Quotes to remember

cPxm58t.jpg

Post some, if you like. :smile:

"Disparage no book, for it is also a part of the world." (Rabbi Nachman of Breslov)

"Whenever a person rises from one level to the next, it necessitates that he first has a descent before the ascent. Because the purpose of any descent is always in order to ascend." (LM 22, Rabbi Nachman of Breslov)

"Disparage no book, for it is also a part of the world." (Rabbi Nachman of Breslov)

"Whenever a person rises from one level to the next, it necessitates that he first has a descent before the ascent. Because the purpose of any descent is always in order to ascend." (LM 22, Rabbi Nachman of Breslov)

It is some kind of alchemical process toward knowledge.
Credo Quia Absurdum said:
The alchemist supports the goal of reaching the enlightenment in seven distinct processes.

As the great work initiates, we watch a considerable mutation on the elements from their original state. Although, the evolution is far beyond the earthly metallurgy. The metaphor behind the altered matter and planetary influence, affect both spirit, psyche and body. For many authors, to follow the steps as a scientist may lead us to frustration and disappointment. That idea underlines the fact that the journey could be purely spiritual.
https://quiabsurdum.com/the-seven-stages-of-alchemy/

(somewhat rephrased from the original)

That stew was so thin
you could read a magazine through it
I have often thought that
If that stew had been any thinner
even a politician could have seen through it

"The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy."
- Thomas Sowell

“Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.”
― Allen Ginsberg

160592348_1235372523566293_8453211768861800362_n.jpg

“The mind-stuff of the world is, of course, something more general than our individual conscious minds.... It is difficult for the matter-of-fact physicist to accept the view that the substratum of everything is of mental character. But no one can deny that mind is the first and most direct thing in our experience, and all else is remote inference.”
― Arthur Stanley Eddington, The Nature Of The Physical World

mind-stuff-cameron-limbrick.jpg

Last edited:
“To die, to sleep -
To sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub,
For in this sleep of death what dreams may come...”--Hamlet, William Shakespeare

161691632_1237738543329691_5813728218255485019_n.jpg

“I believe that there are 15,747,724,136,275,02,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons.”
― Arthur S. Eddington

“One of the most curious of these stories about Pauli concerns the number 137. One of the great unsolved mysteries of modern physics is the value of the fine structure constant, for while the other fundamental constants of nature are all immensely small or enormously large, this fine structure constant 1/137 turns out to be a human-sized number. This number 137 and its place in the scale of the universe particularly puzzled Pauli and continues to challenge physicists today. I was a mystery that Pauli was to take to his death, for on being admitted into the hospital, the physicist was told that he was being put into room 137. According to one version of this story on learning of his room number, Pauli said, "I will never get out of here." The physicist died shortly after.”
― F. David Peat, Synchronicity: The Bridge Between Matter and Mind

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
“I am you and you are me. We are alone, but not alone. We are trapped by time, but also infinite. Made of flesh, but also stars.”
― Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive

165525082_1242385149531697_7356874221807734629_o.jpg

Not a quote as such but I thought worthy of being in this thread

Al "Scarface" Capone's lawyer Easy Eddie testified against The Mob

Within the year Easy Eddie's life ended in a blaze of gunfire on a lonely Chicago street

Police removed from his pockets a poem clipped from a magazine.

The poem read

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith intime. For the clock may soon be still."

:)

Back