Religion and Human Rights

Post #37 provides some links.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights are made legitimate by the countries signing them.

And why does this matter? It still doesn't negate the fact that these 'benefits' are presumed.

Peace be unto you ;)

hey S.A.M.--if you want some good material, go back to page 2 of this thread.

some people, i really wish i could administer the "paper bag test" to...

That is a good point parmalee... that sums up everything really :D

Peace be unto you ;)

Religion + Human rights = Oxy-fucking-moron.

Human Rights = a subjective entity. But apparently people here think there is such a thing of entitled human rights which for some reason although subjective must be taken as objective and imposed upon everyone-

this belief = sign of ignoramuses

Peace be unto you ;)

I was referring specifically to your claim that sin has not been done with already... you suggested that it wasn't gone yet- I would like you to reference this claim.

Peace be unto you ;)

I was referring specifically to your claim that sin has not been done with already... you suggested that it wasn't gone yet- I would like you to reference this claim.

Peace be unto you ;)

like from a book or a research study? um...:confused:

just take a look around...are people still greedy, gluttonous, full of pride, envious? is there still suffering, abuse, fear, hate? these are rhetorical questions...

And why does this matter? It still doesn't negate the fact that these 'benefits' are presumed.

It doesn't matter to you. God isn't protecting your human rights, this you must do.

When the government running a country "signs on" to the Declaration of Universal Human Rights sponsored by United Nations then the entitlements are more real then you suggest. Violations of Human Rights have been prosecuted in past. Here is a book you can read International Prosecution of Human Rights Crimes.

It doesn't matter to you. God isn't protecting your human rights, this you must do.

When the government running a country "signs on" to the Declaration of Universal Human Rights sponsored by United Nations then the entitlements are more real then you suggest. Violations of Human Rights have been prosecuted in past. Here is a book you can read International Prosecution of Human Rights Crimes.

You're just making me laugh..... 'prosecuted'..... According to religious laws you will be prosecuted and have your ass roasted- tell me how you'll feel about that. It seems you've understood nothing.

Doesn't matter who created them... If human rights, by your own references, are basic rules created for the benefit of humans, then any system created for the benefit of humans is just as a proponent of 'human rights' as any... difference being the rights granted in it- reflecting the different views held of 'benefit'.

Peace be unto you ;)

You're just making me laugh..... 'prosecuted'..... According to religious laws you will be prosecuted and have your ass roasted-

Religious law is defunct in the free world.
You speak as though you were dead. Most humans don't think that irrationally.....

Religious law is defunct in the free world.
You speak as though you were dead. Most humans don't think that irrationally.....

Death isn't really existent in some religions... Its only a transition point... As such the the laws that are most beneficial would be those that can help here and after the transition also. As such your claim of 'defunct' is your based on your lack of understanding of religious laws, and religions in general. For someone who doesn't understand this to be arguing just shows more arrogance than anything... although I've had the feeling of talking to a brick wall for a long time but you're making that more certain by every post you make :wallbang:

Peace be unto you ;)

So wiki says:

"Because of the divisions over which rights to include, and because some states declined to ratify any treaties including certain specific interpretations of human rights, and despite the Soviet bloc and a number of developing countries arguing strongly for the inclusion of all rights in a so-called Unity Resolution, the rights enshrined in the UDHR were split into two separate covenants, allowing states to adopt some rights and derogate others...."

So its just a political tool... great..

Peace be unto you ;)

True... this forum is full of them... Michael and (Q) to name a few.. and to make you feel better ;)

Peace be unto you ;)

like from a book or a research study? um...:confused:

just take a look around...are people still greedy, gluttonous, full of pride, envious? is there still suffering, abuse, fear, hate? these are rhetorical questions...

As far as the Church teaching is concerned I'm aware that Jesus already done away with sin at the Cross. You say no. So I would like you to reference it from the Bible perhaps?

I don't believe anything about Jesus dying for anyone's sin that would explain everything- but really I don't want to involve the Islamic belief- I would like reference from the Bible to substantiate your claim so that I can know what the Bible reallysays about the issue.

Peace be unto you ;)

Human Rights = a subjective entity. But apparently people here think there is such a thing of entitled human rights which for some reason although subjective must be taken as objective and imposed upon everyone-

this belief = sign of ignoramuses

Peace be unto you ;)
Do you think Slavery, as in owning another human, is acceptable?

Is Slavery acceptable?

Of course. It gets shit done.

a974_bm.gif

Back