Right to Suicide

spuriousmonkey said:
well, you must be rather stupid to try to commit suicide, hence that is why maybe they care.

You have no idea of whats going on in the heads of these people.

My opinion is that what one does with his life is his own right and the law shouldn't interfere with such a personal issue.

I suspect that most people who want suicide outlawed are Christians who believe that suicide is morally wrong and want to try to use laws to make everyone who disagrees with them conforms to their beliefs. It’s really hard to make a coherent argument for outlawing suicide without resorting to ‘God doesn’t like it’.

suicide sounds a little selfish... kinda like... "notice me... im killing myself because my life is horrible. and if ive met you, its probably somehow youre fault just like its my mom and dads too."

outsidethebox said:
suicide sounds a little selfish... kinda like... "notice me... im killing myself because my life is horrible. and if ive met you, its probably somehow youre fault just like its my mom and dads too."

Suicide is selfish, but so is every other human action. It is only natural. Also, quoting myself:

Keeping someone from committing suicide is just as egoistical as doing the deed, hence it can be no real reason against the taking of ones own life.

suicide sounds a little selfish... kinda like... "notice me... im killing myself because my life is horrible.
no, it's just getting rid of the problem. for that person life is a problem. the same way as you'd use an umbrella if you saw rain as a problem.

Anyone should have the ability/right to end their life at will......there are those that are glad they are here and think of being born as a blessing and thank their parents for the "gift" they have recieved. Other feel as if they were brough here against their will...their life is a curse not a blessing.......they were brought into a world that they never asked to be a part of and now they are here...they must remain here against there will? As far as people who want to commit suicide being crazy or what not you also have to remember none of it is by choice.....we do not choose who we are or how we act or rather how we want to act.......despite what everyone tells themselves to create the illusion of control and stability.......if your "crazy" its not because you want to be.....if you are a negative person and your chemicly imbalanced or whatever......its not the choosing of that individual......simply put there are people who are unfit for life who just dont want it. They should be able to leave if they so choose.

Life is like a magic trick.......once you figure it out.....it SUCKS!

L8

Last edited:
Back