Psychic activity....

Who the hell am I?
I've just finished my 2nd year of a double degree in Psychology and Neuroscience.
While I'm not qualified to comment on many other things, I think there may be at least some basis for my argument.

Whats your opinion? On psychic activity, on conciousness?

Huwy said:
I think there may be at least some basis for my argument.

no
all you stated was the brain was responsible for consciouness
usually at this point you would move on to the how and whys..ie the mechanisms, the neural correlates, etc

look
i aint busting your balls or anything
its just that the "who are you to....." is a trifle unorthodox as far as argumentation goes

Yes asking "who are you to" was quite unneccessary of me, I already know who he is, he's duendy.

I was questioning his knowledge on the issue, as it appears he contributes no knowledge to this forum, whatsoever.

EDIT:
Admittedly I now speak about duendy in a very rude and derogatory manner - but is my opinion that he is an ungrateful racist.

Last edited:
-
Huwy said:
duendy """HOW--from se-called consciousess-less neurons, synapses, molecules, atoms etc does subjective consciousness happen.....? HOW?"""

Who are you to say that neurons are "consciousness-less"??
And who are you to say that the roughly 10 trillion neurons in the nervous system, all firing, interacting with each other, chemically and electrically, wouldn't be magnificient enough to constitute what we call "conciousness"??
Where else do you propose conciousness is, is it some invisible spirit nobody can see?
Is it in the heart? Or the rectum?
pffft.

me)))))))))not ME, you rude silly boy. materialistic science says it.
What is being explored is that neurons, atoms, etc are 'tinngling with consciousness'. That matterLenergy is sentient....So in your drama of explaining me wrong, your agreeing with me...haha

If someone beat someone to death, I believe conciousness would cease to exist.
Take that Terry Schiavo case. She was brain dead, but her family wanted to keep her "alive", and they did so for 15 years. Thank goodness that woman has now been given her peace.
They were interfering when they put the feeding tube IN, not when they took it out!

but what dos 'consciousness ceases to exist' MEAN? 'her' consciousness? conciousness in general? ...and how do you know this? haveyer been dead already? you haven't got a clue. you just spout off like the fresher you are. think you know it all...bahhhhh

Huwy said:
Yes asking "who are you to" was quite unneccessary of me, I already know who he is, he's duendy.

I was questioning his knowledge on the issue, as it appears he contributes no knowledge to this forum, whatsoever.

me::says he who doesn't even know what is being argued ABOUT! ohhhh the irony

EDIT:
Admittedly I now speak about duendy in a very rude and derogatory manner - but is my opinion that he is an ungrateful racist.
well, i will put ya on me troll list then you little piece of.....

I'm afraid that when people die, they just... die. That's it.
Their conciousness turns off, it goes away. They no longer perceive anything.

Its not a pleasant idea, if I could choose to believe something else, something nice, I would.
Thats what I think scares so many people about death, its very difficult to conceive, just... dying. But thats what makes life so important.

well Huwy lad,i see it different. i see hell is waiting for you. that slimy-lookin entities are gonna be wiating with all kinds of things to stick up your rectum as they drag yourscreaming soul down to the Harrowing Pit

Back