Quotes to remember

"You're going to die. You're going to be dead. It could be 20 years, it could be tomorrow, anytime. So am I. I mean, we're just going to be gone. The world's going to go on without us. All right now. You do your job in the face of that, and how seriously you take yourself you decide for yourself."
~ Bob Dylan

AofRRLI.jpg

"The system has its invisible claws in you and you're so asleep at the wheel that - to the extent you realise it at all - you're quite happy to go along with it." ~James R (this Forum)
You said it in just the right way...lol

“Gliding o’er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul—not life alone,
Death, many deaths I’ll sing.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

9ZFgBEg.jpg

"So our basic nature is actually naturally loving. It's tender. When we awaken - which is a very natural thing to do by the way, not special or strange - we're just coming back to this original, loving nature."
- Henry Shukman

rUCqHs7.jpg

Last edited:
“I find that the world is changing much, much faster than I can even bitch about it.”
― Bill Maher, The New New Rules: A Funny Look At How Everybody But Me Has Their Head Up Their Ass

XXSaQ3l.jpg

“Normal is an ideal. But it’s not reality. Reality is brutal, it’s beautiful, it’s every shade between black and white, and it’s magical. Yes, magical. Because every now and then, it turns nothing into something.”
― Tara Kelly, Harmonic Feedback
Painting by Andrea Kowch

FtWnXMj.jpg

“Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When I was young, I found out that the big toe always ends up making a hole in a sock. So I stopped wearing socks."---Albert Einstein to Philippe Halsman; A. P. French Einstein: A Centenary Volume (1979)

"Gaza is often described as 'the world's largest open air prison' because no-one is allowed to enter or leave. But that seems a bit unfair to prisons — they don't have their electricity and drinking water cut off randomly almost every day."---artist Banksy

CQJR4gS.jpg

Reactions: C C
“Do you have doubts about life? Are you unsure if it's worth the trouble? Look at the sky: that is for you. Look at each person's face as you pass on the street: those faces are for you. And the street itself, and the ground under the street and the ball of fire underneath the ground: all these things are for you. They are as much for you as they are for other people. Remember this when you wake up in the morning and think you have nothing. Stand up and face the east. Now praise the sky and praise the light within each person under the sky. It's okay to be unsure. But praise, praise, praise.”
― Miranda July, No One Belongs Here More Than You

8qF82dQ.jpg

“It is a slightly arresting notion that if you were to pick yourself apart with tweezers, one atom at a time, you would produce a mound of fine atomic dust, none of which had ever been alive but all of which had once been you.”
― Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything
1f62f.png

DPxT5RF.jpg

Back