Russell's teapot

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
In case anyone has ever wondered about Russell's teapot
If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Richard Dawkins on the teapot:
The reason organized religion merits outright hostility is that, unlike belief in Russell's teapot, religion is powerful, influential, tax-exempt and systematically passed on to children too young to defend themselves. Children are not compelled to spend their formative years memorizing loony books about teapots. Government-subsidized schools don't exclude children whose parents prefer the wrong shape of teapot. Teapot-believers don't stone teapot-unbelievers, teapot-apostates, teapot-heretics and teapot-blasphemers to death. Mothers don't warn their sons off marrying teapot-shiksas whose parents believe in three teapots rather than one. People who put the milk in first don't kneecap those who put the tea in first.

I often think of Dawkins quote when I see little children rocking incessantly back and forth reciting versus from the Torah or Qur'an.

Zombies rocking back and forth ... they rock back and forth... day in and day out... rocking and reciting rocking and reciting....

Oh! Glory be to the Great Tea Pot. Who did take His first sip, a servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Tea fields, to the farthest Tea gardens, whose green-precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our flavorsome green tea: for He is the One Who smellith and tasteith (all things). We gave Him the Book of Chai (Perfect), and made it a Guide to the Children of Tea Leaves, (commanding): "Take not other than Me as (your) Tea Pot" O ye that are sprung from those whom We carried (in the Pot) with the Tea! Verily he was a devotee most grateful....

Zombies rocking back and forth ... they rock back and forth... day in and day out... rocking and reciting rocking and reciting....

Braaaaaaiiiiinsssss!
Gesundheit!

Michael, you're a dork.
I try :)

A Malaysian woman has been jailed for two years for hooking up with the "teapot worshipping" Sky Kingdom cult, contrary to Sharia law which prohibits born Muslims converting to other religions.

Former teacher Kamariah Ali, 57, was cuffed in 2005 when the powers that be clamped down on the cult and demolished its two-storey sacred teapot symbolising the "purity of water" and "love pouring from heaven".

While Malaysia has constitutional guarantees of freedom of worship, apostasy is off the menu for the Muslim population. Mrs Ali previously served 20 months in 1992 for the offence, and Sharia High Court judge Mohammed Abdullah had no hesitation handing down further time.

He said he'd "considered aspects of public interest and the sentiments of Muslims in the country", and told the defendant: "The court is not convinced that the accused has repented and is willing to abandon any teachings contrary to Islam. I pray God will open the doors of your heart, Kamariah."

Ali's lawyer, Sa'adiah Din, protested to reporters: "This has to stop. They can't be sending her again and again to prison for this. She informed the court that she is not a Muslim. She doesn't come under Sharia court anymore."
Wow, they come in all flavors.

More evangelical atheism? :yawn:
sleepy?

Imagine a world where thousands of children spend hour upon hour memorizing verses from the Great Tea Pot. They waste their entire youth rocking in a corner memorizing what the Great Tea Pot said - well according to It's Last Prophet - who heard the voices in His head, from an angel, while drinking tea. The Tea Verses were written onto tea napkins, scribbled onto the outside of paper sugar containers, memorized, read in the tea-leaf fortunes -gatherered hundreds of years later, by someone. Unfortunately a great number of Tea Compainions were killed in the Great Tea wars (read-tea versus green tea) and so the versus were collected by the Great Chialif into what we all know to be the only perfect book - Great Book of Chia. Amazingly it's perfect.

Anyway, I still feel sorry when I see these children wasting their youth day in and day out memorizing these Tea-Prophecies.

Image093.jpg

Does everyone agree that Russel's Tea Pot is a logical fallacy? I mean, the possibility does exist that there is a celestial tea pot - right?

I hope you are spending your life in the pursuit of oil and natural gases rather than rocking over philosophical issues that are a waste of time. :spank:
until there is some atomic evidence of philosophical issues what else is a non-crackpottery super-logical guy to do?

S.A.M.,

What do you think about children spending their entire lives memorizing verses from a Religious book? Be it the 'Great Book of Chai' or Torah or 'The Fundamentals of Thought' or The Qur'an or The Bible or 'John the Baptizer'?

You know, when you see the children spending their entire youth not learning math or science but memorizing verses from these books. What are your thoughts on that?

Is it really important for children to use their informative years memorizing 'Xenu's Thoughts of Volcanic A-Bombs' or the 'Scientific Miracles in the Great Book of Chai' or the 'Talking Ants in the Qur'an'?

MII

S.A.M.,

What do you think about children spending their entire lives memorizing verses from a Religious book? Be it the 'Great Book of Chai' or Torah or 'The Fundamentals of Thought' or The Qur'an or The Bible or 'John the Baptizer'?

You know, when you see the children spending their entire youth not learning math or science but memorizing verses from these books. What are your thoughts on that?

Is it really important for children to use their informative years memorizing 'Xenu's Thoughts of Volcanic A-Bombs' or the 'Scientific Miracles in the Great Book of Chai' or the 'Talking Ants in the Qur'an'?

MII
aka - eat, survive, reproduce .... eat, survive, reproduce .... eat, survive, reproduce
:shrug:

aka - eat, survive, reproduce .... eat, survive, reproduce .... eat, survive, reproduce
:shrug:

There's a good boy, now you're doing whats natural AND scientifically empirical. :D

Now don't you go back into delusional stuff like thinking abstract concepts that have no meaning except in your head and indoctrinating others. :bugeye:

Uh by the way, you can give me all that organic matter processed into green abstract stuff called money.

Back