Should men have a say in abortion ?

Because some of us believe the life within the woman is valuable, worth protecting. .....
.....Well, here is the thing, what is the value of human life--yours, mine and theirs? I want to believe we all share a common morality, no matter how thin that thread might be.

OK! So, you're busy advocating for excellent affordable perinatal care - insuring good health, good nutrition and a safe, wholesome environment for every expectant mother and every baby in your country.

I could be wrong though
....or lying....[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Adding on to my post above, something I've noticed is that many pro-lifers are okay with sending men and women to war, ''stand your ground law'' which means you can shoot to kill if someone is violating your space (even if that other person is unarmed), sending people away from the border with nowhere to go, death penalty, killing/hunting deer/animals for sport, etc.

And the replies are typically ''well, that's different...''

So, if there's going to be common ground to be found, it will be in starting with pro-lifers honestly reflecting as to why they seem to consider some life disposable, but have such a strong opinion on abortion.
Simple. They revere "potential" life - one that's not been wracked up yet. Wait a year; the brat won't be worth its weight in welfare pittance.

Simple. They revere "potential" life - one that's not been wracked up yet. Wait a year; the brat won't be worth its weight in welfare pittance.
That's a great point. Obviously, we should be careful to cast a wide net over all pro-lifers...some are outliers, but many fall into the ''I'm tired of my tax dollars going to pay for people who have kids who can't support them.'' lol

That's a great point. Obviously, we should be careful to cast a wide net over all pro-lifers...some are outliers, but many fall into the ''I'm tired of my tax dollars going to pay for people who have kids who can't support them.'' lol
...while at the same time denying sex education and birth control to the same women and girls they blame for getting pregnant.
(BTW I do not for one second believe that 1% statistic. As many as 8 rapes or coerced seductions go unreported, unrecorded and unpunished. And a great many of those were committed throughout their carefree beer-loving youth and rise to power by top level legislators and jurists who are now in a position to rule against their victims.)

. . . so let's ban abortion and have more of them! Come to think of it, ban contraception and sex education too! I don't want to spend $1 on education that will save me $100 in supporting unwanted kids. It's immoral!

It's a position that has never made much sense to me.

Because some of us believe the life within the woman is valuable, worth protecting.
I agree! I am all for better prenatal care, better post-natal care and better education for women on the topic. (God knows we desperately need those things - we have a higher infant mortality rate than most other developed countries, especially in the South.) I also advocate for choosing adoption over abortion.

I just don't agree that the final decision should be up to a clueless government bureaucrat. The person carrying the fetus should have the freedom to choose.

I just don't agree that the final decision should be up to a clueless government bureaucrat. The person carrying the fetus should have the freedom to choose.
Then we have given up and admitted that it is much more practical to abort a child than raise a child. Apparently the bureaucrats think so since it's the law.

I agree! I am all for better prenatal care, better post-natal care and better education for women on the topic. (God knows we desperately need those things - we have a higher infant mortality rate than most other developed countries, especially in the South.) I also advocate for choosing adoption over abortion.
Cool. Should we trust the bureaucrats to manage those things? (honest question)

OK! So, you're busy advocating for excellent affordable perinatal care - insuring good health, good nutrition and a safe, wholesome environment for every expectant mother and every baby in your country.
I can't guarantee that, nor can you, nor can any government. Let me ask you this, is it worth living in an imperfect world?

...or lying....
[/QUOTE]

Not if the topic is the sanctity of human life.
If you want this thread to drift into those areas of discussion, then I suppose you can try pushing it in that direction. I will tell you now that I don't support gun rights for infants, nor should they suffer capital punishment.

Then we have given up and admitted that it is much more practical to abort a child than raise a child.
No, I don't admit that at all. I think it is more practical to have the child and then put the child up for adoption. I just don't think that my opinion on that overrules the right of a woman to be in charge of her body.
Should we trust the bureaucrats to manage those things? (honest question)
I wouldn't trust a bureaucrat to manage sex education. I WOULD trust them to write a check to an experienced teacher, and have him/her do it.

Not if the topic is the sanctity of human life.
Explain how "the sanctity of life" is observed?

If everything that ever lived is dead, and everything that is alive is going to die, where does the sanctity of life come in?

Then we have given up and admitted that it is much more practical to abort a child than raise a child.
Exactly! You don't even try to look the children you already have.
Look at the state of health care, education and child welfare in the states where pro-lifers rule.

Life Good Death Bad .... (well sorta selectively)

I will tell you now that I don't support gun rights for infants, nor should they suffer capital punishment.
Okay, so the people who get shot by crazed killers, crazed cops and other crazed fellow 'merricans were not alive before they were gunned down?
And the prisoners, maybe random bystanders picked up by chance, maybe disabled people, maybe kids caught up in the culture of violence you propagate, were not alive before you state-sanctimonously snuffed 'em?
If those are different topics, you should make that distinction in your publicity; change your designation from "pro life" to something more truthful and descriptive, or at least append a subtitle: "pro any life that will never threaten me, inconvenience me, irritate me, compete with me, or cost me money.

If those are different topics, you should make that distinction in your publicity; change your designation from "pro life" to something more truthful and descriptive, or at least append a subtitle: "pro any life that will never threaten me, inconvenience me, irritate me, compete with me, or cost me money.

Read something on Twitter - “pro forced birth” ...that’s a better descriptor because pro life means that you care about nearly all life, anyway.

Back