Selling Your Pure Body On E-Bay

Yes I know its illegal.
I think men value a woman's virginity more than the woman does. Its over rated.

Twofold:

(1) Prostitution is illegal.
(2) Such an action would reinforce the very myth of virginity that you call "overrated".​

Such mysoginistic myths aren't helpful in this society.

How exactly is it misogynistic? My definition of the word is hatred or mistrust of women.

Ashura said:

How exactly is it misogynistic? My definition of the word is hatred or mistrust of women

Obliging women to exist according to more restrictive customs? Ask yourself why virgins are so important to so many men. And if you come back with the idea of medical cleanliness, we'll know you're lying.

The virgin obsession is exploitative and desires a woman who is both ignorant of sexual intercourse and unprepared. Men want that tightness, that delicate hesitance. In other words, men want to initiate the woman into painful domination disguised as love.

Now, perhaps you can construct some theoretic version of the myth that avoids all that, but it won't reflect how men actually act among themselves when the subject comes up.

In one of his last funny moments, Dennis Miller made the point that he didn't want the seventy-two virgins of the Islamic terrorist's paradise. After a while, he'd want someone who knows what she's doing. You know, slip him the finger or something. Anything, as long as it's dirty.

Womanhood is largely questioned and denigrated if that woman has taken prior pleasure. Perhaps you remember the punchline to the following joke:

What is the difference between a slut and a bitch?

Obliging women to exist according to more restrictive customs? Ask yourself why virgins are so important to so many men. And if you come back with the idea of medical cleanliness, we'll know you're lying.

The virgin obsession is exploitative and desires a woman who is both ignorant of sexual intercourse and unprepared. Men want that tightness, that delicate hesitance. In other words, men want to initiate the woman into painful domination disguised as love.

Now, perhaps you can construct some theoretic version of the myth that avoids all that, but it won't reflect how men actually act among themselves when the subject comes up.

In one of his last funny moments, Dennis Miller made the point that he didn't want the seventy-two virgins of the Islamic terrorist's paradise. After a while, he'd want someone who knows what she's doing. You know, slip him the finger or something. Anything, as long as it's dirty.

Womanhood is largely questioned and denigrated if that woman has taken prior pleasure. Perhaps you remember the punchline to the following joke:

What is the difference between a slut and a bitch?

Good points and I'd rather see these concepts gone too.

But I'm still not sure if this would classify as misogyny. It's primarily, like you said, a desire for dominance and physical pleasure, the vehicle for it just happening to be women. I can see why you would say it's misogyny though.

Back