Should not Humanity be More Important than any god ?

Power and control maybe.
Tell the tribe not to cut trees on the hill above the village so as to prevent mud slides would not get the same result as telling them the god of the mountain will get them.
And if they cit the trees the mud slide is proof of the anger of the god of the mountain.
There must be research if not I would be surprised.
Alex

Alex come on .

Money and power .

But more importantly ; we give no value to these peoples' way of life .

They MUST be educated towards our thinking .

I value their way of primative life as I do research into anti-gravity ; and Natural Medicine ; etc.

Consistency is not necessarily perfection. The very idea that something has power greater than us is viewed as perfection by some because we cant change it. lol

Something just 'is' not perfection. That includes universal laws, nature etc. I mean realistically its more like this is how it is and what we have to work with. Thats not perfection unless you just happen to interpret it that way.

Jesus, even conceptually i would hardly consider life in this universe perfection nor the universe that houses it. Its just what it is.

And in some respects, people give too much undue credit to what 'is' when we are the ones having to adjust/adapt/change etc. Also, whats interesting is we can conceptually think of ways things could be better but they dont always work thay way. Then the real dichotomy is that we are less capable and not the universe. Thats not necessarily true either.

If the universe is just like a thought and we are living in it, thats an analogy that we are like pawns inside and limited not always by our own lack of effort but by the universe itself and its particularities.

Despite all the adversity, people keep moving forward. We seem to be built for conflict. What is perfection in such a world?

Despite all the adversity, people keep moving forward. We seem to be built for conflict. What is perfection in such a world?

The Tower of babel . Explains alot .

And the military complex makes money on conflict .

We are not built for conflict ; we are manipulated towards conflict .

The Tower of babel . Explains alot .

And the military complex makes money on conflict .

We are not built for conflict ; we are manipulated towards conflict .
Conflict is entertainment in the modern world. Turn on your television. Of course I am using the word in a very broad sense. Possibly I should say, adversity is the human experience in one form or another. It seems to be our disposition in life, to struggle.

Conflict is entertainment in the modern world. Turn on your television. Of course I am using the word in a very broad sense. Possibly I should say, adversity is the human experience in one form or another. It seems to be our disposition in life, to struggle.

We are being manipulated .

Are they using our own natural inclinations to provoke us?

River, it's late and sleep is calling. lets pick this up at another time. nice talking w/you

Yes but also they are using our ignorance about our ancient past to provoke us.

It's very late for me as well ; 7:30am , sleep is calling me as well. Another time . Nice talking to you as well .

Yes but also they are using our ignorance about our ancient past to provoke us.

Maybe some time you can explain what it is about our ancient past that they are misrepresenting. Since much of it was never recorded, it would seem to be up for speculation. But I'm all ears and ready to listen.

Maybe some time you can explain what it is about our ancient past that they are misrepresenting. Since much of it was never recorded, it would seem to be up for speculation. But I'm all ears and ready to listen.

They are not misrepresenting ; they are blocking public access .

They are not misrepresenting ; they are blocking public access .
Explain. Is this a conspiracy? Certainly, in the past, history has been written by the victors. Is that what you are conveying?

Explain. Is this a conspiracy? Certainly, in the past, history has been written by the victors. Is that what you are conveying?

Clearly you need to more informed on our ancient past .

It is not about war ; although war nowadays is a wealth driven enterprise ; in the end it's about information .

Clearly you need to more informed on our ancient past .

It is not about war ; although war nowadays is a wealth driven enterprise ; in the end it's about information .
Well, educate me. What is it about ancient history that I should know? My vague understanding is that we started out as hunter/gatherers, graduated to agriculture, then mechanize with the industrial revolution. Culturally, we have always been tribal. Even today we gravitate towards those with whom we share commonality.

Well, educate me. What is it about ancient history that I should know? My vague understanding is that we started out as hunter/gatherers, graduated to agriculture, then mechanize with the industrial revolution. Culturally, we have always been tribal. Even today we gravitate towards those with whom we share commonality.

YES well the evidence found , has that this is questioned , Gobekli Tepe in Turkey.

Educate yourself .

To begin read books on Sumer ; 6000yrs BC .

YES well the evidence found has that this is questioned Gobekli Tepe in Turkey

Educate yourself .

To begin read books on Sumer ; 6000yrs BC .
Why can't you just summarize it with your own words? Wet my appetite and give me good reason to pursue your reading assignment.

Why can't you just summarize it with your own words? Wet my appetite and give me good reason to pursue your reading assignment.

Because there are in the ancient past are allagories that are at least 1000yrs older that then biblical story of the flood.

Because there are in the ancient past are allagories that are at least 1000yrs older that then biblical story of the flood.
Uh, so you are referring to biblical history relative to human history? Or are you referring to common themes in past mythology that have surfaced many times throughout history, including before the Bible? Yes, many of our traditions in Western culture--and Christian culture--are built on past cultures. Some stories are just naturally compelling, and they are retold over and over, again and again, throughout time. Star Wars comes to mind.

Uh, so you are referring to biblical history relative to human history? Or are you referring to common themes in past mythology that have surfaced many times throughout history, including before the Bible? Yes, many of our traditions in Western culture--and Christian culture--are built on past cultures. Some stories are just naturally compelling, and they are retold over and over, again and again, throughout time. Star Wars comes to mind.

What are you saying here ?

Back