Religions are fairy tales for adults. Should we encourage them to grow up?

Please excuse me for not not reading the entire thread before responding.

How can you encourage sanity in a people who have been indoctrinated for centuries to believe in some "spirit in the sky"?

Belief in God is a symptom of a deeper problem that should be included in the DSM's next edition, but that won't happen, any more than the fucking bankers will held accountable for (pun intended) for the horrors they have inflicted in the name of progressive capitalism.

Bored now, dead later: The thieves still win...
It's only one lifetime at the most, plenty of people deconvert.

I see what you are after.

Here is my best advice on how to read myths.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Regards
DL

Not after anything. Not from you anyway. Just pointing something out. Cheers.

Please excuse me for not not reading the entire thread before responding.

How can you encourage sanity in a people who have been indoctrinated for centuries to believe in some "spirit in the sky"?

Belief in God is a symptom of a deeper problem that should be included in the DSM's next edition, but that won't happen, any more than the fucking bankers will held accountable for (pun intended) for the horrors they have inflicted in the name of progressive capitalism.

Bored now, dead later: The thieves still win...

Belief in God is probably close to 0 in the world. There are not that many people who are that stupid. I hope.

Give these a listen and see what type of % you would say is the real number of believers. The second link has the info I want you to hears just in the first few minutes.

Regards
DL

Belief in God is probably close to 0 in the world. There are not that many people who are that stupid. I hope.

Are you kidding?

Are the millions of Catholics and Muslims a mistake in your statistics?

Refer to Mark Twain for the definitive definition of "statistics", especially with reference to the garbage you were quoted on.

Are you kidding?

Are the millions of Catholics and Muslims a mistake in your statistics?

Refer to Mark Twain for the definitive definition of "statistics", especially with reference to the garbage you were quoted on.

The fact that, statistically, there is almost no changing from one belief system to another, shows that people do not care nor do they believe. If the info in those two links do not help you see that then -------

Regards
DL

My point is that any "belief system" is a flawed product to begin with.

I won't follow endless links and idiotic arguments one way or the other: It is an exercise in willful stupidity.

My point is that any "belief system" is a flawed product to begin with.

I won't follow endless links and idiotic arguments one way or the other: It is an exercise in willful stupidity.

5 or 6 minutes is hardly endless.

I do understand how short some attention spans are though.

You might want to ignore me as I like to chat with those who can follow my short links.

Regards
DL

Of course we should encourage the future adults to grow up; otherwise Humanity will be forever divided, manipulated , and conquered ; psychologically, intellectually , emotionally and physically.

And worst die for religion.

Last edited:
I agree.

With the non-believer demography being the fastest growing one, it does not look too bad from here.

Regards
DL

Back