Quotes to remember

''If you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself. Something to repair tears in your community. Something to make life a little better for people, less fortunate than you. That's what I think. A meaningful life is not living for one's self, but for one's community.'' - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

226947894_1674359126088476_5818703349138541105_n.jpg

''Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.'' - W.B. Yeats

''If you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself. Something to repair tears in your community. Something to make life a little better for people, less fortunate than you. That's what I think. A meaningful life is not living for one's self, but for one's community.'' - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
My community for the past 17 months has been Bali. Have been helping out some friends by buying them some food stuff

Number of packets noodles, tea, biscuits, fruit. Other day girlfriend Inul asked if I would change what I buy

Seems they would get more from rice than from noodles. So on Monday gave them 5kg rice, 2 packets sugar and 10 eggs

Didn't feel the same

IMG20210726104545~01.jpg
This is what I was providing

Will get another photo of what Inul and I are giving now soon

:)

My community for the past 17 months has been Bali. Have been helping out some friends by buying them some food stuff

Number of packets noodles, tea, biscuits, fruit. Other day girlfriend Inul asked if I would change what I buy

Seems they would get more from rice than from noodles. So on Monday gave them 5kg rice, 2 packets sugar and 10 eggs

Didn't feel the same

View attachment 4351
This is what I was providing

Will get another photo of what Inul and I are giving now soon

How thoughtful! The food shortages over the past year have been something. :frown:

How thoughtful! The food shortages over the past year have been something. :frown:
I've known the friends for more than 10 years since I have been coming to Bali

Inul not as long but when I became stranded here she began to take care of me filling out the mountain of paperwork to have my 30 day tourist visa extended and over that another mountain of paperwork to have me vaccinated

Us at Bintang Supermarket.jpg

Early days at our shopping centre

"I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I have to go."

Theodore Roethke

231456662_1332913987145479_7401762167189906688_n.jpg

Last edited:
“What I'm asking you to entertain is that there is nothing we need to believe on insufficient evidence in order to have deeply ethical and spiritual lives.”
― Sam Harris

227217793_1333689693734575_596922782612347267_n.jpg

Last edited:
“In the infinite dark cosmos, a tiny ball called Earth is floating. Its surface is occupied by even tinier creatures called 'human beings', who wear fancy clothes and speak big words."---Shunya

"I'm a pool reader"

A what?

"A pool reader"

What's a pool reader?

"It's like a tea leaf reader in a cup. But a lot bigger. You know all those leaves which blow into your pool? I come along, stand on your roof and read them for you"

Billy Connolly

Back