Should people who live/think differently from you die?

People who are not 'civilised' should be eliminated

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Some other opinion

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
So all aggressive and unintrospective cultures should die?

I think you're on the right track there. Hubris has historically led to downfall.

Sam, no one is really being fooled here. This is one of your "oooh a sneaky trap to impugn your character" threads that everybody sees right through. I thought I'd drop by and try to be reasonable, but I didn't honestly figure it would long before the Joos featured in the thread. You're proposing a hypothetical here - for which you railed at me in the other thread - and you should expect hypothetical responses. But you have specific ones in mind. So spill your intent or shut your computer down and go home.

Its a hypothetical that Hitler wanted to save his society by killing Jews? You coulda fooled me.

So, you can't think of any aspect of a culture that would affect those outside that culture in such a way that would justify warfare?

So, you can't think of any aspect of a culture that would affect those outside that culture in such a way that would justify warfare?

Invasion. However, I do not believe that if a people invade you, you should go to their country and kill their civilians. Or that killing their children is a worthy price. Or that they should believe as I do or else.

Apparently, many people here support the democratic right to invade/occupy/kill[aka collateral damages] people who live/think/believe differently.

Those with tribal notions of justice, gender inequality, social stratification and conservative authoritarian ideals apparently do not deserve to live even in their own societies.

These actions are justified as defensive. i.e. cavemen present an intolerable threat to civilised society as the civilised know it.

So should such people be eliminated so the rest of the world can breathe more easily?

Have we come to a norm of social darwinism where tolerance means wiping out all we perceive as intolerant according to our self adjudicated notions of social and political correctness?

Apparently you and your friends in the middle east think so.

And don't even think about bringing Gaza into it because the arab world would survive without Gaza, the Israeli world could not without Israel.

Unfortunately, I trust my own memory quite well.

Then I'm happily awaiting the results of it. Please post links to my posts/
Apparently you and your friends in the middle east think so.

And don't even think about bringing Gaza into it because the arab world would survive without Gaza, the Israeli world could not without Israel.

We're not discussing what the world could survive without. The world could survive without Jews too. Thats not the question here.

You're asking me to find a link to a specific piece of crap in 50K posts. Nah.

Then I'm happily awaiting the results of it. Please post links to my posts/

We're not discussing what the world could survive without. The world could survive without Jews too. Thats not the question here.

No you were going to give the arguement that Gaza is fighting against people whom want to exterminate the muslims blah blah blah, but the fact is that Israel is not exterminating the muslims or even Gaza, Israel is simply trying to survive.

Israel is simply trying to survive.

So was Nazi Germany. Everyone is trying to survive, the question is, is it acceptable to survive if you are depriving others of their rights in order to survive. If that is the ideology you are supporting, that requires you to eliminate others who do not share your beliefs.

e.g. is it acceptable for the Taliban to kill everyone who does not believe as they do, in order to survive?

So was Nazi Germany. Everyone is trying to survive, the question is, is it acceptable to survive if you are depriving others of their rights in order to survive. If that is the ideology you are supporting, that requires you to eliminate others who do not share your beliefs.

e.g. is it acceptable for the Taliban to kill everyone who does not believe as they do, in order to survive?

No, Germany needed a scapegoat, the Jews were never firing rockets into Nazi Germany.

Israel isnt attacking Gaza because it is causing problems that aren't Gazas fault, the fact is that most of Israel's problems are Gaza's fault.

Should probably just retitle the thread "Sam thinks that Westerners want to kill off all Arabs/Muslims/etc because they think differently - yes or yes? Or some other answer?"

Apparently, many people here support the democratic right to invade/occupy/kill[aka collateral damages] people who live/think/believe differently.

If the folks in power for those people are a threat then you bet; otherwise, no.

Those with tribal notions of justice, gender inequality, social stratification and conservative authoritarian ideals apparently do not deserve to live even in their own societies.

If they are not a threat to my society then I wouldn't care. At the same time, what do you think the outcome of a society with the qualities you listed gains a high degree of destructive power?

These actions are justified as defensive. i.e. cavemen present an intolerable threat to civilised society as the civilised know it.

So should such people be eliminated so the rest of the world can breathe more easily?

If there is no threat then the rest of the world probably wont care.

Have we come to a norm of social darwinism where tolerance means wiping out all we perceive as intolerant according to our self adjudicated notions of social and political correctness?

Actually it's reached a point where we remove power from the intolerant and invest it in the tolerant.

Back