Quotes to remember

"Each life is formed by its unique image, an image that is the essence of that life and calls it to a destiny. As the force of fate, this image acts as a personal daimon, an accompanying guide who remembers your calling."---James Hillman

“I can hear your whisper and distant mutter. I can smell your damp on the breeze and in the sky I see the halo of your violence. Storm I know you are coming.”
― Robert Fanney

cSHpngx.jpg

“The intimate sense of self-awareness we experience bubbling up at each moment is rooted in the originating activity of the Universe. We are all of us arising together at the invisible center of the cosmos.”― Alexis Karpouzos

UsTWkwx.jpg

“Galaxies are not scarce. There are at least one hundred billion in the universe, with each containing roughly one hundred billion stars. That’s 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 – or ten sextillion – stars altogether, perhaps many more. It’s an unintelligible number, and then an awe-striking one – and then a horror story.”
― Nick Land, Phyl-Undhu: Abstract Horror, Exterminator

B8gGQff.jpg

Last edited:
“The Matrix, Agent Smith (an AI) articulates this sentiment: “Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague and we are the cure.”
― Max Tegmark, Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence

“I mean, maybe I am crazy. I mean, maybe. But if this is all there is, then I don't want to be sane.”
― Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere

VCZdCGo.jpg

“The secret of a good old age is simply
an honorable pact with solitude.”
Gabriel García Márquez, “One Hundred Years of Solitude”

Anonymous: "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" should be called the do-gooder fallacy. Since it seems to entail the belief that a noble act or an act supposedly motivated by noble intent will either magically work out or not make things worse simply because it is noble. Astonishing how the brains of the otherwise most secular, critically minded people will abruptly fall-out of if you sprinkle some "do-gooder" dust on a proposal, project, or ideology. It's as if the heavens opened up to divinely bless the initiative, with the freethinkers promptly falling on their knees and vowing to see the worthy goal to its fruition, following the unvetted method or dogma as prescribed.
_

Last edited:
''When you have nothing to say, say nothing; a weak defense strengthens your opponent, and silence is less injurious than a bad reply." - Charles Caleb Colton

“A good question is not concerned with a correct answer. A good question cannot be answered immediately. A good question challenges existing answers. A good question is one you badly want answered once you hear it, but had no inkling you cared before it was asked. "---Kevin Kelly

“After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn’t it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked—as I am surprisingly often—why I bother to get up in the mornings.”
― Richard Dawkins

1iuvGZh.jpg

Last edited:
“The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.”
― Carlos Castaneda

CWdtgOi.jpg

Last edited:
Back