Question on Ice

Originally Posted by origin
I was being generous calling it a theory. I am refering to your conjecture about hurricanes and their relationship to the build up of tenson in tectonic plates. I guess it gets sort of difficult for you to remember all of the different wild ass conjectures you have made [chuckle].

well at least you got the idea reasonably correct...most people historically refer to it the other way round. In that eathquakes are caused by weather and not weather being caused by siesmic tension.

Uh, historically anyone with a grade school education or better does not think that earthquakes are caused by weather or vice versa.

Uh, historically anyone with a grade school education or better does not think that earthquakes are caused by weather or vice versa.

Thought this should be true, it is obviously an inaccurate statement. I am pretty sure QQ got throgh at least grade school.

Thought this should be true, it is obviously an inaccurate statement. I am pretty sure QQ got throgh at least grade school.
well Aristotle managed to get through grade school as well. when he considered the pseudoscience of "earthquake weather"
In the 4th century B.C., Aristotle proposed that earthquakes were caused by winds trapped in subterranean caves. Small tremors were thought to have been caused by air pushing on the cavern roofs, and large ones by the air breaking the surface. This theory led to a belief in earthquake weather, that because a large amount of air was trapped underground, the weather would be hot and calm before an earthquake. A later theory stated that earthquakes occurred in calm, cloudy conditions, and were usually preceded by strong winds, fireballs, and meteors. A modern theory proposes that certain cloud formations may be used to predict earthquakes; however, this idea is rejected by most geologists.

How ever my hypothesis is not "Earthquake weather" but cyclonic type weather that is caused due to siesmic tension/pressure... Now any one who managed to get through grade school can see that there is a potential for this to be valid however proving such is a different issue.

You do realize the definition if hypothesis is not "inane conjecture". Besides your prediction of a 9+ earthquake was shown to be wrong, which indicates your inane conjecture was, well, an inane conjecture [tee hee].

Back