Should people who live/think differently from you die?

People who are not 'civilised' should be eliminated

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Some other opinion

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

S.A.M.

uniquely dreadful
Valued Senior Member
Apparently, many people here support the democratic right to invade/occupy/kill[aka collateral damages] people who live/think/believe differently.

Those with tribal notions of justice, gender inequality, social stratification and conservative authoritarian ideals apparently do not deserve to live even in their own societies.

These actions are justified as defensive. i.e. cavemen present an intolerable threat to civilised society as the civilised know it.

So should such people be eliminated so the rest of the world can breathe more easily?

Have we come to a norm of social darwinism where tolerance means wiping out all we perceive as intolerant according to our self adjudicated notions of social and political correctness?

People all think alike, they are not beasts, we are all humans. The politics for war on resources and geopolitical control is different from human emotions.

Only if the difference of opinion is so drastic you must have a threshold moment with them.

I.E Trying to enforce a totalitarian government upon a liberal people.

Apparently, many people here support the democratic right to invade/occupy/kill[aka collateral damages] people who live/think/believe differently.

Those with tribal notions of justice, gender inequality, social stratification and conservative authoritarian ideals apparently do not deserve to live even in their own societies.

These actions are justified as defensive. i.e. cavemen present an intolerable threat to civilised society as the civilised know it.

So should such people be eliminated so the rest of the world can breathe more easily?

Have we come to a norm of social darwinism where tolerance means wiping out all we perceive as intolerant according to our self adjudicated notions of social and political correctness?

Presuming they really aren't a thread, I'd say no.
But if they are a thread, I think self-defense should be debatable. But this doesn't have to mean eradicating them, less violent ways are often more productive anyway.

I picked 'no'.

Playing the benevolent first world citizen, intending to civilise the "barbarians" hasn't worked well for us, or anyone else. For one thing, we're also barbaric, but pretend to hide under notions of civility often aided by technology.

There is no fundamental difference in humanities conceptions, etc, A western man can be just as barbaric as an eastern man, the question is how it's received in their societies.
Anywho, In short no,

"Educate, Block, Deter", But in no way eradicate.

Russia, China and Britain all have been doing that as well as many other countries throughout time. Historically one country overpowers another to gain control of its assets and commerce. Whether or not you think it is right or wrong is irrelevant to those in charge for they do what they want to do. That said when Germany invaded other countries with no provocation only to rule over them and to enslave their peoples that is when wars happen.

go into a jungle somewhere and introduce yourslef to the natives. see what happens.

What natives?

When the "natives" are wearing stuff like nike and drinking coca cola, I don't think they could be considered as "natives" anymore, do you?

that is\was not the point. you know as well as i do what i am talking about. outsiders are dinner, head shrunk, cooked, scalped etc. so dont be coy with me.

that is\was not the point. you know as well as i do what i am talking about. outsiders are dinner, head shrunk, cooked, scalped etc. so dont be coy with me.

Still? This is happening today is it?

Links?

Or did it happen many many years ago when Europeans or 'the white man' started exploring and discovering new "native tribes"?

there was just a thread on it.

Or did it happen many many years ago when Europeans or 'the white man' started exploring and discovering new "native tribes"?

We can look at all colors and all degrees of civilization and find war and brutality. It is pretty much consistent.

Last edited:

That is merely your own personal biased delusion.

Those with notions of "us and them" have already separated themselves from society as a whole, and have been intolerant with the rest of the world for centuries. The rest of the world is simply not tolerating the 'intolerance.'

If they continue to uphold their intolerance to the rest of the world and refuse to reform from their militant cult thinking, what avenue would you suggest?

Removing intolerance is vital for mankinds survival. And, if those who promote intolerance continue to push it on the rest of the world, they are threatening that survival.

Intolerance gleaned from ancient medieval myths and superstitions only demonstrates the need for serious reform and education, but these are not an option for those who promote a self-serving system that is forbidden to reform or educate.

yes, i believe "uncivilized" people should be eliminated.

pretty nice poll there sam, use the word eliminated in the poll question then change it to "kill" in the OP. something you seem to be quite good at.

yes, i believe "uncivilized" people should be eliminated.

pretty nice poll there sam, use the word eliminated in the poll question then change it to "kill" in the OP. something you seem to be quite good at.

You need lessons in reading comprehension.:rolleyes:

That is merely your own personal biased delusion.

Those with notions of "us and them" have already separated themselves from society as a whole, and have been intolerant with the rest of the world for centuries. The rest of the world is simply not tolerating the 'intolerance.'

If they continue to uphold their intolerance to the rest of the world and refuse to reform from their militant cult thinking, what avenue would you suggest?

Removing intolerance is vital for mankinds survival. And, if those who promote intolerance continue to push it on the rest of the world, they are threatening that survival.

Intolerance gleaned from ancient medieval myths and superstitions only demonstrates the need for serious reform and education, but these are not an option for those who promote a self-serving system that is forbidden to reform or educate.

I love how your post supports the OP. :D

manson3.jpg

What if thinking differently includes things like infantacide, honor killings, punishment for rape victims, suicide bombers, torture for petty crimes or drinking alcohol? What if that culture constitutes a real threat to us? This is not an easy question to answer. The idea that all cultures, no matter how abhorent, have a right to survive is a strange one.

Is the Taliban civilized? Are pedophiles civilized? Are people who torture others civilized?
I voted Yes

Back