Religions are fairy tales for adults. Should we encourage them to grow up?

So, you're offering them homosexuality and feminism in exchange for their devotion to your moral authority?

Do you think they want homosexuality?

Regardless of if they did. I cannot offer many form of sexuality.

I take it that you are homophobic and misogynous or you would think the opposite to be good.

Discrimination without a just cause is immoral. Do try to do better.

BTW. Their moral authority is more evil than Satan.

Regards
DL

Do you think they want homosexuality?

No, I don't.

I take it that you are homophobic and misogynous or you would think the opposite to be good.

No, I don't fear homosexuals, and I don't hate women.

Discrimination without a just cause is immoral. Do try to do better.

I've seen no Christians exhibiting discrimination here, though I do see some bashing going on.

BTW. Their moral authority is more evil than Satan.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Just awful.

Last edited:
No, I don't.

No, I don't fear homosexuals, and I don't hate women.

I've seen no Christians exhibiting discrimination here, though I do see some bashing going on.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Just awful.

Only the greatest of fools will think that love can be commanded.

Regards
DL

I have no problems with your religious beliefs. I have a problem with your bigotry and your constant attacks against other's beliefs.

Just the immoral beliefs.

As I said, you seem to like homophobes and the misogynous as you resent my taking them to task.

That shows that your morals are no better.

Regards
DL

Good.

Bigot: a person who is intolerant of any opposing creed, belief, or opinion.

By this definition, our dislike of bigots makes you and I, in a real sense, bigots against bigots.

Strange how language goes sometimes.

Regards
DL

Bigot: a person who is intolerant of any opposing creed, belief, or opinion. By this definition, our dislike of bigots makes you and I, in a real sense, bigots against bigots.
Bigotry is not a creed, belief or opinion. It is a description of a state of mind wherein someone is intolerant of a creed, belief or opinion that they don't hold themselves.
Strange how language goes sometimes.
Less strange when you understand it.

Nevertheless, the question still stands - should we encourage bigots to grow up?

Unlike, for instance, race, religion contains various beliefs and axioms that one may with all good conscience, despise. Are you a bigot if you hate Nazis? No? Same thing.

Unlike, for instance, race, religion contains various beliefs and axioms that one may with all good conscience, despise.
Sure. You can despise Muslims because some Muslims blew up the WTC. You can despise blacks because some popular black media icons say outrageous and hateful things. You can despise Jews because you believe that all they care about is money. You can despise women because you think they can't handle what men can, but demand the same rights.

And all those are bigoted positions.
Are you a bigot if you hate Nazis? No? Same thing.
Are you a bigot if you hate what Nazis DID? No. Hating an action is quite different than hating a group of people for actions they did not perform.
Are you a bigot if you hate the Neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn because of what some OTHER Nazis did? Yes.

Bigotry is not a creed, belief or opinion. It is a description of a state of mind wherein someone is intolerant of a creed, belief or opinion that they don't hold themselves.

Less strange when you understand it.

Nevertheless, the question still stands - should we encourage bigots to grow up?

Only if they cannot justify their bigotry. That would be them showing immaturity.

Our biases and bigotries are there to protect us. We should always examine those though and use/apply them wisely.

The growing up I refer to in the O.P. is the foolish and immature belief in the supernatural and the lies that preachers, priests and imams are always telling theists.

Regards
DL

Back