Should prostitution be legalised? yes or no!!

Is that what these forums are about - arguing for its own sake and getting away from the subject of the thread? Max and Lucifer seem like theyve got a personal hate thing going on.

“ Originally Posted by Challenger78
Prostitution, if legalized should have mandatory condom use, anyone found in breach suffers a loss of license."

Max overlooks this so he can throw some tangents into the argument, because he never actually debates the subject, but debates around the subject.

So now, not only are you perfectly willing to take away the freedom of consenting adults to negotiate sexual favors, you're now wanting to force them to have sex in "special hotels" ...AND... force them to wear condoms???

And you think this is somehow better, more humane, more socially acceptable for society than to simply ban women from selling their bodies openly on the street and in bars?

Baron Max

So now, not only are you perfectly willing to take away the freedom of consenting adults to negotiate sexual favors, you're now wanting to force them to have sex in "special hotels" ...AND... force them to wear condoms???

I never said anything about prostitution being restricted to Brothels Max, so stop stuffing that straw man!

Nor am I taking away any rights, far from it, I am in favour of legalising prostitution and enshrining those rights in law!

You really are incapable of following a debate and sticking to a topic aren't you!

Nor am I taking away any rights, far from it, I am in favour of legalising prostitution and enshrining those rights in law!

So you wouldn't mind if a bunch of prostitutes walked your street at night waiting for passing cars to stop to negotiate the rates?

You wouldn't mind prostitutes crowding the downtown streets while you and your girlfriend/wife/mother were walking to the movie or restaurant?

And just because YOU don't mind such things, then you think that all others should feel the same way about them?

And by the way, ....how are you going to make it mandatory to wear condoms if you're so hot-to-trot about freedoms and rights?

You really are incapable of following a debate and sticking to a topic aren't you!

Yeah, I am.

Baron Max

I say it should. People who don't want to pay for sex don't ever have to (well technically taking a chick out on dates and other courting activities also cost substantial amunt of moolah as well so...). People who would pay for such should have he option and freedom to IMO. The main thing is that the business is legit and follows a standardised guidline set by the government. The important thing is that he women in the trade are willing to do it. If they want to make money off people with sex then by all means let them, as long as they become registered sex worker.

So you wouldn't mind if a bunch of prostitutes walked your street at night waiting for passing cars to stop to negotiate the rates?

I used to live in a 'red light' area, and no, it didn't bother me. It was hardly bustling with activity, the girls stood around a lot, and there weren't many of them per street.

You wouldn't mind prostitutes crowding the downtown streets while you and your girlfriend/wife/mother were walking to the movie or restaurant?

I've never seen that happen, they tend to hang around in less obvious areas because the punters don't want to be seen picking them up.

And just because YOU don't mind such things, then you think that all others should feel the same way about them?

Well, such things don't actually happen Max, you just made that shit up.

And by the way, ....how are you going to make it mandatory to wear condoms if you're so hot-to-trot about freedoms and rights?

With rights comes responsibility Max, and people foremostly have to be personally responsible, and part of that comes about through education. So you demonstrate to the prostitutes and their customers why condoms are good for them, and back up the education with legislation. I'm not quite sure how to police the latter, but then this isn't my life's work.

Baron Max said:

Well, if it's protection you want, then if we get rid of prostitution all together, then we wouldn't have to worry about those things at all. Just add more police(which we need anyway for other criminal activity), have the courts uphold the existing laws(which they should do anyway!), and build more jails(which we need anyway due to the increases in crime). Voila' ...no more prostitution, no worries about catching some disease from prostitutes, no corruption due to prostitution, etc.

Thank you for that wonderful chuckle. I enjoyed that.

:cool:

Back