Raped Child in Foster Care

If my memory is correct, Liberia was full of child soldiers, rapes and chaos during the civil wars that have dominated the last 25 years of Liberia's history. That may explain why this situation would happen in the families that escaped to the USA but it does explain what to do about the psychological damage withing those families.

The bit a about families being ashamed of their rape victims is of unknown ancient origins but it seems to have been something that was present in many of the tribal cultures of Africa, Europe, the Middle East and India and that it predates Abrahamic and Vedic religions but was not successfully eradicated by Abrahamic and Vedic religions.

how sad. To be gang raped at 8 and then thrown away by your family.

I wish you'd give this a break! Worse things happen every freakin' day, all over the world. To spend so much time condemning this one lousy incident only minimizes all the thousands, perhaps millions, of worse things that happen.

Yes, it's sad, it's tragic. Now let's move on to something else ....please?

Baron Max

I wish you'd give this a break! Worse things happen every freakin' day, all over the world. To spend so much time condemning this one lousy incident only minimizes all the thousands, perhaps millions, of worse things that happen.

Baron Max

So human sympathy for others has to be measured out in exact units, of which everyone gets only a certain quantity?

Give it up. Yes, there are lots of others suffering too. But this is a specific thread about this girl who was raped. If you're that bothered by people's alleged lack of perspective then get off your worthless, cancerous little ass and take some action to make a difference for those millions of others you're on about, rather than messing up our discussion.

Now I got a fucking head rush and I can't see. I blame you.

Baron Max

I know, it choked me up as well. My husband didn't want to hear about it either. :bawl:
Especially when I told him one of the boys was her cousin and they had it all planned out. They knew she liked gum, so they used it as bait to gang rape her

I know, it choked me up as well. My husband didn't want to hear about it either.
Especially when I told him one of the boys was her cousin and they had it all planned out. They knew she liked gum, so they used it as bait to gang rape her

Okay, now can we talk about something different? ...like the thousands of girls in Africa that we captured by rebels, gang-raped, then had her arms cut off so she couldn't feed herself and she'd starve.

Is that taking your mind off of the kid in Arizona? Are you now hyper-choked up and forgotten that one little girl in favor of the thousands?

Baron Max

So human sympathy for others has to be measured out in exact units, of which everyone gets only a certain quantity?

Yeah, I think so .....and I think the unit of measure is determined by the news media!! they're the ones who decide which "pitiful" story to tell us so that we get all choked up. But they don't tell us about the thousands of little girls that were raped that same day, do they?????? Nope, they picked that one little girl only!

Humans suck giant donkey dicks!

Baron Max

People can't relate to statistics but they can relate to stories about the lives of individuals.

Yeah, that and people allow the news media to drag them around by the ring in their nose! If the news media has a story, we're all supposed to react to it in accordance with how the media tells us to react. ...and if we don't, then we could be ostracized from the community.

Oh, geez, we're a hopeless species, ain't we!

Baron Max

Originally Posted by Baron Max: "Worse things happen every freakin' day, all over the world."

So? Does that diminish this tragedy?

No, it doesn't diminish the tragedy. But it does diminish the reactions to that tragedy.

If people really feel as bad as they claim about this one incident, then how would they feel about tens of thousands of the same/similar incidents that happen every day? Yeah, they'd be completely grief-stricken and never be able to do anything except cry and moan and mourn.

No, the news media tells us what's important enough to shed a tear or two, so we willingly obey ....and often argue about the reactions as if they're real!

Baron Max

If the parents are charged and convicted with a crime, such as child abandonment, or endangerment, ship the whole bunch of them back to Liberia.

If the 14 year old is convicted, ship his ass back to liberia.

And ship this moron back to Liberia too just incase:
"But Slueue Goe, who is from Liberia and identified himself as the uncle of the 9- and 10-year-old suspects, said he knows the girl's parents and doesn't believe allegations that they blamed or shunned their daughter.

He denied that his nephews are capable of sexual assault, and said his country does not have a rape problem.

"We are from West Africa. We are well-behaved people. We are trained people. It is our culture to respect," Goe said. "

I bet the girl will think twice about accepting gum again in an alley way.

This is a sad story but like others have pointed out a lot worse things happens every day around the world.

She might not have her virginity but at least she has her life, now move on there’s nothing more to see here folks!

If you really want to see something sad, what about the thousands of children dying each day of starvation around the world or the children orphaned by parents dying of AIDS and themselves are having to deal with their own infections?

M*W: There was probably some neglect (or abuse) going on because of the mentality of these parents.

So does that mean that all kids that come from neglected, abusive homes are like these kids in the OP?

If not, then is there any actual cause indicated? Or is this "abusive, neglectful" thingie something that we just say for some reason? Like trying to act like we know something when we really don't?

Baron Max

For you apparently.

If people really feel as bad as they claim about this one incident, then how would they feel about tens of thousands of the same/similar incidents that happen every day? Yeah, they'd be completely grief-stricken and never be able to do anything except cry and moan and mourn.

If people felt the same/similar reaction to all the world's tragedies, they wouldn't have time nor the energy to continue to exist. It's simple logic and sound reasoning, nothing more.

Baron Max

If people really feel as bad as they claim about this one incident, then how would they feel about tens of thousands of the same/similar incidents that happen every day?

People can only connect with personalize tragedy. "Tens of thousands" are just words. But I don't get the impression you care about either case. You seem to mention it just to try and steal attention for yourself.

Back