Ramadan 2007 style

Its hard for schoolkids who fast during their exam periods, but i have yet to find a correlation between bad results and fasting.. I think fasting might actually make your mind more focused than usual. Anyone heard anything like that or to the contrary ?

Well, Sherlock Holmes used to stop eating during difficult cases because he said it conserved all his blood towards his brain rather than wasting it on stuff like digestion.:D

Well, Sherlock Holmes used to stop eating during difficult cases because he said it conserved all his blood towards his brain rather than wasting it on stuff like digestion.:D

HEY SAM

BUT THEN DONT YOU GET hungry and shit and just think about when you are getting eat your next meakl or bit of ood and shit

~~~~~~~~~~
Cheers
zak

HEY SAM

BUT THEN DONT YOU GET hungry and shit and just think about when you are getting eat your next meakl or bit of ood and shit

~~~~~~~~~~
Cheers
zak

That means you are more interested in food than in focusing your brain.:spank:

Food and eating is usually a distraction.
Avoid it.

Hey Zak,
I remember started full month of fasting since 4th grade, about 10 years old. Previously I just on and off for a month.

The technique is all in the brain. When you set your mind that you would not need to eat and drink for the whole day, then, I hope as it works to me, then hungry and thirsty is not a problem. Desire is the key, when you don't desire anything, you would not loose anything when you don't have it.

Actually I have a digestive dysfuction (gastritis?). In normal days, if I don't eat at normal time, my stomach will be sick. In ramadhan, the disease is gone all the day, until breakfast time come, if I don't do breakfast, it hurts. I suspect, this is because when the breakfast time come, nothing hold my desire to eat, the chemistry of my body request meals, then my gastrovascular system works at its normal pace.

Set mind not to eat, not to drink, not desiring them, and believe our body will stance, everything is going to be allright. I experience that for years.

Some teaching says satan is locked in ramadhan. I interpret it as locking our own desire to do anything prohibited during ramadhan. Its not God who locks the satan, fasting people do.

Fasting is about control.

Back