Show that there is *religiously* motivated violence

Oh for the love of all that is filled with bacon, are we still going on about this even after I cited(and linked to one of them) two examples of religiously motivated violence. It's quite obvious that LG, Wynn, and Jan are doing nothing but playing meaningless semantics games in order to troll the rest of us, why isn't this thread closed yet?

"Religiously motivated violence" thus exists in the minds of those who refuse to apply critical thought ...

The victory of superficiality.

I cited examples and even linked to one, neither of which you were able to show were motivated by anything else and thus leaving religion as the only motivator for the violence, and you still claim that there's anything to discuss on this topic? All of your "reasonings" and half-baked philosophical bullshit means squat because we can show you actual, daily examples of religious violence. If reality disagrees with your argument then your argument is wrong by default.

I cited examples and even linked to one, neither of which you were able to show were motivated by anything else and thus leaving religion as the only motivator for the violence, and you still claim that there's anything to discuss on this topic? All of your "reasonings" and half-baked philosophical bullshit means squat because we can show you actual, daily examples of religious violence. If reality disagrees with your argument then your argument is wrong by default.
To keep in line with the level of evidence that you provide to back your arguments I will now provide evidence to counter all your claims :

You are wrong.

Oh for the love of all that is filled with bacon, are we still going on about this even after I cited(and linked to one of them) two examples of religiously motivated violence. It's quite obvious that LG, Wynn, and Jan are doing nothing but playing meaningless semantics games in order to troll the rest of us, why isn't this thread closed yet?

It's all they've got.

It's all they've got.
on the contrary all arioch has got (at best) are anecdotal examples or (at worst) examples that purposely neglect key details.

I think he understands this - that's why he has opted for trolling instead of addressing the numerous flaws in his arguments
:shrug:

I don't think it's all they've got, but it is a lot of trolling: posting increasingly absurd requests for clarification, or hair-splitting down. Gentlemen: there is such a thing as religious violence. How can this be in question?

I wouldn't worry. I earlier cited instances like bombing and murdering family planning centres and its staff members, terrorist groups like National Liberation Front of Tripura, Islamist groups like the Taliban who perpetrated horrendous crimes against Afghani's for not adhering to the religious code as they interpreted it, the Lords Resistance Army who have been waging a campaign of horror to try to implement the 10 Commandments (the soldiers are made to pray and wear rosaries before going into battle). The list goes on and on and on. The people who commit such crimes are motivated by their religious beliefs. Or the leaders of the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God? How about witch doctors who have been kidnapping and murdering children in Uganda for religious sacrifices of their followers and clients? Jonestown massacre? The Salem Witch Trials?

I would classify all of the above as religiously motivated violence in that the religious beliefs of the people who perpetrated the crimes were motivating factors in their doing what they did.

But the likes of LG, Wynn and co would prefer not to recognise that. It's best if that giant pink elephant remains in the closet.:m:

Yes, I agree. LG especially is making a strawman argument that since religiously motivated violence is not universal, it must not exist, or must therefore be attributable to secular causes. Wynn doesn't seem to understand simple logic, and Jan is always like talking to a wall.

Riiiiiiight. Because only an idiot would question things that some specific population takes for granted, right.

:rolleyes:

Only an idiot would deny the history of religious violence. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree. LG especially is making a strawman argument that since religiously motivated violence is not universal, it must not exist, or must therefore be attributable to secular causes. Wynn doesn't seem to understand simple logic, and Jan is always like talking to a wall.
I'm surprised you still haven't understood what i have been saying.

Nowhere was I critical of your claims because they are not universal.

I was critical of them because the catalyst of motivation for whatever you deem as "religious motivation" for conflict is simply political motivation in a religious cultural land scape.

Riiiiiiight. Because only an idiot would question things that some specific population takes for granted, right.

:rolleyes:

It wasn't. Taken. For granted. I only illustrated it several times above, while you retreated into language.

Enough already. It's not part of your view of your own faith or other faiths, but it is part of other people's views of their faith. Exeunt.

For the regular people, it's very naiive to say that (the title), it's not because the reason, it's because of the personallity, and the mentality, there's even foot-ball motivated violence, or even opinions-motivated (?) violence...

Inless you are talking about the relegious extremists (i.e.: the fanatics, wich can be very dangerous), wich it's also still about the mentality in some part of it, but they are fanatics, and that's just another form of violence, same as foot-ball motivated violence race or nationalism motivated violence, etc...

So apparently, the only reason isnt relegion, so to correct this problem, you have to change the mentality of these people, and try to study their psycological state.

Violence is because our greed and our missunderstanding for each other, and the desire to dominate the sourrounding. (like "I'm right and you're wrong!")

Back