages of the Bible because of the inherent bias given to most muslims about Christianity by islam,
so thinking that they mean one thing, when in reality they mean something else, first of all, the Bible interprets the Bible, we can not make stuff up, otherwise we would be a cult, just like Jehovah’s Witnesses or Mormons. They “proof text”, using 1 verse to try to prove their point, then go to the next & so on, & so on, etc...
I like to read the verses around what ever verse I’m looking at, to get content & context, so when we do that to the verse you choose, lets see below.

Here are the links:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 29:25-29;&version=31;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 30: 1-5;&version=31;
Deuteronomy 29:25-29 (New International Version)
25 And the answer will be: "It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the LORD, the God of their fathers, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt.
26 They went off and worshiped other gods and bowed down to them, gods they did not know, gods he had not given them.
27 Therefore the LORD's anger burned against this land, so that he brought on it all the curses written in this book.
28 In furious anger and in great wrath the LORD uprooted them from their land and thrust them into another land, as it is now."
29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

Deuteronomy 30:1-5
1 When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come upon you and you take them to heart wherever the LORD your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the LORD your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes [a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you.
4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back.
5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

You used this:
Or how about this?: Isaiah 21:7 And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels

Lets see, the verses talk about the fall of Babylon, see below in red
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 21:6-10 ;&version=31;
Isaiah 21:6-10 (New International Version)
6 This is what the Lord says to me:
"Go, post a lookout
and have him report what he sees.

7 When he sees chariots
with teams of horses,
riders on donkeys
or riders on camels,
let him be alert,
fully alert."

8 And the lookout [a] shouted,
"Day after day, my lord, I stand on the watchtower;
every night I stay at my post.

9 Look, here comes a man in a chariot
with a team of horses.
And he gives back the answer:
'Babylon has fallen, has fallen!
All the images of its gods
lie shattered on the ground!' "

10 O my people, crushed on the threshing floor,
I tell you what I have heard
from the LORD Almighty,
from the God of Israel.
so you see, you took it out of context, it is prophecy about ancient Babylon, not about Mr Mohammad

then following that, it actually tells about the fall of one of the Arab tribes
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 21:13-17 ;&version=31;
Isaiah 21:13-17 (New International Version)
A Prophecy Against Arabia
13 An oracle concerning Arabia:
You caravans of Dedanites,
who camp in the thickets of Arabia,
14 bring water for the thirsty;
you who live in Tema,
bring food for the fugitives.
15 They flee from the sword,
from the drawn sword,
from the bent bow
and from the heat of battle.
16 This is what the Lord says to me: "Within one year, as a servant bound by contract would count it, all the pomp of Kedar will come to an end. 17 The survivors of the bowmen, the warriors of Kedar, will be few." The LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken.

your “prophecy” using “proof text”:
The chariot of horses was being referred to Moses. The chariot of asses turned out to be Jesus (pbuh) who entered Jerusalem riding on two donkeys (Matthew 21:7). Who then was of the "chariot of camels"?.....Who rode camels?......
so, as you see, you have started to try to interpret Bible prophecy as a muslim, adding muslim meaning where there is none, so where is Moses or Jesus mentioned there? Not there, “proof texting” doesn’t work, sorry

READ THIS WILD BLUE YONDER
JUST A COPY AND PASTE FROM ABOVE
SO 'BIG SHOT.'
”BIG SHOT”? me? did I make it to “Big Shot” status among muslim circles? I’m honored, I don’t deserve it, thank you, thank you, thank you

A-L-M, YEAH, I GUESS IT'S A SECRET NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS,
lets try these examples:
http://www.tc.columbia.edu/cice/Archives/7.1/71douglas_shaikh.pdf
Defining Islamic Education:
Differentiation and Applications

Susan L. Douglass
Council on Islamic Education
Munir A. Shaikh
Council on Islamic Education

The concept of knowledge in the Islamic tradition, and the term for those who develop
and transmit it, are combined in the Arabic root ' a-l-m, which forms the word for
knowledge — 'ilm, and the participle designating a person of learning — 'alim (pl. '
ulama' ). The Islamic tradition of scholarship does not include ordination, but confers
the status of scholar upon those whose judgment or knowledge is considered worthy.
The ' ulama' have formed a highly influential social group throughout the history of
Muslim civilization, in their roles as educators, jurists and scholars. ' Ulama' were
accorded respect and authority that often checked the overweening power of the State,
and served as judges and trustees of charitable foundations. The spread of knowledge
through this local and transregional class of people was an important factor in the
unification of Islamic beliefs and practice and in sustaining a literate tradition within
Muslim societies (Bulliet, 1994).

http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/856
It is becoming clear that al-Muhajiroun (ALM), the group formed by Bakri in London less than a decade ago, has played a pivotal role in radicalising young Britons who have gone on to wreak terror in Britain and across the world.
The Sunday Times has identified more than a dozen members of ALM who have taken part in suicide bombings or have become close to Al-Qaeda and its support network. It has also established that:
• At least one of the bombers who killed himself and six other people in the Edgware Road Underground blast two weeks ago associated with ALM acolytes in Britain and Pakistan.

http://19.org/index.php?id=76,267,0,0,1,0
Ayman's claim regarding the meaning of letters is interesting. Many scholars who knew Arabic much better than him tried their best to do exactly what he claims to have done. A few even tried to invent some words to explain the initial letters. Some claimed that they are abbreviations, each letter standing for a word, and came up with arbitrary abbreviation schemes. For instance, some claimed that Nun is another word for fish. Commentators like Razi and Suyuti claimed that they were letters to pull the attention of the audience. Zamahshari thought that they were musical sounds to prepare the reader to the Quran. Reportedly, Ibn Abbas argued that ALM stood for Ene Allahu Ara, that is, I am God and I see. He even derived the divine attribute Al-Rahman from the combination of three different initials: ALR, HM and N. Taberi contains many hadith narration regarding the meaning of these letters.

http://users.hubwest.com/prophet/islam/koran.htm
There is a Quranic verse that states: "ALM Sabbeh Raboka Al Azzaam", which translates as: "ALM praise your glorified God". We ask the question what is ALM? Nobody answers. The scholars say it's just a divine symbol that has no definite meaning and it should be accepted as such. In an attempt to explain it some claim that it may be a part of the succeeding word "Sabbeh" which translates as "praise", but then the formulation of the sentence will not be grammatically correct. If we remembered the previous facts about the diacritical points and apply them to this verse we shall find that the letter "Ba" in the word "ALM saBBeh" was originally not punctuated. So, it may be "Ba" if one point is put below it, or it may be "ya" if you add a second point below it. This second point below the letter "Ba" would only slightly change the form of the sentence but it would radically change the meaning 180 degrees in the opposite direction. Changing this one letter would turn the whole story, history, and faith of Islam upside down! Do you know why? Let's read the sentence after adding just one point below the letter "Ba", changing it into "ya". The sentence will be, "ALMsyyh Raboka Al 'Azzaam." Just this one diacritical point will turn over the entire Islamic religion because the sentence now means: THE CHRIST IS YOUR GLORIFIED GOD!!!

http://wahiduddin.net/words/arabic_glossary.htm
A Brief List of some Arabic Roots:
The following list of roots is sorted according to the English alphabet, ignoring any diacritical marks.
Examples of typical usage of the root are shown in parenthesis.

'a-l-m
to know, have knowledge, be informed, teach, notify
(al-'alîm, 'ilm, 'ilmiya, 'allam, u'lûma)

Well, sweeping aside juju's invective, he should probably note that the Quran was also changed during the third Caliphate. And, moreover, that it also was transcribed by men with quills and ink who were also "unofficial persons of God". This is a bit like the embers calling the kettle black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back