Satanism

So they are Satanist in name for the simple pleasure of making a point to Christians? I mean, yeah, they are free to do so; but it seems like a rather hollow endeavor.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
You bet. I think the connection to Biblical mythology is unnecessary. But it does have it's own set of values. And a belief in magic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

There are probably different forms of Satanism that do embrace the role of being evil.
Of course, one has to point to Christianity for giving them the idea in the first place.

and when asked about his religion, [LaVey] stated that "the reason it's called Satanism is because it's fun, it's accurate and it's productive"...

wikipedia

Why not worship Satan? People worship serial killers, football players, pop stars, all of who tend to be tits.

The idea of Satan wouldn't exist without the bible. So you are saying that Satan wrote the bible?
Are you saying there was no Satan before the Bible was written? That would be some heavy guilt if true. But considering that it's all bullshit anyway you don't have feel too bad. A bunch of bronze age goat herders made up some whoopers and people are still buying into them. Awesome.

Back