Religion: Good or bad?

Has religion has a net positive effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pretty sure proselytizing is against the rules. This is first and foremost a science forum, not a religion one.

If he can do it , I can.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER.

I really believed you might be INTELLIGENT. But now, you came across as educated; as the politicians and religious leaders whom wrote the false book, called the bible. Only things create by GOD can be physical, and since GOD did NOT create ITSELF, It can not be physical.. Intelligence is bestowed in all living things created by GOD; including air,water, and earth. at conception-NOT at birth. It only serves one purpose. To allow all living things the choice between good or bad. But, since it does not have any monetary value, most humans conceder it worthless. So most people around the world exchange it for an education, which man kind sells them. And it only serves to take away the INTELLIGENCE; so you can only think, say ,and do as you are told to do so!!!!
Do you know how many galaxies might exist in the Universe? There are approximately one hundred million that we might already know of.
I conceder myself an ANGEL of the UNIVERSE sent here to teach the TRUTH; GOD!!!

Prove it

I'm pretty sure proselytizing is against the rules. This is first and foremost a science forum, not a religion one.
Thank you for your input. But teaching, is not proselytizing. Now trying to educate anyone against their believes; I agree with you 100%.

Can you prove that I'm NOT?????

I don't have to prove you are wrong, you have to prove you are correct- per the site rules:

Sciforums - Rules, posting guidelines and advice to members
13. Appropriate supporting evidence or explanations should be posted together with any opinion, especially on contentious issues. Sciforums is not your personal blog, and should not be used to promote your unsupported opinions.

15. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. If you’re claiming that Einstein was wrong, or that evolution does not occur, or that aliens are visiting Earth, be prepared to provide strong evidence in defence of your argument. If you only have an opinion, avoid posting on topics such as these.

Thank you for posting the rules on opinions. Opinions are what most people refer to, when they do not know what they are talking about. On the subject of GOD, it is not an opinion; it's the truth.

WOW. There is only one REAL GOD; the CREATOR, the beginning and the end, the reason every thing exists. I was born, baptized, and raised catholic.
Also, I was sent to catholic schools for my first twenty years of my live. But I really listened and learned the difference between GOD and religions. GOD, did not create other gods; humans simply named them, according to their original historical locations...

Your teachers must be very pleased with how well you learned to write.

My experience has been that distinguishing between ones own religious views and everyone else's by dismissing theirs disdainfully as "religion", is typically an affectation of a certain kind of fundamentalist Protestantism. The idea seems to be that everyone else's religion was invented by man, while one's own was revealed by God.

I really believed you might be INTELLIGENT. But now, you came across as educated; as the politicians and religious leaders whom wrote the false book, called the bible. Only things create by GOD can be physical, and since GOD did NOT create ITSELF, It can not be physical.. Intelligence is bestowed in all living things created by GOD; including air,water, and earth. at conception-NOT at birth. It only serves one purpose. To allow all living things the choice between good or bad. But, since it does not have any monetary value, most humans conceder it worthless. So most people around the world exchange it for an education, which man kind sells them. And it only serves to take away the INTELLIGENCE; so you can only think, say ,and do as you are told to do so!!!!

I agree that education has increasingly become an exercise in indoctrination in most parts of the world. Students are taught to have the views that the elites want them to have. But the best response to that isn't to embrace ignorance, as you seem to be arguing.

The best course of action (for mature students at the university level anyway) is to think of faculty members as resource persons who know more than you do about their own narrow area of expertise, but often no more than you about matters outside it. So retain some healthy skepticism about whatever they tell you and the ability to think critically about whatever they say, then put your teachers to use. Don't allow them use you to further their own ends.

I conceder myself an ANGEL of the UNIVERSE sent here to teach the TRUTH; GOD!!!

That sounds grandiose.

I don't believe that you have any Truths to teach me.

Last edited:
truth is god, but love is also god. lot of people have truths they feel are correct, they just need to add a little love to make it god

Thank you for posting the rules on opinions. Opinions are what most people refer to, when they do not know what they are talking about. On the subject of GOD, it is not an opinion; it's the truth.

If it is a fact, and not an opinion, then you must have verifiable evidence to back the claim up, yes? Claiming a magical man in the sky looking own upon us is "fact" (and that your specific magical man is the only "true" one) falls quite readily into the category of "extraordinary claim"... so where is the extraordinary evidence to back that claim up?

Back