recent sighting - more pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again, Chris. :)

About the new pics-

I think the object was a meteor. anyway, i will try to find astronomical maps of 24 June over Australia.
Groove on :cool: .

Originally posted by (Q)
Nice pictures of cirrus clouds.

You are talking about those "ice" clouds which are placed high in the sky. Probably not in this case, in my opinion.

Have u seen the last pic?
It doesn't look like any cloud. On the right of that object we can see a very strange line. I wonder what could it be? :bugeye:

Northwind! What a horrible suggestion....

It's obviously Paint Shop Pro, not Photoshop.

Xev-winky winky-Bellringer

What can we really trust anymore?
I mean, even if aliens landed, right on international TV, allowed us to kill one of them and examine the body and its internal alien organs, talked in a very different language, looked very different from us, had four arms or whatever, could show us extremely advanced technology....we still would not believe it...well, I would, but I'm talking about the rest of you...:D
Because everything can be manufactured by humans. It sais something about how far we have evolved technologically, but how little we have evolved emotionally. People don't trust anything, not even their own experiences. What does that leave them with? With the conviction that life is made up of lies? Manufactured by who/what? And why?
And any answer given to that question would also be considered a lie.

Hi all,

Thanks all for your viewpoints......

The images are what I say they are, and while I don't have time to go through and pick all the best ones from that day, I did post a couple of enhanced versions of what is posted....

"Northwind:
Wow, look at all the Photoshop blur filters in action..."

Wow, Northwind, let's see you do one...

"Xev:
Northwind! What a horrible suggestion....
It's obviously Paint Shop Pro, not Photoshop"

Is it obviously Paint shop Pro? I thought it was a Nikon Coolpix with a Celestron scope attached. OK let's see you put your mind where your mouth is and find a fake image on my site also.....

www.surfin.com.au

Put up or shut up

I have been a visitor to the northern beaches chasing a fish or two and an advocate for further study regarding the UFO phenomenom. But I'm sorry to say those pics and others in your site COULD be no more than cloud formations naturally occurring due to the high and low pressure streams coming from the ocean meeting the oposite pressure coming from the surrounding land mass/cliffs
Thats my opinion... But keep up the vigulant work son.

Originally posted by Bebelina
What can we really trust anymore?
I mean, even if aliens landed, right on international TV, allowed us to kill one of them and examine the body and its internal alien organs, talked in a very different language, looked very different from us, had four arms or whatever, could show us extremely advanced technology....we still would not believe it...well, I would, but I'm talking about the rest of you...

Actually, that is the sort of extraordinary evidence us skeptics would like to see. Taking an image of a torch being waved up and down, digitised and smeared in an image editing programme is not evidence.

Because everything can be manufactured by humans. It sais something about how far we have evolved technologically, but how little we have evolved emotionally. People don't trust anything, not even their own experiences. What does that leave them with? With the conviction that life is made up of lies? Manufactured by who/what? And why?
And any answer given to that question would also be considered a lie.

That is indeed the modern day problem. We now know how to fabricate just about anything using advanced materials and software. Anything can be faked.

Fundamentally though, most people don't realise the P.T. Barnum was correct when he said 'There's one born every minute'. People are easily fooled, they always have been and doubtless always will.

The problem with us skeptics is that we question everything, including ourselves.

"thed
Taking an image of a torch being waved up and down, digitised and smeared in an image editing programme is not evidence"

Ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahah!

chris

You are talking about those "ice" clouds which are placed high in the sky. Probably not in this case, in my opinion.

No Chris, a cirrus cloud, not an ice cloud. Would you like me to provide a meteorology link that you may brush up on cloud types ?

Have u seen the last pic?
It doesn't look like any cloud. On the right of that object we can see a very strange line. I wonder what could it be?

Actually, your pics are looking a lot less like cloud formations and more like what others are referring; smears and blurs created with enhanced software. That strange line could be a portion of a cloud with the sun reflecting. Could be....

Of course, it is highly unlikely it is what you claim it to be.

OK let's see you put your mind where your mouth is and find a fake image on my site also.....

You know very well that it is quite difficult to detect such things.

Put up or shut up

Telling Xev what to do is generally a very baaaaaaad idea. ;)

Bebelina:
I mean, even if aliens landed, right on international TV, allowed us to kill one of them and examine the body and its internal alien organs, talked in a very different language, looked very different from us, had four arms or whatever, could show us extremely advanced technology....we still would not believe it...

I would be. I bet most skeptics would be.

well, I would, but I'm talking about the rest of you...

Wow, gee Bebe, you must be fucking psychic or something.

Thed:
The problem with us skeptics is that we question everything, including ourselves.

As Fox-'Demon pizza is evil'-Mulder put it,

"The problem with you skeptics is that you want proof!!!"

"Xev:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
cb:OK let's see you put your mind where your mouth is and find a fake image on my site also.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know very well that it is quite difficult to detect such things".

Not good enough. But just as I thought, one more lost soul polluting this field of interest....

However, I must say I am enjoying this. I guess you could say it's good practice for when I release my CD ROM.

- Just for the record, I have shot about 8 hours of video, 10 mins of film, and about 8000 images. Given that I am a 56 year old director of my own company in the Surfing industry, I see no need why I would risk my career by involving myself in anything dishonest.

Next please......?

Last edited:
However, I must say I am enjoying this. I guess you could say it's good practice for when I release my CD ROM.

Just for the record, I have shot about 8 hours of video, 10 mins of film, and about 8000 images. Given that I am a 56 year old director of my own company in the Surfing industry, I see no need why I would risk my career by involving myself in anything dishonest.

There is nothing dishonest about trying to sell X-Ray vision glasses and sea-monkeys to kids, but it's done all the time. It's all about a fools money and how quickly it departs the fool. You'll be happy to know there is an abundance of irrational, gullible people with lots of money. ;)

Do you really think I am the only witness to these sightings...?

Perhaps not. Perhaps those same clouds may pass by my locale and I can also witness them. ;)

However, the fact you admit to being a director of media places you as a most likely candidate to successfully manipulate images with software. If not you specifically, then you must have connections to professionals who have the ability and resources to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back