Quotes to remember

“Hope is not about proving anything. It's about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak shit anyone can throw at us.”
― Anne Lamott

slGiIXh.jpg

Last edited:
“Enough of this. Does every conversation with you have to be the director's cut? Get out of the car.”
― Jonathan Lethem, Motherless Brooklyn

“The fact that political ideologies are tangible realities is not a proof of their vitally necessary character. The bubonic plague was an extraordinarily powerful social reality, but no one would have regarded it as vitally necessary.”
~ Wilhelm Reich

“The sun will rise tomorrow morning; I know that perfectly well. But figuring out how I could know it is, as Hume pointed out, a bit of a puzzle.”
― Jerry A. Fodor

“People think they want to know. Actually, if you ask—-how much would you pay to know, the answer is not much. . . . Do you care how your refrigerator works? No, as long as there’s a repairman around when it breaks down. Nobody really cares.”
― Jerry A. Fodor

“I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me.”
Hermann Hesse - Demian, 1919.

"Thoughts are a form of active energy transformation in the brain,
in the process of thinking the conscious experiential mind emerges"

"Thought is a process where sensory data is cognized and codified before it is
retranslated and comparative cognition is experienced on a biochemical
emotional level. A moment of conscious self-awareness. "

Last edited:
“The foundation of reverence is this perception, that the present holds within itself the complete sum of existence, backwards and forwards, that whole amplitude of time, which is eternity.”
― Alfred North Whitehead

“You wander from room to room hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck.”
Rumi ❤️

"I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone."---Henry Rollins

yJP0sJE.jpg

“It is so much safer to not feel; not to let the world touch me.” - Sylvia Plath

Back