Questions about evolution

Actually, there is no such thing as chance :) the result is what happens after "the dice obeys to all the laws of nature".

There could be chance in the quantum way of things, which seems to have totally different laws from what we are used to.

Also called determinism. I still haven't decided ;)

I guess so :), I can somewhat understand why people would be interested in bare feet, but shoes? There's people out there that collect them (!), I guess some things are best left unexplained :)

There's a biological reason for shoe collecting, but I don't know if it's been researched beyond marketers targeting women.

Also called determinism. I still haven't decided ;)
Me neither, it's a difficult subject :), but I do believe in free will. But of course there's always boundaries to what I can do with my will, and maybe those boundaries are what is predetermined? Or every path is accounted for but we only see the one we take? Much like the electron exists in every place it can be at, but when we look at it it's fixed at one place. There's alot of threads dealing with these issues already but if I find something I think hasn't been discussed perhaps I'll start a new one :) always have liked free will discussions ha ha.

There's a biological reason for shoe collecting, but I don't know if it's been researched beyond marketers targeting women.
There's a biological (need to have shoes) but an evolutionary?

And would there be any reason to think that there is a difference with males and females in this matter?

But of course, to some extent "taste" of shoes (which would be in the shoe-fetishist interest) could be a indicator of seeing patterns in society in order to adapt to current society. Which would also be the reason why we like certain tastes of clothes generally (fashion).

Perhaps the shoe-fetishists evolutionary reason for preparation is so that we can walk better or faster? For what reason? Well, I don't know :) perhaps because of a slippery ice-age coming? lol

Wow, I can see the future!

Last edited:
There's a biological (need to have shoes) but an evolutionary?

Of course, all behavior is evolutionary.

And would there be any reason to think that there is a difference with males and females in this matter?

The average female loves lots of shoes. The average male doesn't share that.

But of course, to some extent "taste" of shoes (which would be in the shoe-fetishist interest) could be a indicator of seeing patterns in society in order to adapt to current society. Which would also be the reason why we like certain tastes of clothes generally (fashion).

Yep

Perhaps the shoe-fetishists evolutionary reason for preparation is so that we can walk better or faster? For what reason? Well, I don't know :) perhaps because of a slippery ice-age coming? lol

Wow, I can see the future!

Ain't it great?

Of course, all behavior is evolutionary.
But why do we scratch our wounds, if so, or rather...why do we scratch at all - all my life I've heard that I shouldn't scratch if it itches. Would there be any disadvantages to not scratching (except for nervous breakdown)?

The average female loves lots of shoes. The average male doesn't share that.
Perhaps because they want to look different all the time (boredom?) and we want to look the same.

Ain't it great?
Nah, I don't know, ice age seems rather cold for me, I have enough snow here in Sweden as it is. Global warming looks promising though.

Back